SI Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
    rams_150.png

ST. LOUIS RAMS

LAST WEEK: 22
    RECORD: 4-6
    On his first two catches Sunday, WR Kenny Britt piled up 96 yards and a touchdown. He finished last season with 96 yards and zero touchdowns. Britt's stunning 128-yard showing was overshadowed nonetheless by another shutdown outing from the Rams defense, this time against Peyton Manning. This is about as good as a 4-6 team gets.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/19/nfl-power-rankings-week-12-new-england-patriots

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Can't really argue with that ranking a win over SD and we move to the upper half of the ranking.And with that brutal 8 game stretch almost done this team is now battle tested vs some of the leagues best,and primed to make a run vs lesser competition.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Last weeks showing was so impressive one would think we can run the table from here on out. Please don't disappoint.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
My god think about just how good this team is going to be next year after we have Quick back and a settled QB position.

We might go to the superbowl, seriously

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
My god think about just how good this team is going to be next year after we have Quick back and a settled QB position.

We might go to the superbowl, seriously

+1.

I really want to believe that this defense is real, they just need to come back out and do it week after week. We're at 3 weeks in a row now of defensive play which is good enough by itself to take a team to the playoffs. That's my honest opinion.

That totally changes the expectation for the offense. Don't turn the ball over. Control the ball. The opposing D will wither before our D does. But if we had a QB that was able to convert the red zone opportunities - TDs rather than FGs - that would be something. I still think Bradford could be that guy if he was able to stay healthy.

That said, yeah... this team really feels like it is a QB away from contending.

Quick, CLong, JLong, Bradford...

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
+1.

I really want to believe that this defense is real, they just need to come back out and do it week after week. We're at 3 weeks in a row now of defensive play which is good enough by itself to take a team to the playoffs. That's my honest opinion.

That totally changes the expectation for the offense. Don't turn the ball over. Control the ball. The opposing D will wither before our D does. But if we had a QB that was able to convert the red zone opportunities - TDs rather than FGs - that would be something. I still think Bradford could be that guy if he was able to stay healthy.

That said, yeah... this team really feels like it is a QB away from contending.

Quick, CLong, JLong, Bradford...
Where does Jake Long fit, that's my question. I like what the Big Kid has done at LT and I'd love to have Barksdale back at RT. Long's making beaucoup bucks, and I'm sure if they want to keep Barksdale it will cost a pretty penny as well. Factor in the unknown with Bradford's contract and one of the two tackles might have to go. (I'd rather it be Jake)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Where does Jake Long fit, that's my question. I like what the Big Kid has done at LT and I'd love to have Barksdale back at RT. Long's making beaucoup bucks, and I'm sure if they want to keep Barksdale it will cost a pretty penny as well. Factor in the unknown with Bradford's contract and one of the two tackles might have to go. (I'd rather it be Jake)
I just think we're too injurious not to bring some veterans back even if we draft another guard/swing tackle for the right side ... or a center.

Who knows what they'll do with Jake Long, but you would absolutely think that his cost is prohibitive.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Even the damaged & diminished talents of Jake Long can fit in nicely with this team in 2015 as a swing OT reserve. Or if Barksdale departs early starter @ ORT until another Ram OL'er gets up to speed, or a possible OLG starter so Saffold could flip back over to the ORG post all needs facing this team in 2015. Like Zaphod said......

I just think we're too injurious not to bring some veterans back even if we draft another guard/swing tackle for the right side ... or a center.Who knows what they'll do with Jake Long, but you would absolutely think that his cost is prohibitive.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/jake-long/

Its his contract demands that do not fit. Rams took a cap hit of $9.25 mil for the services of Jake to finish just 7 games as a starter this season. Question for everyone is ...was Jake's on field OLT performance worth that? Jake is set to cost the Rams cap $10.5 mil. this upcoming season. :hellno:It will only cost 1.25 mil to release him.;) or see if Jake wants to continue to be a Ram with new duties along with a redo of his contract at the appropriate cost $$ equal to what his new pending services on our OL will be. Rams surely could use what is left of his skills plus he is a true professional player & a class act!(y)

I believe that Jake Long is a very smart person who loves to play the game. This team will be the perfect place that could expand his playing years in the NFL & could afford to play him in a position on our OL that would permit him to perform his best on the field even as a starter @ OLG or ORT (if UFA Barksdale departs) or as the swing reserve OT (to both Barksdale & Robinson).

Last edited:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
On the talk of people coming back, is it likely Jake Long will be able to come back?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Only way Jlong is back is at a serious pay cut.
He looked very average at best this year, and another ACL won't make him any better.

Honestly, if I was him I'd hang it up.