Sio Moore traded to the Colts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8508/sio-moore
Colts acquired LB Sio Moore from the Raiders in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2016.
We're going to go out on a limb and guess this deal works out better than Colts GM Ryan Grigson's Jerry Hughes and Trent Richardson trades. For whatever reason, Moore was immediately disliked by the new Jack Del Rio coaching staff in Oakland despite piling up 7.5 sacks, 140 tackles, and two forced fumbles in his first two NFL seasons. The 66th overall pick in the 2013 draft, Moore turned 25 years old in May. He can play inside and outside linebacker and should become a contributor as the season moves along. The Colts also acquire Moore's contract, which puts him under Indy's control for near-minimum base salaries the next two seasons. The Colts should win this one pretty handily.

I gotta say, I wish the Rams made the move. We don't have a huge need at LB but this kid is a quality player. Del Rio made an error.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Are they switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or something?

Are we missing something? I know they moved Khalil Mack to DE from OLB and it looks like they're in a 4-3, iirc.

Could it be a scheme thing?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8508/sio-moore

I gotta say, I wish the Rams made the move. We don't have a huge need at LB but this kid is a quality player. Del Rio made an error.
I fucking loved this player, in college, and in the Pros, wow, they got rid of him cheap, was what I was thinking, and Sio seemed pretty hurt by the news, if I understand his tweet about leaving.

I did a draft breakdown of this kid. I wanted him. I didn't think scheme would matter with him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are they switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or something?

Are we missing something? I know they moved Khalil Mack to DE from OLB and it looks like they're in a 4-3, iirc.

Could it be a scheme thing?

I think it's the opposite. I think they ran a 4-3 last year, right? I think they're running a 3-4 this year. Could be wrong.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Weather schemes had anything to do with it at all doesn't matter it was a mistake trading him. So unless the guy was an absolute cancer in the locker room the Raiders blew this one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think it's the opposite. I think they ran a 4-3 last year, right? I think they're running a 3-4 this year. Could be wrong.
I think Oakland still runs the 4-3 primarily, but indy runs the 3-4. That's what think I had at least.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From talking to some Raider fans this guy was in Del Rio's dog house for injury issues, it seems the coach didn't buy the injury problems, and he never got out of the dog house. You have to really have a coach hate you to lose a job to Ray Ray.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Oakland still runs the 4-3 primarily, but indy runs the 3-4. That's what think I had at least.

You know what, I think you're right...I just remembered they hired Norton Jr. I think they're running a 4-3 Under so Mack is the LEO.

That's what threw me off. I remembered Mack was playing that 3-4 OLB role for them this year while he played the Von Miller role for them last year.