Should We Be Worried?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Should we be worried about out backup QB situation. Word out of camp hasn't been very good. I had high hopes for Austin Davis, but has he taken a step back, how is that possible? Is Clemens the answer?

Does Hekker become the # 2? :boing:

Discuss.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very few teams are okay if their primary signal caller goes down anyway. I have a feeling that Clemens is gonna go into the season as the #2, though. But since nothing is going to happen to Bradford (I've decreed as much), then we really have nothing to worry about.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
y2joey said:
Its days like these I miss Jamie Martin
Nice. At least we don't have a Chris Miller/Chris Chandler controversy brewing here.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Chrissy Miller and Crystal Chandelier were fine Rams QBs, come on now.....

That said, I would still rather have AD in there than Clemens. That kid throws well on the move and has quick feet. I saw him make too many nice plays last preseason to give up on him yet. I have NEVER seen KC make plays....ever, and with Sam in his second year in Schotts offense, I truly do not see the value in Clemens at all anymore.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
if clemens goes in as #2 we are in deep chit . davis has to step up even if he doesnt he is better than clemens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cory knows what's up. :cheers:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
As long as Kyle "Super" Boller is no longer the back-up....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aGlcUK_GkM[/youtube]

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Like already stated, it is usually not good if your starter goes down but look at our rivals, the Whiners and Seahags. Both backups at the beginning ended up taking them both to the playoffs. Do we have that guy? I don't know for sure but don't think so at the moment. Anybody think anyone worthy going to be available this season? I' thinking probably not.

Do you see us drafting said backup next year? Don't you know that would start a shit storm QB controversy if SB doesn't play lights out this year! Basically, this is something I don't even want to think about right now. This is one of the main things that could derail this team this season but of course we have thought that before haven't we and were wrong.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
DR RAM said:
Should we be worried about out backup QB situation. Word out of camp hasn't been very good. I had high hopes for Austin Davis, but has he taken a step back, how is that possible? Is Clemens the answer?

Does Hekker become the # 2? :boing:

Discuss.
Me too. I expected this to be his time to shine and improve. I wont be truly worried unless A.Davis stinks it up in the preseason.

With this "new look" offense we seem to be gearing up for,i think if we see Clemens unexpectedly forced into duty,the result will be a complete travashamockery and a surefire gameday LOSS in the standings regardless of the score and/or opponent. Before SJ left, the coaches could lean on the run game a little more and possibly overcome a big drop off in the passing game(if Bradford went down)...i just dont see that as a possibility with Jack gone. I could be wrong.

A.Davis definately needs to show some consistency in the preseason and make a few plays when given the opportunity.

I just think that this entire offense will curl up and die if Clemens is asked to go in and even just manage things...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:

I remember when he got signed. I posted on the Huddle that it was a new low for me as a Rams fan and just when I thought things couldn't be worse Boller was my teams back up.

There isn't a smilie that covers that emotion LOL.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:

I remember when he got signed. I posted on the Huddle that it was a new low for me as a Rams fan and just when I thought things couldn't be worse Boller was my teams back up.

I'm having flash-backs to that one play were Super Boller basically just flipped the fucking ball over to the defender ,,, the ball wasn't jarred out by the defense or any fucking thing,,, FUCKING TD for the bad guys.

My oldest son almost lost his mind on that one. Dark fucking times.

Fuck :lmao:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me be clear. I am not worried about Bradford, just the backups :twisted:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If they can't hold a clip board, then I say we definitely need to look elsewhere. :lol:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
mr.stlouis said:
If they can't hold a clip board, then I say we definitely need to look elsewhere. :lol:

Is this guy still on the Rams speed dial? :hehe:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2upOJgU0E[/youtube]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:

I'm having flash-backs to that one play were Super Boller basically just flipped the fucking ball over to the defender ,,, the ball wasn't jarred out by the defense or any fucking thing,,, FUCKING TD for the bad guys.

My oldest son almost lost his mind on that one. Dark fucking times.

Fuck :lmao:

I tried to find that on YouTube to post it......to torment you. But I couldn't find it. Can you do me a small favor and close your eyes and envision it.

Thanks man! :lmao:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Davis strikes me more as a gamer. More of a Romo Farve esk type player.

What worries me, is that even as shitty as they both have looked, the staff still insist on playing Clemens ahead of him.

A55VA6

Legend
Clemens needs to retire, if he's our backup.. yes i'm worried.

I think Austin Davis can make some throws, but would make mistakes... and you never know.. Hekker could be the 2nd best QB on this team. I would love to see him get some reps in preseason lol