Should we sign Arian Foster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I've been thinking about this one lately. I think having Foster as a #2 back to take some pressure off Gurley would be great. Sure, Foster isn't what he used to be but he's still got great vision and would be much better than most backup running backs. He would likely stay healthier now that he wouldn't be the workhorse and he's versatile out of the backfield. Gurley, Foster, and Mason/Benny would be a very solid trio of backs. If they can get Arian for a reasonable price I'd go for it. Thoughts?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
These signings never seem to work out. Old legs. Look at SJ in Atlanta. Plus it disrupts our crew. A 2010 Arian Foster would be great. He turns 30 just before the season starts. I like Gurley, Tre and Benny, or Gurley, Benny and Malcolm, if Tre does not return. Even that Green kid, possibly.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He'd be the perfect #2 HB, only at the right price though. I dont think Tre can be trusted, Bennys legit but Foster would be a sick change of pace back. Also it would probably keep him healthy for a full season being #2 on the depth chart.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Sign me up if hes ok with it and comes on the cheap. I doubt Tre is on the team this year and I don't trust any of the other guys to carry the load if Gurley were to miss some time.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm still hoping that Mason gets past his legal issues and gets his head straight cus I still think he can play a big part.

However I do realise that none of that is guaranteed. If not Mason I'm happy with Benny as a number 2

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
These signings never seem to work out. Old legs. Look at SJ in Atlanta. Plus it disrupts our crew. A 2010 Arian Foster would be great. He turns 30 just before the season starts. I like Gurley, Tre and Benny, or Gurley, Benny and Malcolm, if Tre does not return. Even that Green kid, possibly.
At this point, I too would rather stick with what we have!(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm generally against signing injury prone vets unless they're very cheap and we aren't planning on them being big contributors.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

SJack was signed to be what TG is now, which wasn't smart at that point in his career. But he still had over 500 yards in 12 games and over 700 yards in 15 games.

Arian is younger and wouldn't be the primary carrier. Issue isn't age, it's whether he wants to be 2nd fiddle to TG.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I've been thinking about this one lately. I think having Foster as a #2 back to take some pressure off Gurley would be great. Sure, Foster isn't what he used to be but he's still got great vision and would be much better than most backup running backs. He would likely stay healthier now that he wouldn't be the workhorse and he's versatile out of the backfield. Gurley, Foster, and Mason/Benny would be a very solid trio of backs. If they can get Arian for a reasonable price I'd go for it. Thoughts?
He is both a great story and a dominant player. He’s also injury prone; groin surgery, back surgery, torn hamstring and a torn Achilles’ tendon. ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ة

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He is both a great story and a dominant player. He’s also injury prone; groin surgery, back surgery, torn hamstring and a torn Achilles’ tendon. ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ة

All reasons why we could get him cheaper. He shouldn't have as many injuries if he's the #2 guy. If he's ok with being Gurley's backup then I think it'd be a great 1-2 punch.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Nobody is going to sign him to be at the top of their depth chart. If they do, it's out of desperation. If he wants to get paid, he needs to accept the fact that he's no longer a starter.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, if he was willing to. If we want to run the ball like we did last year, or even more than that, we need a good RB to complement Gurley.

Mason wasn't the guy last year and his prospects aren't looking good. Foster would be perfect.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Arian is one of my face non-ram players, a vet that has proved himself, his presence would be A plus. Just like Welker, it would be good to get these proven vets on track with the Rams vet players can be assistant coaches with their experience

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
No. Why would he and why would we want to? The cost couldn't and wouldn't justify the output.....not to mention he'd gripe and groan if he wasn't played as much as he felt he should be...........
In the meanwhile, I think we have some exciting options behind Gurley and Cunningham.....let's kick those tires first, before we start looking at older model w/ a lot of miles on it........

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Foster, games missed by season:
2015-12
2014-3
2013-8
2012-0
2011-3
2010-0
2009-10

That's 23 of 48 games missed due to injury in the last three seasons. 50% NOT available
The dude needs to realize what he is at this point in his career. Just another uber-talented guy who can't stay healthy and will be relegated to role-player status going forward.

I'd love to bring him in at a discount and see if he can make it through training camp and preseason in one piece.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Texans rode him hard -- other than Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks, Foster had the most rushes in the League from 2010-14
Foster made Pro Bowl teams in 2010 and 2012 by hitting the creases in Houston's intricate zone-blocking attack that also featured complementary bootlegs.
He'll be 30 in August. A ruptured Achilles' tendon stuck him down nine months ago.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/may/11/dominik-chargers-melvin-gordon-arian-foster/