shurmur-good choice or not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rrbkt65

UDFA
Name
rick
being Shurmur worked with Bradford in his first year and Sam had good numbers, would he be a good choice if chud is gone?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I liked the guy, since I think he made gameplans that took into account that we just didn't have enough talent to be more aggressive.

But the dude was hated worse than Schotty by the fanbase.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Oh Gawd no. Shurmur is the kind of guy who won't adapt his scheme to his players, but tries to make the players adapt to his scheme (remember Donny Avery running 6 yard curl patterns?). And every complaint we had about Shurmur here was echoed verbatim when he moved on to coach Cleveland.

No. Just no. He makes Schotty look like Martz circuit 2001.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shurmur? Wonder what Larry Marmie is doing...his units were always good for putting points on the scoreboard. :LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you like the longest pass to be thrown to be about 5 yards, then he's perfect.
These are Bradford's splits.
Just for giggles, see if you can tell which one was Shurmur as the OC, and which one was Schotty (2010 vs 2012)

SAcja5P.png
qY1FRoR.png

Memphis Ram

Legend
Did the Eagles fire Shurmur? Or is he still the Eagles Offensive Coordinator in title?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for giggles, see if you can tell which one was Shurmur as the OC, and which one was Schotty (2010 vs 2012)

SAcja5P.png
qY1FRoR.png

Top is Schotty. Not hard to figure out. :LOL:
(80 yard TD against Tampa Bay by Kendricks happened in 2012)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, it's pretty easy to figure out, but the difference is almost negligible when it comes to throwing it past 11 yards.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it's pretty easy to figure out, but the difference is almost negligible when it comes to throwing it past 11 yards.

Eh, not exactly.
In 2010, Bradford was at 18.5% on 11-20 yards and 6.6% on 21+ yards in terms of attempts. In 2012, he was at 19.1% on 11-20 yards and 10.7% on 21+ yards in terms of attempts. While the intermediate range is reasonably close, he attempted a significantly higher percentage of deep passes.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

That and the longest pass completion of any type under Shurmur is 49 yards, which was one behind the line of scrimmage. Betting that was that screen pass to Jackson against Seattle that went for big yards in their first meeting of 2010, in the dome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Eh, not exactly.
In 2010, Bradford was at 18.5% on 11-20 yards and 6.6% on 21+ yards in terms of attempts. In 2012, he was at 19.1% on 11-20 yards and 10.7% on 21+ yards in terms of attempts. While the intermediate range is reasonably close, he attempted a significantly higher percentage of deep passes.
I really don't see a big discrepancy between the two, personally. And if we add in a little context, we can see why 2012 Bradford had a bit more luck with downfield throws and the ability to take those shots (personnel). Not saying Shurmur is a world-beater or anything, but I do know that when Bradford had a decent receiver in 2010 (Clayton, Alexander), his YPA and intermediate/deep shots increased accordingly (14.3 ypc on average).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't see a big discrepancy between the two, personally. And if we add in a little context, we can see why 2012 Bradford had a bit more luck with downfield throws and the ability to take those shots (personnel). Not saying Shurmur is a world-beater or anything, but I do know that when Bradford had a decent receiver in 2010 (Clayton, Alexander), his YPA and intermediate/deep shots increased accordingly (14.3 ypc on average).

It's a pretty big discrepancy. According to PFF, in 2012, Bradford was ranked 14th out of the 33 QBs that qualified in percentage of deep attempts. In 2010, Bradford ranked dead last at 37th.

While the context is understood, it's not like we had a bevy of deep ball WRs in 2012 either. We had Chris Givens...and...

In 2010, we had Clayton and Alexander for probably 8 healthy games.

So I wouldn't say there was a ton in terms of weapons in either year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Also.
Bradford's deep ball left much to be desire his first couple of seasons. He would often over throw his receivers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Also.
Bradford's deep ball left much to be desire his first couple of seasons. He would often over throw his receivers.
He(along with his receivers) looked like they'd had very little reps beyond 20 yards.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

SAcja5P.png
qY1FRoR.png

The 2nd one was Shurmur for sure, becase we never had a single pass that went for over 40 yards with that doof calling the plays.