Simmons: John Fassel Glad to be Sticking With Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I disagree. I still strongly believe the defense has been unfairly and unintelligently criticized.

True, they have been good and were put in bad situations, however, the special teams was far more consistent Rarely giving up a long kick off or punt return too something that we as fans have grown accustomed to under John Fassel.

Let's not forget the special teams from yesteryear, Mike Martz changed special team coaches as often as his socks and although the units got somewhat better not to this extreme. Frank Ganz under Dick Vermeil's units might have been a tad better because of Tony Horne, but as Ram fans the run that Fassel has had reminds me of the units under Chuck Knox & John Robinson with the likes of Bill Stein, Norwood Van and Mark Jerue to post a few.