Since we're playing old school running football and can't pass . . .

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
how about:

1. RB Ezekiel Elliot, Ohio State
2A. OG Vadal Alexander, LSU
2B. OC Nick Martin, Notre Dame
3. QB Dak Prescott, Mississippi State
4. OG Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas
6. FB Dan Vitale, Northwestern

Wishbone time.

Running QB who can pass. Check
Two half backs. Check
Full back who can block, run a bit, and catch. Check

Run, baby, run.

And yes, I am still irritated. And a bit bored at work.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I actually would be okay with that, if none of the top two QBs were available. Russell Wilson makes a living scrambling. Memphis or someone said take Kaepernick and let him run. If you cannot pass then you might as well have a running QB. Foles and Keenum both looked bad and neither was affective running.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem with this is that Dak Prescott isn't a great runner or athlete. I'm not a fan of the guy. He's just too ordinary. I'd rather have Cardale Jones if we want a mobile QB. I think he's a better athlete than Prescott. I'd rather have Wentz over both...but he won't be much of a runner at the NFL level.

I actually would be okay with that, if none of the top two QBs were available. Russell Wilson makes a living scrambling. Memphis or someone said take Kaepernick and let him run. If you cannot pass then you might as well have a running QB. Foles and Keenum both looked bad and neither was affective running.

Frankly, I am on board with that. Go run heavy with a lot of read option and misdirection. And draft a QB to develop in the mean time.

But I still am hoping Fisher is gone so we don't have to deal with that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Problem with this is that Dak Prescott isn't a great runner or athlete. I'm not a fan of the guy. He's just too ordinary. I'd rather have Cardale Jones if we want a mobile QB. I think he's a better athlete than Prescott. I'd rather have Wentz over both...but he won't be much of a runner at the NFL level.

Frankly, I am on board with that. Go run heavy with a lot of read option and misdirection. And draft a QB to develop in the mean time.

But I still am hoping Fisher is gone so we don't have to deal with that.

I've seen very little of Prescott. I was guessing that he must be athletic with the McNair comparisons. What I did see was that he was not a very good passer. He has some real nice throws and some real bad ones. Not consistent enough.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen very little of Prescott. I was guessing that he must be athletic with the McNair comparisons. What I did see was that he was not a very good passer. He has some real nice throws and some real bad ones. Not consistent enough.

Nah. He's a nothing special athlete at QB. Big and strong guy but nowhere near McNair in terms of movement skills and speed. Probably more similar to Jay Cutler in terms of mobility.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, if we run a wishbone, from this year's draft class, Braxton Miller would be an option. Speed and athleticism, good runner, and decent passer. With Gurley, Miller, and Elliott running the ball, could work.