Signing a QB off anther teams PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
This 25 year old had great stats MAC, both passing and rushing
train

From Indianapolis PS
CHANDLER HARNISH
QB #5
Height:
6-2
Weight:
College:
Northern Illinois
Hometown:
Bluffton, IN
Experience:

CAREER TRANSACTIONS:

Signed by the Colts to a reserve/future contract on January 7, 2013.
Signed to the Colts practice squad on October 18, 2012.
Waived by the Colts on October 16, 2012.
Selected by the Colts in the seventh round (253rd Overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.

2012 (COLTS):

Originally selected by the Colts in the seventh round (253rd Overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Was inactive for the first five games before being signed to the practice squad on October 18, 2012.

COLLEGE:

Started 45-of-47 games in four seasons with Northern Illinois, throwing for 8,944 yards on 687-of-1,110 passing with 26 interceptions and 68 touchdown passes. Also added 538 carries for 2,983 yards and 24 touchdowns.
Earned the Vern Smith Leadership Award as MAC MVP from league coaches and was also named the MAC Offensive Player of the Year in 2011. Added Sports Illustrated All-America honorable mention accolades and was a semifinalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award.
Named a two-time First Team All-MAC selection in 2010 and 2011 and garnered Academic All-MAC honors on three occasions.
Was the first quarterback to lead NIU to four straight bowl games. Finished with a 2-2 bowl record with victories in the Humanitarian Bowl (2010) and GoDadddy.com Bowl (2011).
Compiled 11,927 yards of total offense to rank third all-time in Mid-American Conference annals.

PERSONAL:

Attended Norwell High School in Ossian, Ind.
Finished his high school career with 4,760 passing yards and 48 touchdowns and rushing for 2,343 yards and 35 touchdowns on 354 carries. Also played safety and amassed 129 tackles, seven fumble recoveries, five interceptions and 13 passes defensed.
Holds Norwell records for career passing touchdowns (48), passing yards (4,760), completions (300) and attempts (565). Also holds the record for all-purpose yards (7,103).
Named an all-state honoree as a senior after earning honorable mention accolades his junior year.
Earned the Northeast Hoosier Conference Player of the Year award in 2005 and was selected to the first-team all-conference and all-area squads as a junior and senior.
Honored as the Ft. Wayne News Sentinel Athlete of the Year as a senior and participated in the Indiana North/South All-Star game.
Received four varsity letters in football and basketball.
Placed sixth in the discus at the Indiana State Championships as a junior and was a conference, sectional and regional discus champion.
Majored in business management at Northern Illinois and is pursuing a master’s degree in business.
A native of Bluffton, Ind.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Harnish gets my vote. I liked him in college and would have liked if the Rams had drafted him to develop.

I just wonder if any rookie can pick up Schotts system quickly. That is the trouble with being too complex.

Plus the Rams should be very familiar with him, since hey said they saw a lot of Cunningham. They apparently looked at Northern Illinois more than once.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
we definitely need to sign someone, and i'd rather it be a someone with potential and a used up vet. no QB on our PS
train

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Elmgrovegnome said:
Harnish gets my vote. I liked him in college and would have liked if the Rams had drafted him to develop.

I just wonder if any rookie can pick up Schotts system quickly. That is the trouble with being too complex.

Plus the Rams should be very familiar with him, since hey said they saw a lot of Cunningham. They apparently looked at Northern Illinois more than once.

As long as it's not Mark Sanchez, I think most people can learn it.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
read where more than one poster has advocated Davis. My thots are he could'nt make our PS, tells me all i want to know, sign CHANDLER HARNISH!
train