Should the Rams make it a priority to bring back Dolamite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Re: Should the Rams make it a priority to bring back Dolamit

at the right price of course, you have to make the effort..
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

nighttrain said:
at the right price of course, you have to make the effort..
train
What's the right price to you? I'm interested in knowing what people think his worth is.

nighttrain

Legend

4-5 mil for 4 years..with a signing bonus of 3-5 mil
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

nighttrain said:
train
I don't think that's gonna get it done, but I don't know for sure. It's difficult to gauge his worth (monetarily) at this point because his production gets cut off when he gets injured. If you *project* his numbers across an entire season, he's a top producer. But when you look at *actual* production, he's anything but. These are the times it has to be very difficult to be the COO and/or GM of the team.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

20m over 4 years and a contract that's easy to step away from in a couple years. He's 27 and with his well documented injury history deserved or not that's a fair offer for a guy with a career line of
196 Rec. 1726 yds. and 7 td's.
Some team may come in and knock his wheels off with a offer the Rams can't match or he might just decide to move on.

I still think this gets wrapped up before FA and he signs with the Rams.

But what would you give for a guy 2 years younger and doesn't have the injury history with a career line of
174 rec. 2090yds. and 9 td's and he already knows where to park his car?
Maybe 10 mil. over 4 would get this cat.
Think about that one.

nighttrain

Legend

X said:
nighttrain said:
train
I don't think that's gonna get it done, but I don't know for sure. It's difficult to gauge his worth (monetarily) at this point because his production gets cut off when he gets injured. If you *project* his numbers across an entire season, he's a top producer. But when you look at *actual* production, he's anything but. These are the times it has to be very difficult to be the COO and/or GM of the team.

i just threw those #'s out there, but with 10 mil guaranteed, 1st year and signing bonus, if he leaves, hey it's on him, not the staff..
train

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care how high his contract is as long as it's incentive based.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yamahopper said:
20m over 4 years and a contract that's easy to step away from in a couple years. He's 27 and with his well documented injury history deserved or not that's a fair offer for a guy with a career line of
196 Rec. 1726 yds. and 7 td's.
Some team may come in and knock his wheels off with a offer the Rams can't match or he might just decide to move on.

I still think this gets wrapped up before FA and he signs with the Rams.

But what would you give for a guy 2 years younger and doesn't have the injury history with a career line of
174 rec. 2090yds. and 9 td's and he already knows where to park his car?
Maybe 10 mil. over 4 would get this cat.
Think about that one.

That would probably get it done. But like train and user, I don't know what it will take... but I want some protection baked in. If not incentive based, backload it.

By backload, I mean; 2013 at reasonable dollars with higher dollars 2014 and beyond... If he's healthy and puts up numbers he gets the years. If not, he gets cut.