Simple Question...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The expectations next year will be higher than the expectations we had going into this year.

A common post was people predicting 9-7 this year.

So what should we expect the for 2014? 9-7 again?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Lets give him 7-8 more actual legit NFL players and then we can make a better judgement. Some of these guys will have played thier last down in the NFL when the Rams replace them.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The expectations next year will be higher than the expectations we had going into this year.

Well it'll be getting a "4th place schedule". And that 4th place team from the NFC North and South. So Minnesota and Atlanta? Atlanta is gonna be a lot better next season after they get their injured players back. Minnesota? They are pretty competitive.

NFC East is on the schedule. Dallas, Philly, New York Giants all have talent. I hope we can beat the shit out of Washington tho.

Plus the AFC West. If Denver win the SB does Peyton Manning retire? KC is gonna be a tough out no matter what. San Diego is a toss up, and Oakland is Oakland.

Looks like another tough schedule next year. It does seem unfair that SF and the shitchickens get to play their 1st and 2nd place schedules against Minnesota, Green Bay, New York Giants, Washington when they are having bad years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think on offense they have done ok with the adjustments they have made and dealing with injuries. The Oline has been a revolving door with guys getting plugged into different positions nearly every week.

If Bradford had played the entire year with his projected stats 32 TDs and 9 ints would anyone be disappointed with that? How much farther along would the WRs be playing a full year with Sam? Who thought we would lose every game with KC at QB there were a ton of guys on here that thought we could not compete with him playing QB. So I'm ok with what has happened there with the exceptions of the drops it was happening with Bradford and continued with KC.

Defensively I have been disappointed all year from the suspension of Dunbar on it has been terrible. I never liked the acquisition of Finnegan and he looked over matched from the beginning of the year. On top of that it looks like his attitude has infected Jenkins who is not playing nearly as good as last year. Even Quinn has disappeared the last two games and they have not been able to compete. Worst part is neither the run D or the passing D seems to be able to shutdown an opponenet. After last year I expected them to be a top 5 defense the only conclusion I can make is that there have been too many changes with Walton to continue the play they had last year. New safeties, new LB, different CB. And no continuity in the secondary make it look obvious to me they new to use at least 1 if not both 1st round picks in the defensive backfield.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is enough talent on this defense to be a lot better than what they are showing. Look at the Saints D? Night and Day difference in one year with basically the same players.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think on offense they have done ok with the adjustments they have made and dealing with injuries. The Oline has been a revolving door with guys getting plugged into different positions nearly every week.

If Bradford had played the entire year with his projected stats 32 TDs and 9 ints would anyone be disappointed with that? How much farther along would the WRs be playing a full year with Sam? Who thought we would lose every game with KC at QB there were a ton of guys on here that thought we could not compete with him playing QB. So I'm ok with what has happened there with the exceptions of the drops it was happening with Bradford and continued with KC.

Defensively I have been disappointed all year from the suspension of Dunbar on it has been terrible. I never liked the acquisition of Finnegan and he looked over matched from the beginning of the year. On top of that it looks like his attitude has infected Jenkins who is not playing nearly as good as last year. Even Quinn has disappeared the last two games and they have not been able to compete. Worst part is neither the run D or the passing D seems to be able to shutdown an opponenet. After last year I expected them to be a top 5 defense the only conclusion I can make is that there have been too many changes with Walton to continue the play they had last year. New safeties, new LB, different CB. And no continuity in the secondary make it look obvious to me they new to use at least 1 if not both 1st round picks in the defensive backfield.

Quinn has been producing miracles considering the opponents have WRs open on every play. You need some kind of coverage to pass rush.

I think the run D has been pretty good for a while now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Quinn has been producing miracles considering the opponents have WRs open on every play. You need some kind of coverage to pass rush.

