Should we pump the brakes..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could respond to Lindsey and inform her full steam ahead, but she would only cut me off and ask me if I was sure?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm extremely happy with yesterdays performance but yes we need to see more and we need to see consistency before we get really truly excited. For now it's great but it could get better :)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Only the "realists" will pump the brakes because that's their default mode. Us Kool-Aid drinkers will say "undefeated until further notice."

realists_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Nope! Never! Teams never respect the Rams until the Rams blow them out consistently. Even Colts fans were saying that they should have won because the Rams are bottom feeder teams that should not have been in the NFL with their middle school offense. So no, the Rams should have put a complete ass-whipping on the Colts and other teams. Even Chuck Pagano thought the Colts were playing against the 49'ers yesterday. What insult. I thought McVay was too nice to the Colts. Should have tried a Mannion to Josh Reynolds bomb just to see if it worked in the last two minutes.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno about brakes... I'm still basking in the glow of the best played game I've seen the Rams play in a very long time.

By Sunday, I'm sure I'll be wondering again... are they good?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno about brakes... I'm still basking in the glow of the best played game I've seen the Rams play in a very long time.

By Sunday, I'm sure I'll be wondering again... are they good?
The fact that you're posting on a Monday is a good sign

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm extremely happy with yesterdays performance but yes we need to see more and we need to see consistency before we get really truly excited. For now it's great but it could get better :)
What?!? Voice of reason?!?!?

Seriously agree wholeheartedly....
Give me 4 games...and I'll know a whole lot more....

6 more games....14 total starts for Goff...will tell the tale. If Goff's record...overall is 7 & 7....we're on our way...that's 6 more wins...in a row...yeah, I'm tough like that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If it's something like Super Bowl talk, the Rams being 14-2, etc., then yes, we should pump the brakes.

But the Rams being better than last year, especially on offense? No, no brake pumping necessary. Our offense underwent a major overhaul in the offseason - coaching staff, OL, WR, and TE. And yesterday, it showed.

This is a better team than last year's Rams, and a much more exciting one. I will not pump the brakes on that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What?!? Voice of reason?!?!?

Seriously agree wholeheartedly....
Give me 4 games...and I'll know a whole lot more....

6 more games....14 total starts for Goff...will tell the tale. If Goff's record...overall is 7 & 7....we're on our way...that's 6 more wins...in a row...yeah, I'm tough like that.
You know I got nothing but respect for you but wins assigned to a QB is the well how can I say this and not be offensive it's really the most ignorant thing in sports. We have a 46 man roster on game days but some how it's all about the QB for wins. He could play just like he did today and lose the next 4 games and it doesn't mean a damned thing about him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it's something like Super Bowl talk, the Rams being 14-2, etc., then yes, we should pump the brakes.

But the Rams being better than last year, especially on offense? No, no brake pumping necessary. Our offense underwent a major overhaul in the offseason - coaching staff, OL, WR, and TE. And yesterday, it showed.

This is a better team than last year's Rams, and a much more exciting one. I will not pump the brakes on that.
Yeah... I don't think they will alter the aggressiveness or schemes (i.e. go all conservative on us).

The only question is... can they continue to execute at the high level they did yesterday.

Ram65

Legend
That was a bad Colts team that got behind early. They didn't have the manpower to come back and things rolled the Rams way. Colts got no pressure on Goff. Rams didn't get a lot of pressure on the Colts QB. Donald coming back should help with that. Goff made some really nice throws and the new WR corp did great. It a good starting point and like Goff stated they can keep improving. Very good performance and a pretty bad team is still something to build on.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
agree2.gif
Very good start yesterday against a pedestrian ponies team. I'm not taking anything away from the win because we clearly set the tone early and the Colts could not recover. It was a great win under the new regime. I love the attitude and swagger we had yesterday. The players seem to have bought into McVay and the other coaches. I was really impressed with yesterday's performance, but know we can get better.

We will have another good test this week with the Redskins, plus McVay will have something to prove versus his old team. If the come out next Sunday like they did yesterday we should be okay.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm one of the realists .. I freaking loved last night it's the happiest the rams have made me in a long time
No doubt we have improved
I fully believe we win at least 8 games
We punched the Colts in the mouth last night as good teams should do to bad team (i remember the saints game )
But there's the rub Colts are bad

I wanna see this team beat the skins then the niners and then comes the real tests Seattle and boys those are the games were we become a real deal but u til then I said it in the game day thread ....i legit want mcvays babies