Sidney Jones and Fabian Moreau

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Would you guys be pissed if the Rams took Fabian Moreau and Sidney Jones as their second and third picks?

Maybe trade back and get an extra third and take both in round 3. Both are injured and probably wont play in 2017. Jones has a torn Achilles tendon and Moreau has a shoulder injury I believe. If they both heal up the secondary would be set for a long time though.

I don't like drafting injured players but it sounds like both are expected to heal from their injuries and would be first rounders in most drafts.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Moreau injured his Pectoral doing the bench press at his Pro day. He will be ready to go in a couple of months.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Both are set to play this coming season. But to answer your question, yes id be cool with it in the trade back scenario.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both are set to play this coming season. But to answer your question, yes id be cool with it in the trade back scenario.

I thought Jones was out for the year. Wasn't sure about Moreau but saw speculation that they could fall to end of round 2 or third. If both can play this year that is not likely, so the post is irrelevant

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes, I agree, in a trade back scenario were the Rams have acquired more picks!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Talking about Jones; Using personal experience as reference, it will be a minimum of 5-6 months before he can run and it will be approx 9 - 10 months before he will be able to jump and land on the same foot. This is how long I was down. And mine was not a traumatic injury ; I had the Achilles severed and reattached in order to shave a bone spur. Doctor said that people with a tear take longer to heal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sidney Jones would be a fine pick in the third round. Moreau in the second? Not so much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be incensed if the Rams did that. Both guys may miss all of 2017. Both will likely miss at least the first 4-8 games. This is the most talented CB class I've seen. Spending our first two picks on CBs who might not play in 2017 would be hard to swallow. I could deal with using a third on Jones, but I wouldn't even consider using a second on either one (unless Jones's injury is very different than the one reported). I wouldn't have spent our second on a healthy Moreau.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was thinking maybe 4ths.....but as soon as I saw Fabian go down I thought we should get him and Jones....but 4th or later....sign some FA's....and get through 2017...