Six players likely to disappoint in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As Nick Foles says he can care less about stats.I'm with him & say just win baby.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You
I believe Foles will NOT disappoint for at least 2 reasons...

1. He will come out of the tunnel at least once wearing his uniform instead of a track warm-up suit...

2. He will take at least 1 regular season snap in 2015...

I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
need him for more than one snap !! The is not a great case.In less you are talking Case Keenum as in the backup QB

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
You

need him for more than one snap !! The is not a great case.In less you are talking Case Keenum as in the backup QB

No, it was tongue in cheek referencing what the Rams got from Sam last year..I probably should have used blue...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Wow! Talk about lack of objectivity. Like lives on another planet lack of objectivity.

Foles is ON this league wide list and Bradford is OFF of it?

Foles?

The winning career QB at 12-5 as a starter?
With a Pro Bowl and a record setting season already on his resume?
Now healthy after a broken collar bone last season?

Bradford?

After missing the last 25 games due to multiple ACL injuries?
Career losing QB?
Eagles won't even extend his salary due to various uncertainties about his future?
Reportedly not certain to be available by opening day?

Ummmmm... And Sessler considers Foles the most likely to disappoint?

C'mon...

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Sports Writer Most Likely to Disappoint with Every Article He Writes
1. Marc Sessler, Around the NFL Writer

I would try and find another so-called writer to make #1 here but this guy just has no clue. Maybe if he used 0.5% of his brain once in a while he wouldn't write such uninformed articles. Marc is a better fit for being a guest lecturer at high school English classes on how not to write an article. Chump.

SierraRam

Recreational User
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
That photo is all that I need to see, to understand where this guy is coming from.

Ha! Looks like Utah to me. What a douche

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
God, I hope Quick comes back playing the same way he did before we lost him for the season last year. A lot of asshat reporters said the same thing last year about the Rams WR corp and the combo of Quick and Britt had them eating their words early on. Like someone said earlier, Britt was able to put up the numbers he did last year with Hill and Davis throwing him the freaking ball. I'll say those two names again, HILL and DAVIS for crying out loud! Stupid ass reporters don't look at shit but stats. Man, I swear......

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would put DeMarco Murray on that list.

1. He's not been the healthiest guy in his career
2. He's only got two 1,000 yard seasons on his resume
3. He's not running behind Dallas' offensive line any longer

I bet he will regret leaving when he finds out that the freeway in Dallas has more lanes than in Philly

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No, it was tongue in cheek referencing what the Rams got from Sam last year..I probably should have used blue...
Yeah hopefully a 2nd rd pick.I'm not cheering for Sam to get hurt.
-The Rams would have had a lame duck QB w/ a huge contract.He was playing hard ball with The Rams.
I lost a lot of respect for Sam Bradford for not trying to get a fair long term contract from The Rams.They have(FANS) been all in with him & paid for it in losses.I can see his point in horrible rehabs for 2years straight.He showed he was more about himself though in his interviews OBVIOUSLY .
Getting Nick Foles only cleans the slate with a great attitude,a pro bowl & proven NFL QB.Then add a solid back up QB of future with promise.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Yeah hopefully a 2nd rd pick.I'm not cheering for Sam to get hurt.
-The Rams would have had a lame duck QB w/ a huge contract.He was playing hard ball with The Rams.
I lost a lot of respect for Sam Bradford for not trying to get a fair long term contract from The Rams.They have(FANS) been all in with him & paid for it in losses.I can see his point in horrible rehabs for 2years straight.He showed he was more about himself though in his interviews OBVIOUSLY .
Getting Nick Foles only cleans the slate with a great attitude,a pro bowl & proven NFL QB.Then add a solid back up QB of future with promise.
The Rams are guaranteed that 2nd round pick. There's a possible conditional pick the Rams might be forced to give if Bradford plays less than half the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams are guaranteed that 2nd round pick. There's a possible conditional pick the Rams might be forced to give if Bradford plays less than half the season.
Thanks just adds value to the trade.

---It's all getting close

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'm friends with couple die hard Philly fans. They think Chip has destroyed the team with the off=season trades and that the defenses have caught up to Chipball.
Maybe Chip should be on the list?

iced

not surprising - the offense has been bad, we haven't had any stud/healthy receivers (let alone lead the team in receiving) and the o-line hasn't been that great/healthy either regardless of which QB was playing.

Expect to keep hearing it until something changes

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disappointment is about expectations - from a media/fan perspective, there aren't really expectations for Bradford. If he plays in any games, he will have exceeded many. So how could he possibly disappoint?

Foles on the other hand - quite a few people say we fleeced the Eagles with this trade. There are expectations for Foles. What the writer doesn't know I guess, as Den pointed out, is that Foles is better than what we've had the last two years. An average QB should put us over the top.

BUT - a questionable offensive line, questionable WR corps (Britt staying healthy last year was unusual and likely won't happen again - the rest of the guys are still very questionable), and our first round pick might not start the season.

Pretty easy to put Foles on this list - he's practically set up for failure.

I'm excited and drinking the kool aid, but I can easily see how he could be #1 on this list.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Ah the doldrums. Where any article about anything or anybody just has to be read. I don't know how Foles can possibly disappoint this year (for me) because I'm not expecting him to be Kurt Warner. Just manage the game fella.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
1. Peyton Manning- Really wasn't the same player during the 2nd half of the season. I'm not buying that he'll be healthy enough for 16 games and another playoff run.

2. Colin Kaepernick- Really hoping I'm right here. Without Gore and a solid D to hide behind it will be up to Kaep to win games, I don't think he can win through the air.

3. Adrian Peterson- Another year away from the game, on one hand you could argue that he's much healthier and he did "set the world on fire" during his last comeback. But you could also argue that there is going to be some rust, he is getting to the declining years of a RB's career that and people will be expecting him to repeat his comeback performance.

4. Khalil Mack- Most people around the NFL have Mack pegged as a young, rising superstar in the league. He was voted # 49 in the Top 100, and some were butt hurt that he wasn't Rookie of the Year. I don't get it, his number weren't all that impressive in any area but I do realize that sometimes a players impact doesn't always show up on the stat sheet. With that said I cannot see him being the "game wrecker" people have him out to be.-

5. OBJ- What? Blasphemy! I think expectations for him will be too high to live up to. I also think that every D Coordinator will be game planning for him each and every week.

6. Tavon Austin- I feel it's necessary to nominate one of our own. Another summer of "Tavon's getting the playbook now, he's focused". I think Austin will have a solid season, and be effective for us in the right areas, but to the NFL media "he will never live up to his lofty draft status".

I am obviously going to wrong on a few, but it was fun writing this up. I could have just picked already disappointing players, and then picked a few on teams I don't like.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
How about a 2 for 1 special: Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel. The Tebow hype train will be full steam ahead until late august when he's cut for the final time. And every ESPN and NFL writer will literally be gushing meringue over Johnny Flipping Football until week 4 when they realize he cannot be successful at the NFL level.