Single Biggest Factor Holding this Team Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thorn in Our Side 2014

• Just not enough talent to beat our rivals

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Inexperience

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Staying Healthy isnt our forte'

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Lack of depth

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Coaching

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Penalties/We kill ourselves

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other (State what)

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Of course I'm talking in terms of a championship. For example, inexperience was brutal last year, but injuries to Sam and others were a much bigger problem. What's your biggest concern going into next season?

For me, I don't think injuries will hurt us as bad as last year because we are a much deeper team than last year.

My answer is inexperience. We're young and gotta learn how to win in the wicked NFCW. Givens,all our WR's, crapping the bed against SF really stands out. With that said, our easiest part of the schedule comes in the first four weeks. We should start the year 4-0, of which will be a big boost to our confidence.

iced

Legit Weapons at receiver...

i think we're covered everywhere else now

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Legit Weapons at receiver...

i think we're covered everywhere else now

That falls under my first option, bro. Just saying...

You're saying our pass catchers aren't good enough, that's talent.

An example of "other" is "Our ST's are bad. It's hard to score when you're always start from the 20."

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The Native American Burial Ground under the Ed wiping out whole units at a time with injuries.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we can stay healthy, I think this team has all the pieces to be a serious contender

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
All the choices are good starting with health and experience but a diverse and effective offense that can both pass and run would be high on the list for me.
In the NFL teams can stop one or the other but balance is the key to success. We need a short and deep passing game to keep D's honest.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All the choices are good starting with health and experience but a diverse and effective offense that can both pass and run would be high on the list for me.
In the NFL teams can stop one or the other but balance is the key to success. We need a short and deep passing game to keep D's honest.

Great answer, bro. Kudos to you.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
You forgot the "our QB sucks" option.
And that would get a lot of votes.
Not from me, but some people blame him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it's partially all of the above except not having the talent to overcome our rivals. I know we can beat them because we did it the year before last season with less than we have now.
Inexperience is a substantial factor that will take patience and injuries have plagued almost every NFL team but QB injuries have the most significant impact on a squad so that definitely hurt us.
As for coaching, we took care of the Walton nightmare and replaced him with Williams that is 10 leagues ahead of him. Schotty could stand to be ungraded but it could be worse. I would file penalties under coaching as well since it is a direct indicator of discipline but it's practically part of this teams culture to run a dirty defense and special teams and I'm not scared to admit it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You forgot the "our QB sucks" option.
And that would get a lot of votes.
Not from me, but some people blame him.

Not on ROD

That still falls under talent, IMO

I beleive we have enough talent in all three phases of the game, period.

Our WR's and QB will be more effective with the upgrades to the OL and running game. We're fine, here.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think it's partially all of the above except not having the talent to overcome our rivals. I know we can beat them because we did it the year before last season with less than we have now.
I feel that it had a lot to do with a lack of talent, with inexperience not too far behind.

Jeff Fisher's no Jesus, he came on to one of the worst football teams in the league, a team that barely has any of it's draft picks from the last 6 years, when you're drafting unsuccessfully for such a long time it wears on your team. There was a huge disparity in talent and it shows when we have guys who shouldn't be anything but benchwarmers like King and Dahl as our only answer for position it's painfully obvious that talent is not there. It has nothing to do with this current team, Fisher's put in a good effort and has done a lot in just 2 years, but the damage is still evident.

This team has and probably still does have a long way to go, and it's gonna be ugly with guys being inexperienced, not knowing their way around the NFL and such, but it will get better.

iced

That falls under my first option, bro. Just saying...

You're saying our pass catchers aren't good enough, that's talent.

An example of "other" is "Our ST's are bad. It's hard to score when you're always start from the 20."

Felt like that was too broad

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Not on ROD

That still falls under talent, IMO

I beleive we have enough talent in all three phases of the game, period.

Our WR's and QB will be more effective with the upgrades to the OL and running game. We're fine, here.

There are several posters here that would put the blame on #8, just because they haven't got banned yet, doesn't mean they aren't here too . . . .