Shurmur Brings "Excessive Standing" Rule to CLE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
From Business Insider:
Rob Stipe is a true Cleveland Browns fan. His family members are season ticket holders and he's been going to games for 25 years. But at the last Browns game, Stipe was kicked out, according to Newsnet5.com.

Why? He was standing too much.

Stipe goes to the games to cheer his team on and help lead them to victory. There is a fan code of conduct, but this is to keep fans respectful. This isn't the opera, it's a football game.

http://www.businessinsider.com/browns-fan-gets-kicked-out-for-standing-2011-9

If you click on the link there is a video of some local news coverage on the rule.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stupidest.

Thing.

Ever.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
Did I miss the Part about Shurmur doing this?

No. I doubt he was the one who implemented this rule.

The excessive standing nonsense has gotten a lot of flak around here, and from other Ram fans. This was the first I had heard of it happening anywhere else, and it just happened to be the year after Shurmur took the job there. So I made the connection. I doubt he even knows about the rule.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's strictly a venue rule. They probably tell you the same thing if you're going to a play or low-key concert. But football?

That is still...

The.

Stupidest.

Thing.

Ever.

Anonymous

I told Dr. Scholl's putting the gel inserts on the market would have consequences.

steferfootball

Starter
libertadrock said:
steferfootball said:
Did I miss the Part about Shurmur doing this?

No. I doubt he was the one who implemented this rule.

The excessive standing nonsense has gotten a lot of flak around here, and from other Ram fans. This was the first I had heard of it happening anywhere else, and it just happened to be the year after Shurmur took the job there. So I made the connection. I doubt he even knows about the rule.
Oh gotcha.

On the other hand, if a fan wants to sit while someone is standing in front of him/her.... I can understand the thought process.

That said, I don't like overly bureaucratic people on a power trip.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
While attending SB XIV (Rams v Steelers) the moron behind me complained that I was standing too much and tried to get me removed. I gave the guy an earfull like I'd never done before, nor have I done since. Can you imagine? Especially at a SB?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re:

interference said:
While attending SB XIV (Rams v Steelers) the moron behind me complained that I was standing too much and tried to get me removed. I gave the guy an earfull like I'd never done before, nor have I done since. Can you imagine? Especially at a SB?

That is absolutely ridiculous man. That guy has no business being at a football game, let alone a Ram SB. Id give my left you know what to be at a Ram SB. lol

I go to more OU games than anything else and your expected to stand the whole game if you are anywhere but the nose bleeds. I have however followed them on the road 6 or 7 times and there was only one place most everyone sat down and got angry at me for standing. Stillwater of course, OSU fans are stuck up.

I have never had the opportunity to see the Rams in the dome, only seen em on the road and we stood the whole game. Had to to see.

I think thats the way a football should be. Makes for a better environment. It bothers me that Ram fans are so unenthusiastic they ask for people to be removed for standing and cheering.

superfan24

Starter
Re: Re:

libertadrock said:
interference said:

That is absolutely ridiculous man. That guy has no business being at a football game, let alone a Ram SB. Id give my left you know what to be at a Ram SB. lol

I go to more OU games than anything else and your expected to stand the whole game if you are anywhere but the nose bleeds. I have however followed them on the road 6 or 7 times and there was only one place most everyone sat down and got angry at me for standing. Stillwater of course, OSU fans are stuck up.

I have never had the opportunity to see the Rams in the dome, only seen em on the road and we stood the whole game. Had to to see.

I think thats the way a football should be. Makes for a better environment. It bothers me that Ram fans are so unenthusiastic they ask for people to be removed for standing and cheering.

Wish it was that way at ND. There are some complainers there. Never really had a problem at the Dome.
Agreed it is a much better environment when everyone is standing/into the game.