Since we're getting all of our wishes...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm gonna put it out there... I'd LOVE for Navarro Bowman to come to us on a 2 year contract. (Or, maybe Zach Brown seeing as McVay most certainly knows him)

Bowman or Brown next to Barron would be amazing and allow our Rams to focus on getting a DL with the first pick.

Heck, with Bowman or Brown in the fold, we could decide if it's worth it to trade up if Vea makes it to 17.

If Vea makes it to 17, I want to jump the Seahawks and get him and look at edge rusher later (I don't want to lose Brockers' numbers because he's moved back inside...)

I think there's still a chance we go for Josh Jackson from Iowa to learn from Aqib Talib and then go for Edge later or maybe FA.

Anyway... since we seem to getting most of what we want, I wanted to put that out there.

I think especially Bowman would be a danged BEAST playing next to Barron behind our DL...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I read where Redskins Zac Brown said he will demand top five LB contract to sign:cautious:. IMO he is setting his bar very very high.

On Bowman I have a positive opinion of him now & he show'd last season he could run the calls for the defense something we now need. However he has a lot of wear & tear on him & has slowed :homercrawl:down considerably. His quickness is just about all gone. I believe he, like Brown will demand big $$$ contracts & not be in the Demoff's/Snead's price range.

I do think that Wade's lesser known ILB'er UFA Todd Davis will be affordable & appears to be a much better plug in @ this time. I know he is not of the Brown caliber but $$$ will get short here & into the foreseeable future with Donald, Gurley & Goff contracts. UFA Todd Davis was the Broncos defensive play caller. Then there's also Denvers other Wade ILB'er UFA Cory Nelson. Both should be in the Rams price range. I also expect the Rams to lean towards several LB'ers Draft prospects to save cap $$$.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read where Redskins Zac Brown said he will demand top five LB contract to sign:cautious:. IMO he is setting his bar very very high.

On Bowman I have a positive opinion of him now & he show'd last season he could run the calls for the defense something we now need. However he has a lot of wear & tear on him & has slowed :homercrawl:down considerably. His quickness is just about all gone. I believe he, like Brown will demand big $$$ contracts & not be in the Demoff's/Snead's price range.

I do think that Wade's lesser known ILB'er UFA Todd Davis will be affordable & appears to be a much better plug in @ this time. I know he is not of the Brown caliber but $$$ will get short here & into the foreseeable future with Donald, Gurley & Goff contracts. UFA Todd Davis was the Broncos defensive play caller. Then there's also Denvers other Wade ILB'er UFA Cory Nelson. Both should be in the Rams price range. I also expect the Rams to lean towards several LB'ers Draft prospects to save cap $$$.

I like Todd Davis better than Zach Brown.

And he's young, so he could be part of our long-term success.

My point was that even as Bowman is slowing down, if he's next to Barron, who's still fast as lightning, he's not gonna miss a lot of tackles and he's still gonna be in on plays and a beast against the run.

We KNOW from playing against him both how much of a beast he is (especially if he's kept clean) and how tough he is.

Bowman is one of the few guys I was happy if he was out against us. Dude always could wreck a team, almost single-handedly.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather grab Todd Davis, but dunno if we can afford him.

If we get a FA ILB, then we can maybe trade down in the first and still have a shot at both Landry and Brown (don't wanna argue, but I think in a year or two, he could replace Whitworth and the other LTs will be gone by 23)

Point is that with our opponents, location and current FA philosophy, we really seem to be in win now mode.

If Bowman can be had on the cheap, it'd be hard to be upset about that.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Oh, why not?

Cut Tavon
Extend Donald and Joyner
Re-sign Sammy, NRC, and Sullivan
Sign Run stuffing MLB (Bowman please)
Sign a DT to take over the middle, or one that allows Brockers to man the middle again
Sign one quality backup OLineman

Use the plethora of LB's already on team to take one edge
Use first pick on LB for the other edge
Draft a a good receiving change of pace RB
Then draft for depth for OLine, DLine, and LB's
Reek

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's my wishlist:

Cut Tavon and Barron.
Extend Donald.
Extend Joyner.
Re-sign NRC.
Re-sign Sullivan.
Sign Allen Robinson.
Draft LVE, Nnadi, Griffin, Turay, Mata'afa, Fatukasi, Cappa, Demby, and Parris.
Win multiple Super Bowls.
Profit.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd love to see Bowman brought in. Another guy I haven't seen mentioned in Avery Williamson. Young, run stopping beast, and even has shown some flashes of pass rushing.

On top of that, my wishlist would be:
Resign - NRC, Sully
Sign - ARob, Bowman/Williamson
Draft -
Vea (dream)/Payne/Nnadi for our NT
Ragnow for C, depth for rest of OLine
Ballage/Penny/Kelly for backup RB
Landry in 1st for OLB

Lots of depth at LB in this draft and I'm sure we will double dip on OLB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We know we're going to draft young LB's who will get PT immediately. I'd like a proven veteran in there like Bowman. I'm still not sold that Barron is a part of the defensive makeover.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know about Bowman.....I'd rather grab a rookie....

Agreed. Enough short term answers have been brought in of late. Hoping they bring in a couple young LBs with fresh legs and high intensity, some guys who can shed and make plays.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I want Deacon Jones...Sure, he's had a few years away from the game, but dude is rested, tanned, and ready!

C'mon Snead, don't let the grave get in your way!