Simmons: Practice Report 11/30: Benefiting from Break, Robinson Expected Back at LT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Boudreau is part of the problem (he is not the elite coach we believed him to be). But these are grown men and professionals who get paid to do a job and he ain't doin it. The endless penalties and mental errors are him.
It's probably both the player and the coach to some degree.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Question Mark:hellno:? wow Elmgrovegnome you must have just returned from a Zen Party :peace:or something your awful nice today:D IMO GRob has moved way beyond question mark.

When a NFL Organization Management team :admin:has invested a priceless highly valued team asset, 2nd overall draft selection & all they come away with after 3 seasons is a inconsistent OL'er at best, who is a offense drive killing machine, who will earn a near 7 million of the 2017 salary cap, has very little NFL caliber learning & comprehension ability & is the weak link in a very weak five player OL & finally who mental state is fragile that it requires a "safe zone" off week due to outside distractions .......I would have to call it what it is :censored: & its not a question mark:palm:.

A question mark in that they really don't have a good answer for that position. GRob was playing better early on and has regressed. However, this draft is very weak at OLT and the Rams don't have a first round pick. So, I call it a question mark because they don't have any answers for it. Expect GRob to be wheeled out there again next season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A question mark in that they really don't have a good answer for that position. GRob was playing better early on and has regressed. However, this draft is very weak at OLT and the Rams don't have a first round pick. So, I call it a question mark because they don't have any answers for it. Expect GRob to be wheeled out there again next season.

You know if GRob goes right back to struggling they need to sit him and stick Donnal in there, even for a series or start alternating them. I know he's not a long-term answer, but he did a solid job vs the Saints and I'd like to see more of him if it's the same old BS with our #2 overall LT.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I watched a couple of the biggest plays of last week...over...and over...the Goff fumble...and the Goff pick...I could have sworn the pressure came right over/through Havenstein. One of our top rated linemen. PFF...Really???

Pad level & drive...I teach that to young linemen...get those hips low, crouch, and explode out under control. Nice and low...we don't do that consistently. Until I see some push from several of the linemen...I'll say these problems are directly related to coaching...and scouting if these guys CAN'T get low and move.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're not wrong 46. Havenstien has been playing like crap. I saw that the same way you did, Hav never even touched the guy he was so slow getting out of his stance. He's the guy I would bench. Start Saffold at RT, he started every game in preseason there and the OL played well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You know if GRob goes right back to struggling they need to sit him and stick Donnal in there, even for a series or start alternating them. I know he's not a long-term answer, but he did a solid job vs the Saints and I'd like to see more of him if it's the same old BS with our #2 overall LT.

Appears like both of the OLT's who played & starting in the Saints game are injured (Saffold/Donnal). Greg Robinson who similar to Joe Barksdale who was a true iron man for remaining in the line up un injured but not much of a pass protector is physically healthy. When you current OL has a badly injured starting center Tim Barnes, a never fully recovered foot/toe injury on our starting right OT Rob Havenstein & a starting OLG who is still recovering from wrist & hand surgery Jamon Brown guess you might want a healthy OL in the lineup even a drive killing machine like Robinson.

I happen to be in the minority here who think that Andrew Donnal has a very solid first time event playing OLT. He was every bit as good as Saffold in pass protection & better than Robinson period. The difference in AD play & in Saffold play is run blocking from the OLT...Saffold faired better. I would imagine that Donnal will dress & be our third OT in a hour or less. Since Saffold is inactive today Boudreau will go into this game with only two OL reserves risky risky!

Next season Boudreau will have a large cadre of young OLT's to look through.....Pace Murphy, Darrell Williams, Isaiah Battle & Andrew Donnal plus the Drive Killer himself.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You're not wrong 46. Havenstien has been playing like crap. I saw that the same way you did, Hav never even touched the guy he was so slow getting out of his stance. He's the guy I would bench. Start Saffold at RT, he started every game in preseason there and the OL played well.

I am of the belief that when this miserable 2016 season ends we will see our starting ORT Rob Havenstein undergo foot/toe surgery. IMO he has never been heathy, plays in major pain & should have been placed on the IR when the season began. I not going to trash him but his 2016 performance has been a nightmare for him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Next season Boudreau will have a large cadre of young OLT's to look through.....Pace Murphy, Darrell Williams, Isaiah Battle & Andrew Donnal plus the Drive Killer himself.

Hopefully Boudreau is enjoying retirement next season.