Single Biggest Factor Holding this Team Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thorn in Our Side 2014

• Just not enough talent to beat our rivals

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Inexperience

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Staying Healthy isnt our forte'

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Lack of depth

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Coaching

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Penalties/We kill ourselves

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other (State what)

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I picked "coaching". I was referring to our OC (and WR coach) though, not our HC or DC.

lockdnram21

Legend
So then whats the excuse when Bradford is his qb? Givens hasn't scored since Week 12 in the 2012 season, or in his last 12 with Bradford...and is on a current 22 game scoreless streak

Hell Kenny Britt found the redzone more recently than him.

The beginning of the season we didn't have a running game at all and that affected our passing game.you see Quick and Tavon. Both started getting open and making plays after running game took off

lockdnram21

Legend
you really believe quick only had 1 missed hot read/sight adjustment? o_O

Yea and some of those sight adjustments were poor thrown balls. Especially. The pass thrown into double coverage that was intercepted. J don't blame him for that that was Bedford fault. Even analysts. Said it was Bedford fault

iced

Yea and some of those sight adjustments were poor thrown balls. Especially. The pass thrown into double coverage that was intercepted. J don't blame him for that that was Bedford fault. Even analysts. Said it was Bedford fault

yet there were several times were quick doesn't look, gets hit in the back/helmet, runs the wrong route, etc.

I'm sure Its part of the reason why he's the #4 receiver in snap counts

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
wait... so Shotty, the oline, or WRs can be blamed but if someone says its Sam they are ban worthy? Am I mis reading that?

Yeah, you're reading it wrong. Bradford was a hot topic until he got hurt. Even then he was picked to death. It's basically a topic that we've already explored and a general consensus was formed on here. That's why you don't see many. I intended to say nothing concerning bans. I don't know of anyone who has been banned on here.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Givens is what he is - a role player, a one trick Pony. He should not be a starter. Quick is not there yet and there's no telling if he'll ever put it together because he shows occasional flashes, but is so inconsistent. Pettis is what he is, a JAG. Bailey? 2 or 3 games is not enough for me, especially since he was filling in for Tavon's role.
On this point I have to agree with you. Givens is a role player and should not be a starter, and I'm very hopeful that Tavon can replace him in that role, as a flanker, and outside threat with a legitimate route tree, where we can capitalize on mismatches throughout the field.

I do not want to see TA getting destroyed, playing Amendola's role, making catches across the middle in traffic. We have that possession receiver in Bailey and Pettis.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Givens may surprise you. He played hurt most of last season and the injury took away his best weapon--his quickness. He could have sat out like Austin, but you don't do that unless you absolutely have to when your team has just traded up in the first round to get another small, fast receiver.

Anyone who says Givens has separation problems or a one-trick pony needs to re-watch the 2012 season. He filled in admirably for Danny Amendola as well as catching 50-yd'ers on a regular basis. IMHO, with the right offense and a good #1 receiver (like Britt), I think he's the perfect compliment to Austin.

If people say Clemens at QB and Schottenheimer hurt Tavon Austin's performance, they should consider the same for Givens. A lot of Austin's and Givens' problems can be corrected by a healthy Bradford, a good line, a productive #1 receiver, a little more creativity in the play selection and some more game experience.

Last edited: