Simms Walking A Thin Line.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simms was ejected for spitting in a Buc player's face. Does anyone think he didn't know if an official saw him do that he wouldn't get ejected? Hayes was already out due to injury, Simms knew that, yet Simms still spit in a players face knowing full well that if an official caught him he would be ejected. He still did it, and made the Rams DL thin, out 2 players. Hayes ended up coming back into the game when he shouldn't have. Fisher commented on it. How when Simms showed up in the locker room after getting thrown out of the game, Hayes knew they were short handed and went back out and played hurt.

Anyone get where my dislike for Simms is coming from?

Spitting on someone/in someones face to me is the worst thing you can do to someone ....its vile

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Spitting on someone/in someones face to me is the worst thing you can do to someone ....its vile
Yeah. The Bucs player spat in his face first, and Sims retaliated. It's not like Sims decided to start some shit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's slow
Naw...Sims can run....really can move for his size...which is why I'm so pissed at his below average play...think he's coasting...

Is mentioning the truth on the performance/record on Sims for the 2015/2016 seasons considered Hate?
hey boni....you gotta watch a lil MTV/Kardasian/E!/TMZ....that's just a word these kids use today...I know, I know...remember when we'd say far out?

Just another term for showing displeasure...It can range from anger to even jealousy...(I aint hating on his new car)...oh wait....
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hating
hating
When one puts down the success or fortune of others due to jealousy.

See hater, hatorade
She is "hating" on me because I won the lottery and she didn't.
hating
jealousy and anger rolled up in one
Tom was hating on Tim because Tim was given a promotion that Tom thought he deserved.

Yeah. The Bucs player spat in his face first, and Sims retaliated.
C'mon....listen...even as a kid...if some guy spat on me...I'm not spitting back...I'm trying to kick his ass...As an adult, I'd hate (oh shit, that word again) if my kid was engaged in a spit war...geez, grow the fuck up...I'd cut Sims on this alone...

Athos

Legend
C'mon....listen...even as a kid...if some guy spat on me...I'm not spitting back...I'm trying to kick his ass...As an adult, I'd hate (oh crap, that word again) if my kid was engaged in a spit war...geez, grow the freak up...I'd cut Sims on this alone...

Spitting is only allowed when you got a freaky gal in the sheets who's the right kind of "dirty."

Ram65

Legend
I though Eugene Sims was OK as un up and coming backup 4-5 years ago. He is now in his 7th year and hasn't progressed while getting more playing time. I don't see much penetration on pass rushes and he gets beat outside too. He makes a play here and there but, it time to upgrade. Is 30 years old.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13457/eugene-sims
Eugene Sims

• BornMar 18, 1986 (Age: 30)
  • Drafted2010: 6th Rnd, 189th by STL
  • Experience7th season
  • CollegeWest Texas A&M

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Spitting is only allowed when you got a freaky gal in the sheets who's the right kind of "dirty."
I wonder if we could start a thread about this? I mean, for guys that haven't seen this type of action????
:sneaky::cool::mrburns::censored::party::sup::shades::popcorn:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Simms was ejected for spitting in a Buc player's face. Does anyone think he didn't know if an official saw him do that he wouldn't get ejected? Hayes was already out due to injury, Simms knew that, yet Simms still spit in a players face knowing full well that if an official caught him he would be ejected. He still did it, and made the Rams DL thin, out 2 players. Hayes ended up coming back into the game when he shouldn't have. Fisher commented on it. How when Simms showed up in the locker room after getting thrown out of the game, Hayes knew they were short handed and went back out and played hurt.

Anyone get where my dislike for Simms is coming from?

I think you have to look at the whole body of work. He's been a good rotational player and now he'll have to work his way out of Fisher's doghouse. If he does that he'l be fine. Yes, he did screw up and made our depth thin. But lets see what he does to correct that.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think you have to look at the whole body of work. He's been a good rotational player and now he'll have to work his way out of Fisher's doghouse. If he does that he'l be fine. Yes, he did screw up and made our depth thin. But lets see what he does to correct that.
He's in Fisher's dog house? If he doesn't play at Arizona I will believe you.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Can't be taking those kinds of penalties. He's old enough and experienced enough to know better.

And I would say he should be cut, if it wouldn't leave the Rams shorthanded at DE.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
well he did cause a huge fumble but that penalty in the last minute coulda made things interesting

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Eugene Sims had his best game of the four yesterday but as true to form he had his mental breakdown at a real bad time. He did get a half a sack & 2 tackles so that's saying much for this veteran 30 yr old DE. We also saw ES playing inside for the first time since the 2014 season. ES also show'd up when the Rams went to a 3-2-6 defense & played NT a few times too. I thought ES did his most damage playing inside.The Cards game is a perfect example of how to use Sims. ES needs to play inside & outside & both left & right sides.......

LDE Ethan Westbrooks was somewhat solid most of the game. This was officially EW's first start in the NFL. he had one tackle. Matt Longacre who was active for the first time in 2016 was the Rams 4th DE. ML had the same amount of Tacks (2) that Sims did. But between the 3 reserve DE's of Sims, Westbrooks & Longacre no doubt that Matt outplayed the others & was involved in many more pressures. ML needs more work IMO.

