Six players likely to disappoint in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If Foles is better than Clemens, Hill and Davis, then he's not a disappointment.

If the offense is average or above, he's a success.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I can see Foles being on the list.

I'm certainly not sold on the OL. The left tackle is still learning to pass block. The basics of pass blocking at that.
The OC is an NFL rookie at the position.
His resume is part great, part so so

That's all stuff he has to overcome. Can he do it? How the heck should I know, we haven't even seen a preseason snap yet. I think Foles real ability to play QB, which season is the fluke, is one of the NFLs biggest mysteries for 2015.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would put DeMarco Murray on that list.

1. He's not been the healthiest guy in his career
2. He's only got two 1,000 yard seasons on his resume
3. He's not running behind Dallas' offensive line any longer

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
These guys have gotta write something this time of year. Nobody is gonna remember how wrong they were in December.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
why, i wouldn't expect anything less from nfl writers. i mean, why depart from accepted norms.
I'm sure they thought the same thing about Kurt Warner before he started for us!( Not saying Foles is another Warner. BUT ..)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
surprised to see Sam's not on the list after the huge hype but was expecting to see Foles on there - I hope he's not expected to be the great redeemer of this offense, because that would be very unfair, we don't have a QB friendly offensively minded HC. We just need Foles to stay healthy, stay upright and do those little passes that keep the downs coming - ALL SEASON.

If he starts every game - he's a success
If he keeps the interceptions lower than his TD passes - I'll buy his shirt ;)

With regards to Chip's system, if Sam is healthy he'll be awesome, but I think they'll have the same amount of success as if the start with Tebow.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I believe Foles will NOT disappoint for at least 2 reasons...

1. He will come out of the tunnel at least once wearing his uniform instead of a track warm-up suit...

2. He will take at least 1 regular season snap in 2015...

I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point made counselor. On the other hand, until proven otherwise, any QB playing behind a rookie-inexperienced OL such as this one is of serious concern. Perhaps the running game can-will keep the pressure off until they gel. In the meantime, Foles had better perfect his 3 step drop!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I suppose I can now break out my tired (yet almost always viable) comment about just how little I care about the bazillion talking head, cliche-riddled articles that pop up from the real material deprived hacks put out this time of year...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Foles will be asked to make his share of plays through the air to one of the league's most uninspiring group of wideouts.
Let's be honest with ourselves here.
WHO has been the inspiring wide receiver on this team since Torry Holt left?

And ... if you could name someone, is he still here?

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

We have group of young guys ready to blossom only in need of a qb who can half way throw a football and stay on the field more than a few games a season.like Torry had

Big Willie

Starter
I have an article..... Let's identify the "Six NFL writers who have disappointed in 2015"

Who ya got? I'll start with the writer for this dumb ass article....
  1. Marc Sessler

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have an article..... Let's identify the "Six NFL writers who have disappointed in 2015"

Who ya got? I'll start with the writer for this dumb ass article....
  1. Marc Sessler
Not sure about the rest of the list Big Willie,but i'd say your off to a hell of a start..lol

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1. amendola
2. no

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I absolutely hate Marc Sessler and his collegues he always does reports with. They only talk about the obvious and seemingly always kick the Rams down whether it's deserved or not. I figured Foles was #1 on his list. Moron.

Kicking the Rams has been good for business; goons like this guy don't have the time to really look at rosters and fairly predict anything. They'd rather keep going back to the well that delivers, and the Rams have been delivering for those that knock them for so long now...

This season the Rams will be the team that turns that BS on its head.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Foles will be great, the defense will be great, don't let the blogger slime that need a story to post get you down..........................GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I would say Kenny Britt. The guy has all the talent in the world and if not for shit QB play would have had 6-7 more touchdowns.

Edit: I didn't read the question correctly. Danny Amendola is a good answer. But I think Britt can become that go to #1 guy.

Big Willie

Starter
To be a big disappointment, you first have to have high expectations for that player. What player has lofty expectations by the team and its fans?

Nick Foles? No. We just want him to be steady and not throw dumb interceptions.
Robinson? Yes. He needs to live up to his contract and take the next step in the development process.
Gurley? Yes. The back of the future as called out by Fisher.
Donald? Yes. A sophomore slump is a possibility, but I don't see it.
Quinn? Yes. With a healthy Long, Donald and Fairly, I see single coverage. Can you say mismatch?
Jenkins? Yes. We see the talent, but the mistakes are killing us.
Britt, Quick, Bailey? Maybe, but their performance is so reliant on QB play it has been hard to put all of the burden on them.
Austin? Yes. Traded up for him to be the spark plug of the offense. Has not yet happened.
Cook? Definitely. Another guy whose mistakes dramatically hurt the team...and his salary...woof

To me, those are the prospects for this list. I discount Foles because I don't expect him to be great. (I hope he is, but don't expect it.) I expect Cook, Austin and Jenkins to be great and to date they haven't been.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I think Bailey showed some Potential! He has the foot speed, as shown in this Play ..

rams-return.jpg

The Fake return Play! And he has GREAT Hands!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can anyone name the last QB to go from bottom 8 in passer rating, to top 10 the next season? Because if Foles doesn't do that the writer will be correct in my book.

He also adds Jeremy Maclan as well who Nick Foles was throwing to.Your saying this guy is right ??
I saw Nick Foles play & one game I thought he was not that accurate.The thing is he makes the right reads & is good ninths pocket.His size will help him find Tavon Austin.
The reason this guy gave was because of The Rams WR.This guys are going to be good(Afros) at making plays.
I actually think playing for Chip will give a QB more passing yards in a season,but also leaves the QB exposed to get hit.Foles is real tough & less tired from running so many plays.That has to have an effect on throws.