Simms on the QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can't believe I agree with Phil Simms... wow...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I felt all along we should have stood pat and taken Paxton and then got a really good reciever or tight end in the second (or both) and let him get up to speed behind Keenum for a season....

But what do I know.

This is one of those ill bookmark and come back to in a few years. I'll see if I was right - and I'll at least have some consolation for us sucking still in 2020, or wrong and I'll be very happy as Jared Goff wins several Super Bowls for us.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not a fan either, (and usually disagree with him).:boxing:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I felt all along we should have stood pat and taken Paxton and then got a really good reciever or tight end in the second (or both) and let him get up to speed behind Keenum for a season....

I am sure the Rams would have been willing to stay at 15 and take Lynch IF they knew for 100% certain he'd be there. But like we've discussed around here forever it is not a certainty and personally I think it's unlikely.

So IMO they knew they couldn't afford to F around and come out of this draft without a QB so they said "why not just move up for the guy we like the most?"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Never thought much of Simms in his talent evaluations, quite frankly don't understand why he's even asked.

TexasRam

Legend
Raise your hand if you have correctly picked which QBs drafted over the last 10 years have been busts and which ones have become franchise QB's.

Yea me either.

In fact not one GM, coach, scout or armchair fan can predict such a thing.

This is what makes the NFL draft intriguing and great debate among other things.

No one knows.

In fact if Paxton Lynch turned out to be the next elite QB and Goff and Wentz turned out to be complete Busts I wouldn't be surprised.

As a Ram fan I just really hope it don't happen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Raise your hand if you have correctly picked which QBs drafted over the last 10 years have been busts and which ones have become franchise QB's.

Yea me either.

In fact not one GM, coach, scout or armchair fan can predict such a thing.

This is what makes the NFL draft intriguing and great debate among other things.

No one knows.

In fact if Paxton Lynch turned out to be the next elite QB and Goff and Wentz turned out to be complete Busts I wouldn't be surprised.

As a Ram fan I just really hope it don't happen.
Well, there were a whole lot of teams that passed on A. Rodgers.
Every team passed on D. Brees

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It sounds to me like Simms is giving that order only because he thinks that the NFL is heading to mobile scrambling QB's. I happen to disagree with him but if that's his sole criteria so be it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why doesn't Simms just come out and say Wentz is Simms 2.0? 1-AA school, strong arm, good mobility
Too bad for Simms the other guy drafted in the 3rd round from Notre Dame was much better

jap

Legend
I wonder why no one ever asks Mad Mike what he thinks about the two top QB hopefuls. He is far, far more knowledgeable than all of those so-called draft gurus on the QB talent question,

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
what if we picked Lynch..
OB3ChA04Romja7unGu3s_Bird%20Escapes%20Death.gif

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

But what do I know.

This is one of those ill bookmark and come back to in a few years. I'll see if I was right - and I'll at least have some consolation for us sucking still in 2020, or wrong and I'll be very happy as Jared Goff wins several Super Bowls for us.

This is what bugs me about the draft trade, if we ONLY needed a QB then I'd be ok with it. BUT we could have picked up elite potential TE and WRs with our first 3 picks of this years draft. I would have liked to see them work Mannion up to be the starting QB, because I think he has the same talent potential and ceiling as any QB in this years draft. I would have then picked up someone like Brandon Daughty or Mike Bercovici later on in the draft as future starters - but what do I know! I really want to be proven wrong, but I just don't think I will be. After all, the last big trade for a QB didn't really work out too well did it???