SI Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rams_150.png

ST. LOUIS RAMS

LAST WEEK: 20
    RECORD: 5-7
    Apologies to the 7-5 and 6-6 teams below, but it's high time to give the Rams their due. Over the past seven weeks, they've chalked up wins over Seattle, San Francisco and Denver and added a 52-point victory Sunday. And they nearly took down San Diego in that stretch. If only the season started in mid-October ...
http://www.si.com/2014/12/03/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-green-bay-packers

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
All that matters is how you finish. We gotta finish strong!

A55VA6

Legend
#15? Damn, we're ahead of playoff contenders such as Bills, Browns, Ravens, Steelers (even though they're all AFC teams)

Imagine if we had a great QB.. This team could be Super Bowl caliber. And that is not an overreaction, it's reality. I think if we have our QB and we don't get off to a slow start, 2015 could be the year we make the playoffs and even win in the playoffs. I'm not afraid of anyone.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It's good to the Rams getting some much deserved respect. I don't understand the hate on the Cards though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It's good to the Rams getting some much deserved respect. I don't understand the hate on the Cards though.

Really? Before Palmer got hurt they were winning games that statistically made no sense at all. Now their QB is out for the year and they aren't stealing wins. I honestly don't think they win another game. Either Seattle wins the division or the lord answers my prayers and the division ends all tied up at 9-7.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hell hath frozen over. Rams respect.

The NFL power rankings seem to follow SI a week behind. They are at 20 there.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
#15? Damn, we're ahead of playoff contenders such as Bills, Browns, Ravens, Steelers (even though they're all AFC teams)

Imagine if we had a great QB.. This team could be Super Bowl caliber. And that is not an overreaction, it's reality. I think if we have our QB and we don't get off to a slow start, 2015 could be the year we make the playoffs and even win in the playoffs. I'm not afraid of anyone.

And just a fun bit of info.......that happens to be the AFC division we'll be playing next year.........(AFC North) So...let them get their indignation out now........... because next year....we prove it to them, first hand. (Yes..... I did just do the evil laugh as I typed it....and it was fun.......)

TexasRam

Legend

Imagine if we had a great QB...

Said 28 other teams... Coaches on the hot seat...... And GM's on thier way out.

That's the hard part isn't it.

But there is a second way to be a perennial playoff team and Super Bowl Champion.

Build a top 5 defense. And that's what we appear to have done... Or almost done.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Now that's fair! Power rankings shouldn't stink of a teams record, rather how good the team is.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I still don't understand what power rankings are meant to be :confused:.
I think it's basically supposed to be ranking teams in order of team strength (IE #12 is likely to beat #13). In the end, they all end up opinion, usually over-emphasizing W-L record.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know what you're saying but no....slow starts have hurt this team repeatedly since Fisher got here. I understand and recognize a new DC coming in the last two seasons, but i thought the entire team looked unprepared week 1 vs Minnesota this season. The Falcons game in week 2 last season...blown out 24-3 in the first half. Atlanta wasn't a good team.

1-4
Finished???

1-3
Finished 4-3

3-2(exception)
Finished 4-2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Really? Before Palmer got hurt they were winning games that statistically made no sense at all. Now their QB is out for the year and they aren't stealing wins. I honestly don't think they win another game. Either Seattle wins the division or the lord answers my prayers and the division ends all tied up at 9-7.
Yeah - that's what I was thinking as well. They may not win another game. They have three NFC West games and they have to go into KC this week. They just lost Honey Badger on top of just playing some horrific offense with no Palmer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At this point this year - true. And there is still a slight glimmer of hope for the season. But if you want to win championships, you can't start like we did and expect to finish with a real chance.

I will say though, we are better than a 5-7 team and several things happened to put us in this position - some out of our control and some self-inflicted. But we are a good team and have to begin the 2015 season like a good team.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
At this point this year - true. And there is still a slight glimmer of hope for the season. But if you want to win championships, you can't start like we did and expect to finish with a real chance.

I will say though, we are better than a 5-7 team and several things happened to put us in this position - some out of our control and some self-inflicted. But we are a good team and have to begin the 2015 season like a good team.

Regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs, 9-7 would be huge for us. The rest of this season is about finding who we are and demanding respect, especially within the division. I believe we can do it.