Silver on potential Bradford trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
@Wolfecola, nice call, good fit for him. Wonder if Houston would do a trade.

For one, Bradford isn't doing what many other people before him have done in similar situations. I will say, I think his resume and laid back personality aren't doing him favors in the media. I don't think Silver makes fun of him like that if he were a Favre type.

I also wonder if there's bad blood between him and Fisher over not taking a pay cut when he was here prior to trade and Silver's just a bit of a mouth piece for it.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
@Wolfecola, nice call, good fit for him. Wonder if Houston would do a trade.

For one, Bradford isn't doing what many other people before him have done in similar situations. I will say, I think his resume and laid back personality aren't doing him favors in the media. I don't think Silver makes fun of him like that if he were a Favre type.

I also wonder if there's bad blood between him and Fisher over not taking a pay cut when he was here prior to trade and Silver's just a bit of a mouth piece for it.

My bad, it was a joke haha. Houston just paid all that money to Osweiler. Bradford going there would be Philadelphia pt 2 hahaha :D

Honestly I don't know where Bradford can go. The Jets just drafted Hackenberg. The Broncos signed Sanchez and drafted Lynch. The Browns signed RG3. I don't think there are any teams with a Case Keenum-type situation, or one where Bradford will feel coddled-- without a FA-aquired or drafted QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah. If it was michael irvin instead of quick it would have been a td. But quick couldn't time his jump properly and it bounced off his hands.

But Sam was bad the whole game. On national TV. He must have been so frustrated with his play.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Whatever. He's always come off as a crybaby. I believe he threatened to hold out after he was drafted until he got the 50 million guaranteed correct? And then he wouldn't take a pay cut for us. And now he's bitching and moaning instead of seeing the Philly situation as an opportunity to showcase his skill for the next team.

That's the first I've heard of Bradford threatening to hold out after we drafted him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Turfshowtimes did an article about it after he skipped the first day of training camp.

You seem to have forgotten that alot of rookies in those days did the same thing. You do remember, don't you?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He was flipping through the playbook saying, "there are no plays in here with routes more than 5 yards?".

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You seem to have forgotten that alot of rookies in those days did the same thing. You do remember, don't you?

Nope. 2010 was the year i started watching off seasons and I remember that there was some people saying that he may not make camp due to issues with his contract. It was my first draft paying attention to and it was my first report that I'd ever read in Bradford. That's why I remember it. Now if other picks did it to okay but I remember there being some rumblings about it

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huge difference between the Eagles planning to draft somebody to develop, and the Eagles trading up in two steps to #2. When they moved to #2 it went from Sam expecting to be the starter all season to showcase his skills and to show potentially that he could have two straight seasons without major injury, to Sam expecting to be benched whenever Wentz was ready, unless Sam was fantastic AND the Eagles somehow being in contention despite having traded a couple of starters from last year, and their high picks.

Maybe he should have handled it differently - but the situation was significantly different than when he signed.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First I've heard of him skipping the first day of training camp too.
adford, who probably has about a 50% chance of ever becoming a Pro Bowler, becomes the first NFL player to break the $50 million guaranteed barrier.

The Rams’ goal was to get Bradford signed by tonight when veterans reported to camp, and they’ve reached it. To get the deal done, they hit the upper range of what observers expected Bradford to see in guaranteed money.

He missed the first day which was the rookie portion

Ram65

Legend
I think he needs a new agent. Condom has gotten him lots of money but he needs an agent who can give him better guidance.

Should have waited before signing. But now that he has signed this whole thing makes him look like he is a primadonna who is afraid to compete.

There is no competition. Wentz will be the starter at the very least next year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no competition. Wentz will be the starter at the very least next year.

Not talking about next year.

If I'm Sam's agent I'd slap him upside his head and stop that line of thought, get him in camp motivated to kick Wentz's @$$ in competition THIS YEAR and have a good season as the starter. Sam's brand is taking a beating. Condon should be ashamed of himself.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

If I'm Sam's agent I'd slap him upside his head and stop that line of thought, get him in camp motivated to kick Wentz's @$$ in competition THIS YEAR and have a good season as the starter. Sam's brand is taking a beating. Condon should be ashamed of himself.

There is no competition this year. He has already been named the starter. He just doesn't want to be benched mid season for a rookie just because they took him high. Kurt Fucking Warner got benched for Eli when the Giants were 5-4 and still in the playoff hunt. It's not about the money, Bradford has played on shitty teams his entire career, he would rather win now than make a few extra million, I'm certain.

Ram65

Legend

It's going to be Sam's job this year. They (The Eagles) don't want to play Wentz this year thus no competition.

Sam doesn't want to be the transition QB with no future in The Eagles organization. The Eagles will have to play Wentz because of the investment and being the future etc...Sam doesn't want to learn another offense this year with Petersen as the new coach and then go and learn another offense next year (for another team). We don't know what the Eagles promised him but, I imagine it was a chance to become the Eagles QB of the future with a good year this year. The Eagles have taken that away. It very well could be that Sam will have to play for the Eagles as a trade doesn't look like it will happen. I expect him to play for the Eagles,

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no competition this year. He has already been named the starter. He just doesn't want to be benched mid season for a rookie just because they took him high. Kurt freaking Warner got benched for Eli when the Giants were 5-4 and still in the playoff hunt. It's not about the money, Bradford has played on crappy teams his entire career, he would rather win now than make a few extra million, I'm certain.

Oh good grief. It's ok we will agree to disagree.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
adford, who probably has about a 50% chance of ever becoming a Pro Bowler, becomes the first NFL player to break the $50 million guaranteed barrier.

The Rams’ goal was to get Bradford signed by tonight when veterans reported to camp, and they’ve reached it. To get the deal done, they hit the upper range of what observers expected Bradford to see in guaranteed money.

He missed the first day which was the rookie portion

Ya.....no.
I'm pretty sure that league rules prevent Rookies from attending that portion of camp unless they are under contract.
So he missed the first day, that is accurate, but only by league rules, as his contract was not signed/complete. Not a hold out.