Silver: Alexander Considered A Great Pick in Scouting Circles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
How did Jeff Fisher “pull a fast one” on his former team in the Draft? Mike Silver tells The Turn as he gives his view from being inside the Rams War Room. He also talks about how the Michael Sam pick went down, how much Fisher believes in Sam Bradford. The Rams were interested in AJ McCarron and considered trading back into the 5th round. Fisher has a great working relationship with Snead and Demoff. The Rams loved Joyner and he was their #1 target at #44. Silver reveals how in scouting circles, Alexander in the 4th round was considered a great pick. Rams scouts were getting multiple texts from other scouts exclaiming their distress at having missed out on him and lauding the Rams for taking him.

Listen To Silver Talk Rams War Room

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I expected them to pick McCarron after listening to one of AJs interviews.

I hope all of those scouts are right about Mo. I love hard hitting safeties. Toby Wright was fun to watch.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a little let down by the Alexander pick but I think that was only because I had never heard of him and we had so much star power early on. Really hope this kid pans out...would do wonders having an enforcer like him in the secondary

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's very raw. I didn't like the pick at first....but he's kind of like a McGee pick. Give him some time to develop, because in a few years when he learns technique and learns the position in general, he's dangerous. On obvious run downs, he's going to wreck.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like that he plays full speed. No fear in that one. You can accomplish a hell of a lot more that way than by constantly second guessing yourself.

He's a perfect fit for our team and I hope he gets PT early and often.

nighttrain

Legend
How did Jeff Fisher “pull a fast one” on his former team in the Draft? Mike Silver tells The Turn as he gives his view from being inside the Rams War Room. He also talks about how the Michael Sam pick went down, how much Fisher believes in Sam Bradford. The Rams were interested in AJ McCarron and considered trading back into the 5th round. Fisher has a great working relationship with Snead and Demoff. The Rams loved Joyner and he was their #1 target at #44. Silver reveals how in scouting circles, Alexander in the 4th round was considered a great pick. Rams scouts were getting multiple texts from other scouts exclaiming their distress at having missed out on him and lauding the Rams for taking him.

Listen To Silver Talk Rams War Room
really good listen! sounds like other teams envy our draft
train

rdw

Pro Bowler
Count me among those very excited about the Williams hire. If anyone can utilize a kid like this it's him.

If you're feeling a little nervous just think back to how bad things were when we had Larry Marmie calling the shots!! :sick:

wrstdude

Rookie
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have gotten that 5th round pick we used on Rokevious Watkins. :mad:
103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GSTI.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Count me among those very excited about the Williams hire. If anyone can utilize a kid like this it's him.

If you're feeling a little nervous just think back to how bad things were when we had Larry Marmie calling the shots!! :sick:

Marmie....... Just reading the name angers me hahaha

nighttrain

Legend

YIKES :eek: way to bring back bad memories
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like that he plays full speed. No fear in that one. You can accomplish a hell of a lot more that way than by constantly second guessing yourself.

He's a perfect fit for our team and I hope he gets PT early and often.
Excellent avi.

V3

Hall of Fame
Hindsight is 20-20

For some. Others were pissed when Pead was selected. I wanted Lavonte David even before the trade down. They STILL could have taken him with the trade down.

It's not hindsight when you hated the pick to begin with and had an alternative that turned out better.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frank Cusumano talks to Rams 4th round pick, Mo Alexander. Mo talks about his draft day experience, about being from St.Louis, and the fact that he worked at the Edward Jones Dome in 2012 while he was suspended from Utah State.

Listen to Mo Alexander Interview

rdw

Pro Bowler
For some. Others were pissed when Pead was selected. I wanted Lavonte David even before the trade down. They STILL could have taken him with the trade down.

It's not hindsight when you hated the pick to begin with and had an alternative that turned out better.
Not a single NFL team hits on all their picks.

V3

Hall of Fame
The problem I have with the Alexander pick is that we have no idea if he can cover. That's a fairly big risk for a fourth round pick. Also, he's another SS. What the hell does Fisher have against the FS position?

V3

Hall of Fame
Not a single NFL team hits on all their picks.

I understand this but it seemed pretty obvious to a lot of people at the time that Pead was a reach and David(or Kendricks/Wagner without the trade down for a lousy 5th rounder) was the better pick. I could say the same about Quick, as well. Another pick that many people thought was a major reach at the time. It's fine if you want to reach for a player but you'd better be right about it. If not, be prepared for the criticism.