Show your Rams Trivia knowledge!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which former Ram QB, backed-up Otto Graham and Van Broklin and became our GM!

• Bob Waterfield

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Billy Wade

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Don Klosterman

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's a good one for you! Let's see how many of you know the answer!!
Which former Ram QB backed-up Otto Graham and then Norm Van Brocklin, AND later became the Rams GM!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bumping, just because I'm looking for more action, or commentary, on this!!:D

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Don Klosterman (without googling).

From the 1973 media guide:

Don's professional career began as Cleveland's first-round draft choice. With Otto Graham the Browns' incumbant QB, Don was traded to the Dallas Texans, then to the Rams. In 1952 with the Rams, he played third fiddle behind a pair of QBs named Waterfield and Van Brocklin.

Don seemed like a very good GM from what I can remember and what I've read. The most recent story I read about him was from an e-book called The Super 70s. But it highlights one of the Rams' failed attempts to land a franchise QB. In one of the stories the Rams were wanting to sign Joe Namath after a few tryouts. Klosterman called Paul "Dr. Z" Zimmerman to inquire about Namath. Z was a Jets writer at the time and had some advice for Klosterman. "He can't play!" Klosterman replied "He looks good in practice." But that's just practice, Z answered. The next day the Rams signed him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don Klosterman (without googling).

From the 1973 media guide:

Don's professional career began as Cleveland's first-round draft choice. With Otto Graham the Browns' incumbant QB, Don was traded to the Dallas Texans, then to the Rams. In 1952 with the Rams, he played third fiddle behind a pair of QBs named Waterfield and Van Brocklin.

Don seemed like a very good GM from what I can remember and what I've read. The most recent story I read about him was from an e-book called The Super 70s. But it highlights one of the Rams' failed attempts to land a franchise QB. In one of the stories the Rams were wanting to sign Joe Namath after a few tryouts. Klosterman called Paul "Dr. Z" Zimmerman to inquire about Namath. Z was a Jets writer at the time and had some advice for Klosterman. "He can't play!" Klosterman replied "He looks good in practice." But that's just practice, Z answered. The next day the Rams signed him.
You nailed it, Classic Rams! Here's a photo of Don!

Don Klostermann1x.jpg

Who know how far he could have gone as a QB, But A tragic auto accident left him with one leg paralyzed! He was a pretty good GM though!(y)