Well well Aaron Donald finally got his sack....he only had five tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 STF & 1 forced fumble not a bad day in comparison to Rob Quinn who started but was man handled by the Cards OLT Jared Veldheer. Quinn was for the most part invisible & had issues in containment of the outside runs by RB David Johnson who ran very well on Quinn with an average of 5 yds an attempt. Quinn was shut out in stats.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Eugene Sims had his best game of the four yesterday but as true to form he had his mental breakdown at a real bad time. He did get a half a sack & 2 tackles so that's saying much for this veteran 30 yr old DE. We also saw ES playing inside for the first time since the 2014 season. ES also show'd up when the Rams went to a 3-2-6 defense & played NT a few times too. I thought ES did his most damage playing inside.The Cards game is a perfect example of how to use Sims. ES needs to play inside & outside & both left & right sides.......

LDE Ethan Westbrooks was somewhat solid most of the game. This was officially EW's first start in the NFL. he had one tackle. Matt Longacre who was active for the first time in 2016 was the Rams 4th DE. ML had the same amount of Tacks (2) that Sims did. But between the 3 reserve DE's of Sims, Westbrooks & Longacre no doubt that Matt outplayed the others & was involved in many more pressures. ML needs more work IMO.

Well well Aaron Donald finally got his sack....he only had five tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 STF & 1 forced fumble not a bad day in comparison to Rob Quinn who started but was man handled by the Cards OLT Jared Veldheer. Quinn was for the most part invisible & had issues in containment of the outside runs by RB David Johnson who ran very well on Quinn with an average of 5 yds an attempt. Quinn was shut out in stats.
Even when Quinn doesn't get a sack the pressure he creates from the outside is huge. Add that to the pressure Donald brings from the interior and the opposing QB has to get the ball out quick. I thought Palmer played a great game considering he was under pressure all game long. As soon as Quinn was out the pass rush was not the same. Don't really get the negatively I see against Quinn on this board lately.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Even when Quinn doesn't get a sack the pressure he creates from the outside is huge. Add that to the pressure Donald brings from the interior and the opposing QB has to get the ball out quick. I thought Palmer played a great game considering he was under pressure all game long. As soon as Quinn was out the pass rush was not the same. Don't really get the negatively I see against Quinn on this board lately.
When you post factual information is that putting negativity on the player? Quinn does produce pressure from his post but he was also manhandled in the run game which is also an important element of his duties. Do we just ignore the other parts of his duties.

Now onto what happens to the pressure when Quinn departs? Who is the DE who replaces Quinn that causes the pass rush to not be as effective? That would be RDE Eugene Sims. Sims does hold up at times better than Quinn against some outside runs. I was sure I heard something close to your comment above on trashing Sims after posts by members here who were very upset with Eugene Sims & said so & were critical of Sims actions last week when he was ejected early along with the Hayes injury making the Rams DL very short of personnel.

Now, is that throwing out negativity against both our RDE's here in this forum? Might these comments be factual comments & very close to the full truth? Not much to get here on my comments on Rob Quinn who just happens to be our highest paid player who is a starter & finished a major divisional game where he had Zero tackles Zero assist, Zero sacks.

Yes Quinn produces pressure & hurries & a few hits but it was not a good overall game for him in spite what PPF says when you acknowledge that Quinn had an aged very immobile stationary QB in the pocket all game long...... Yes the Rams did take Carson out in the 4th quarter. Rob Quinn is seriously vital to this defense. When Quinn has an off game it will cause big issues for Gregg Williams defense. Back before the season opened in July I had Rob Quinn's return to full health as my #1 concern for this defense, that should tell you just how I view Rob's importance as a Ram player.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
When you post factual information is that putting negativity on the player? Quinn does produce pressure from his post but he was also manhandled in the run game which is also an important element of his duties. Do we just ignore the other parts of his duties.

Now onto what happens to the pressure when Quinn departs? Who is the DE who replaces Quinn that causes the pass rush to not be as effective? That would be RDE Eugene Sims. Sims does hold up at times better than Quinn against some outside runs. I was sure I heard something close to your comment above on trashing Sims after posts by members here who were very upset with Eugene Sims & said so & were critical of Sims actions last week when he was ejected early along with the Hayes injury making the Rams DL very short of personnel.

Now, is that throwing out negativity against both our RDE's here in this forum? Might these comments be factual comments & very close to the full truth? Not much to get here on my comments on Rob Quinn who just happens to be our highest paid player who is a starter & finished a major divisional game where he had Zero tackles Zero assist, Zero sacks.

Yes Quinn produces pressure & hurries & a few hits but it was not a good overall game for him in spite what PPF says when you acknowledge that Quinn had an aged very immobile stationary QB in the pocket all game long...... Yes the Rams did take Carson out in the 4th quarter. Rob Quinn is seriously vital to this defense. When Quinn has an off game it will cause big issues for Gregg Williams defense. Back before the season opened in July I had Rob Quinn's return to full health as my #1 concern for this defense, that should tell you just how I view Rob's importance as a Ram player.
Manhandled on run plays? Let's just say we agree to disagree on that BonifayRam. I'm not sure what you expect out of Quinn? He job is probably the hardest on the Dline since he has to play against what is usually the best oline player on the opposing team. Then he gets freaking choke hold on every single pass rush. If the refs would call holds like the one they called on Grob, Quinn would be unstoppable. Quinn won us that game in Tampa and he deserves every penny he makes.I think your right about Longacre he should get more playing time.