Should we use Tavon on kickoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
jrry32 said:
RamsOfCastamere said:
Ppl keep saying he's going to get injured on KR. Honestly, I believe he's more likely to be injured by a hard hitting safety than on KR. Kick returners see all of their hits coming and rarely get hit head on. The smallest guys in the league are usually on KR- Brandon Banks, Holliday. Honestly, when was the last time you heard of a KR returner getting injured on a KR? A lot of returns are touchbacks, and they like to get out of bounds when near the sideline.

Danny got a concussion against the Lions back in 2010 on a KR. Yes, you can see them coming but you also have guys with a 60 yard running start.

A concussion in 2010, but how many injuries has Danny accumulated from the WR position? IMO, the increase in probability of getting injured due to kickoffs is marginal, and the benefits of returning outweigh the risk. The more touches he has, the more comfortable he'll become, the more likely he'll create game-changing plays.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think we should consider using anyone besides the slowest running back on the team.

MDRams55

UDFA
Name
Josh
I don't see how people keep saying we don't use him enough I can agree maybe more in the running game but he does have the most receptions on the team and probably targets, it doesn't help that he is leading the league in dropped passes. Maybe were not using him properly but to me all he is looking like is a solid punt returner, so maybe we should use him in kickoff returns get some value out of him

Ebonemalone

Rookie
fancents86 said:
HELL NO. I was screaming at my tv screen thurs night bc every single time he went for a KR he stood there for a good 5 seconds before even running. That crap might work in college, but not the nfl. Also using him on KR's a is good way to get him injured.
It worked for him on one return for a TD, even if there was that blind side BS call

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'd prefer the rams drew up some plays that allowed him to make some yac. so far every time he has touched the ball he is surrounded by 3 defenders.

MauiRam

Rookie
Absolutely we should! He may not be worth a damn, but he's got to be better than what we've got so far. As for injuries, he may as well have been injured given the mileage our coaching staff has gotten out of him so far. :bummed: