Should Tom Brady be eligible for MVP?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should a suspended player be eligible for MVP?

• Yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...uld-be-ineligible-for-mvp-because-he-cheated/

Apparently, Tom Brady's four-game suspension that he received for Deflategate just wasn't harsh enough for some people. For instance, take Reggie Wayne, who wants to tack on another small punishment.

According to the former Colts receiver, that punishment would basically involve making Brady ineligible to to win the NFL MVP award this season because cheaters shouldn't be allowed to win.

"There is no way Tom Brady can win MVP because he was caught cheating this year," Wayne said on the NFL Network's Total Access show.

To be fair to Brady, he wasn't caught "this year." He was caught in January 2015, which was almost two years ago, and if we want to be technical, the NFL never said he cheated. What the league said is that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of [Jim] McNally and [John] Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

That finding led the NFL to suspend Brady for conduct detrimental to the integrity of the league.

Coincidentally, the game the game that started Deflategate -- the AFC Championship after the 2014 season -- also happened to be the last game of Wayne's career. After that game, Wayne was let go by Indy, only to sign with the Patriots. Wayne then asked to be released by New England before the 2015 season started because it seems that he wasn't a fan of the "Patriot Way."

So there's that.

Anyway, Wayne should actually be looking at this from the other side of the coin. If Brady can sit out four games and still do enough to win the MVP, then that means he would've pulled off one of the greatest seasons in NFL history, which is exactly what he's doing right now.

Brady already leads the league in completion percentage, yards per pass, touchdown percentage and QB rating. He's also thrown zero interceptions and has gone 4-0, and he's doing all of this with properly inflated footballs.

The good news for Wayne is that despite those impressive stats, Brady still might not win the MVP. Our analysts here at CBS Sports released their midseason awards this week, and one of them listed Brady as the MVP. All other votes went to Derek Carr or Matt Ryan.

That's just for the first eight weeks of the season, though. If Brady continues his tear through the next eight weeks, there's a good chance he'll be taking home his third career MVP.

If Brady does win the award, he should make sure to thank Wayne in his acceptance speech.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I can't be the only one that things the whole deflatgate thing was a fucking sham. I hate Brady and the patriots as much as anyone else but the guy got straight shafted right here.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Yes he should be eligible, had he won the MVP during the 2014 season I could see a call to revoke that award. And the whole scandal thing is dumb, I can't believe it went to a trial. Surprised they didn't try to get Judge Judy to settle it and boost ratings at the same time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't be the only one that things the whole deflatgate thing was a freaking sham. I hate Brady and the patriots as much as anyone else but the guy got straight shafted right here.
I don't think so. He knew what was going on, was culpable, and destroyed evidence.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And yes, there's a strong case for him becoming MVP.
He has a 9% TD Ratio. That's almost one TD pass per 10 passes thrown.
Ridonculous.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can we have someone else please and make some new NFL faces? Peyton is gone, Tom is gonna be next.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Can't believe I'm saying this, but yes.
He's served his suspension.

The cheating scandal didn't happen this year. It happened 2 seasons ago. That's the year he should be deemed ineligible. Which is a non factor at this point.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And yes, there's a strong case for him becoming MVP.
He has a 9% TD Ratio. That's almost one TD pass per 10 passes thrown.
Ridonculous.
The guy just keeps getting better. Scary.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If MVP stands for Many Vicious Punches....then yes.....yes he should be eligible for that. In fact, he has my vote.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course he should
If he's eligible to play, he's eligible to win the awards

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
He paid his penance, he's eligible

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't be the only one that things the whole deflatgate thing was a freaking sham. I hate Brady and the patriots as much as anyone else but the guy got straight shafted right here.
"He failed to cooperate with the investigation and destroyed possible evidence!!... Shafted!?! .. BS!!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Besides Aaron Donald, Matt Ryan gets my vote this year.

Derek Carr is another guy. Matthew Stafford. Von Miller.

ANYONE besides Tom Brady.

SamMills51

UDFA
As much as I hate the Patriots

As much as I hate them stealing our first Superbowl and many concluding they most likely spied on us.

As much as I hated that punt that brought the Patriots back in the game

As much as I hate Tom Brady

As much as I hate Bill Belicheat

He's already served his due, and he should be eligible. Plus I'd rather see him than Matt Ryan get MVP. Anyone but any divisional QB imo deserves it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. No way should that whiny little bitch get anything but a punch to his dick.