Silverdome Urinals For Sale

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Silverdome urinals for sale, but don’t ask Barry Sanders to sign one
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2014

51641852.jpg
AP

What do you get for the Lions fan who has everything? If he’s already got the Lions’ terrible 2013 calendar or a shirt commemorating their undefeated 2008 preseason, you could buy him a Silverdome urinal.

Yes, the owners of the Pontiac Silverdome, the once state-of-the-art stadium that has been largely vacant since the Lions moved to Ford Field in 2002, are selling off its parts to collectors. Those parts include everything from stadium seats (because who wouldn’t want to sit in an uncomfortable stadium seat while watching a Lions game from the comfort of home?) to the scoreboard (because we all have room in our houses for stadium scoreboards) to the urinals (because . . . well, I’m not sure why).

Now, the bad news: That Lions fan who has everything would surely want that urinal to be signed by the greatest player ever to play at the Silverdome, Barry Sanders. But Sanders has already made clear that if you see a Barry Sanders autographed urinal for sale on eBay, it’s a fake.

Sanders wrote on Twitter, “FYI – I am not signing urinals.”

There surely are fans crazy enough to buy a Barry Sanders-autographed Silverdome urinal. Heck, I’m one of those fans. I grew up in the Detroit area and saw my first NFL game at the Silverdome (and I even saw Hulk Hogan body slam Andre the Giant there at WrestleMania III). I’d be willing to pay good money for a Barry Sanders-autographed Silverdome urinal.

But it won’t happen. If I decide to splurge on a Silverdome urinal, it won’t have a Barry Sanders signature. Maybe I could get Billy Sims to autograph it.

Pontiac Silverdome auction: Anyone want a stadium seat? Or a urinal?
By Chuck Schilken
March 21, 2014

The Pontiac Silverdome is up for auction.

Well, not the actual building that housed the Detroit Lions from 1975-2001. But all the little bits and pieces inside that may be near and dear to the hearts of hard-core fans.

You know, things like seats and signs. Even the scoreboard ... and urinals.

Yep, if you're a die-hard Lions fan and there's a particular stand-up toilet that holds special meaning to you (and you don't mind the fact that thousands of other fans also used it during 27 NFL seasons), get ready to make a bid.

Triple Investment Group, which owns the stadium, says the sales will be held through RJM Auctioneers from May 12-16, although seats are available for presale now.

They run from $100 for a single stadium seat to $465 for a row of four adjoining seats, including an end seat.

The Silverdome has been used only sporadically since the Lions moved to Ford Field in 2002.

The owners still haven't revealed plans for the building itself, but can't imagine there will be much use for it once the seats and toilets are gone.