I think the run D has been pretty good for a while now.
I don't think the coverage was any better in the first 11 games than it has been the last two. In the 9er game he was going against a back up for 3/4 of the game and did not get it done. I am a huge fan and love his development some of the problems these last two games. The ball coming out really quick and the lack of adjustments. They need to change it up some more zone blitzes, twists with the tackles move him to the other side occasionally something besides him running the edge every play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher was not alone in thinking that all the new talent youth that he & Snead had brought in would improve..I sure am guilty of overestimating the expected maturing of most of them. While I have big issues with some of the new contacts amounts I generally think Fisher has made more better decisions than not. If the 50 mil wasted on Cortland Finnegan had not occurred I may be singing a different story... That one really is way out of line....:mad:

If I want to feel better about Fisher & Snead @ the moment amongst all this loosing ....all I have to do is go back & review the 2011 season ending 53 player roster that was awaiting them when they arrived.
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/st-louis-rams/roster/2011

Review that along with the cap salaries and it sure settles me down a lot & I Stowe away my pitchfork & torch for another year. Who in their right mind would come here with a roster awaiting them like that....he must have some large stones!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Couple things .... personnel .... I think they have drafted too many "projects" and in Free Agency .... they spend too much on guys past their prime. Then ... scheme.... I'm not sure they scheme to fit what they have.... rather try to fit what they have into their schemes.

I really have no idea what the real problem is ... but I DO hate seeing other teams get more out of their players than the Rams seem to do. And our lack of depth at key positions is troubling as well.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In the conclusion of the offseason I had drank enough Kool-Aide to satisfy a blue whale... (HAHA)

I thought the wide open passing attack would blow open the running lanes and the heavens would open up just to smile upon witnessing the glory that would be Rams football. Yeah, I was one of those guys... maybe the guy to that Seahawks board I got banned from causing a crap storm the size of an F5 tornado over there... whatever. It's what I do (at least to Seacock fans).

But there was something dramatic missing in our offense. A RUN GAME! Even the GSOT had a stellar running game with the Great 28. Richardson was NOT the solution. Teams just sat back and took away the deep options leaving check downs. We got embarrassed! This continued up until the Jacksonville game. Then Stacy took over and beat Jacksonville and destroyed Houston, who was considered a very good team up until that point. The power O was thriving until we played the stout run defense of CAR. It was a rough game with very bad breaks for us but it was just one game... until we lost Bradford. THAT'S when the season ended. We went on to lose the next to Seattle and Tenn which I firmly belive we win with Sam. We ran over weak run defenses but it didn't matter because the stout run defenses were too much without a Sam. Our team found itself at one point but it was a limited version. Now we just need to salvage what honor we have try to salvage some honor.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If I want to feel better about Fisher & Snead @ the moment amongst all this loosing ....all I have to do is go back & review the 2011 season ending 53 player roster that was awaiting them when they arrived.
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/st-louis-rams/roster/2011

Review that along with the cap salaries and it sure settles me down a lot & I Stowe away my pitchfork & torch for another year. Who in their right mind would come here with a roster awaiting them like that....he must have some large stones!
Very good point.

I really have no idea what the real problem is ... but I DO hate seeing other teams get more out of their players than the Rams seem to do. And our lack of depth at key positions is troubling as well.
I also find this infuriating.

Bottom line, if next year is more of the same I think I'll implode.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Simple answer to a simple question.
It's gonna take more then 2 years for any coach to fix the crap that's been going on with this team

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Not me. After preseason I re-evaluated.
I thought 7-9 This year. Next year, depending upon what happens in the off season, I say 8-8.

fearsomefour

Legend
There is enough talent on this defense to be a lot better than what they are showing. Look at the Saints D? Night and Day difference in one year with basically the same players.
Or heck, look at the Rams D last year. That is the most distressing part of this season for me. The Rams have been healthy for the most part on D and are much worse this year than last. There is talent all over this D; Long, Brockers, Quinn, Hayes, Sims, JL, Dunbar, Ogletree….these are all guys that have the ability to make plays. The jury is out on the CBs, but, we saw last year JJ and Johnson have ability as well. I am excited about the potential McDonald brings to the S spot. It really comes down to what approach they are goig to take with scheme and putting guys in positions to succeed, then, the guys executing and tackling and not giving up big plays due to bing out of position. The D should be a strength on this team. The D is good enough (based on talent) to get them to the playoffs, the O, who knows?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
There's no question in my mind that our D has regressed.
I really think a lot of that is with Walton. Bottom line though is Fisher picked him.
Now it looks like Fisher needs to do something about him.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I don't know what to expect for next year. Bradford got hurt as we found the run game. One thing that we've learned from this year is that our team can create explosive, game-changing plays from anywhere on the field -- something that we've lacked for years -- but are not consistent in doing so. It seems to me that if one person makes an explosive play early, the whole team feeds off that, but if the opponent makes plays early, we lack the confidence to comeback. Fisher has to end this inconsistency and inspire confidence in all situations.