Sidney Poitier passed away

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What a monumental talent and class act.
Had a couple dozen killer movies, and broke a lot of new ground.

RIP Mr. Poitier - you will be missed by this old guy.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP. Definitely had screen presence and great actor. Very few if any could walk in his shoes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This REALLY blows. I realize he had a long and great life but man. Another HUGE icon lost.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sometimes, when movie-stars live a very long life, an entire generation is unaware of their film achievements.

In Poitier's case, almost two generation may just be vaguely aware of his accomplishments in movies.

In his early-50's, Sidney Poitier decided to take a break from movies, and did just two over a 14-year-period.

Then in his mid-60's to mid-70's Poitier became active again, with ten acting credits in the 1990s. Some good stuff but much of it was in supporting roles. The Jackal with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere was excellent; and Sneakers staring Robert Redford was very entertaining IMO.

Poitier, along with Steve McQueen, dominated the 1960s. Just my opinion.

Raisin in the Sun, Pressure Point, A Patch of Blue and to Sir With Love were diverse but all excellent movies.

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner was ground-breaking for its time, and most notable for being Spencer Tracy's final film. Tracy is my all-time-favorite actor. Certainly subjective but there are dozens of stories about award-winning-actors and actresses that would sneak onto sound-stages just to watch Tracy work.

In the Heat of the Night is my favorite Poitier film, where he starred-opposite the equally-brilliant Rod Steiger.

Of course, all the above are just one man's opinions.

However, if you ever get to see the low-budget-film, with a simple-story, that was shot in a mere 14 days titled Lilies of the Field ... and you are Not truly moved ... then feel comfortable that as long as you change your batteries, you will be around for a long time because you are Not human. And that's Not an Opinion!

Thank you Sidney Poitier.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hell of a life right there. RIP.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sometimes, when movie-stars live a very long life, an entire generation is unaware of their film achievements.

In Poitier's case, almost two generation may just be vaguely aware of his accomplishments in movies.

In his early-50's, Sidney Poitier decided to take a break from movies, and did just two over a 14-year-period.

Then in his mid-60's to mid-70's Poitier became active again, with ten acting credits in the 1990s. Some good stuff but much of it was in supporting roles. The Jackal with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere was excellent; and Sneakers staring Robert Redford was very entertaining IMO.

Poitier, along with Steve McQueen, dominated the 1960s. Just my opinion.

Raisin in the Sun, Pressure Point, A Patch of Blue and to Sir With Love were diverse but all excellent movies.

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner was ground-breaking for its time, and most notable for being Spencer Tracy's final film. Tracy is my all-time-favorite actor. Certainly subjective but there are dozens of stories about award-winning-actors and actresses that would sneak onto sound-stages just to watch Tracy work.

In the Heat of the Night is my favorite Poitier film, where he starred-opposite the equally-brilliant Rod Steiger.

Of course, all the above are just one man's opinions.

However, if you ever get to see the low-budget-film, with a simple-story, that was shot in a mere 14 days titled Lilies of the Field ... and you are Not truly moved ... then feel comfortable that as long as you change your batteries, you will be around for a long time because you are Not human. And that's Not an Opinion!

Thank you Sidney Poitier.
A - a - a men.