Should the Rams consider signing former McVay coached RB Matt Jones, if released?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
What about 6th round draft pick Sam Rogers? Granted, he is not 6' 2" but he can be a goal line back and is very versatile. Pure running back? No. But a high character, low cost weapon.

ninedeuce

Rookie
Reminds me of Cleveland Gary, hell of a talented back but held my breath every time he was about to be tackled because there was a decent chance he would put it on the ground.

Ram65

Legend
Redskins running back Matt Jones skipping OTAs

Jones started the first seven games of the 2016 season before being a healthy scratch the rest of the way.

The Redskins drafting Samaje Perine in the fourth round to team with Rob Kelley and third-down back Chris Thompson signaled the end of Jones' time in D.C.

Jones, a bruising 6-foot-2, 232-pound runner showed promise as a rookie, toting 144 times in 2015 for 490 yards and catching 19 passes for 304 yards. He immediately fell out of favor in Washington in 2016, with Kelley taking over the big-back role.

Fumbles sealed Jones fate. In two seasons, the running back coughed up the ball eight times, losing six. Coaches do not suffer running backs

Jones skipping OTAs feels like the first step in the third-round pick's eventual release. Whether the Redskins grant him that discharge now or make him wait remains to be seen.

Given his youth and natural talent, Jones should latch onto another squad once he's cut loose. If he can't fix the fumbling problem, however, his second chance won't last long.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...edskins-running-back-matt-jones-skipping-otas

Like these guys said....
@den-the-coach = trouble hanging onto the football
@Dodgersrf = higher cost than the guys already riding the pine
@jrry32 = Matt Jones overrated

That's a lot of fumbles in the limited carries. I think McVay wants to protect the ball. I'm sure McVay had lots if input on benching him. I change my opinion of letting McVay decide. He isn't worth taking a chance on. Of Course McVay will still decide.:)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Jones is nothing special. I'd let him compete with Brown for RB3. But that's about it.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I will say at least 100 people

:LOL:
Who the heck is your audience??

All i can say is whomever the mysterious 100+ are they aren't Ram fans

Cause no real Ram fan is gonna confuse Dunbar with some bruising back - come on....100

That's a lot of people - i mean a hell of a lot Ram fans to not even know what kinda player Dunbar is. The guy was. Cowboy for goodness sake, not a Bill.... Do you have the number on those that actually know what kinda player Dunbar is? I hopes it's higher than 100.... Anyway

I checked your comments on your website and there's like one guy agreeing with you and throwing out the need to cut De'Mard Llorens. Who???

So i'll just gonna go Lumberg on you and "ummm yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that"

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cause no real Ram fan is gonna confuse Dunbar with some bruising back - come on....100

That's a lot of people - i mean a hell of a lot Ram fans to not even know what kinda player Dunbar is. The guy was. Cowboy for goodness sake, not a Bill.... Do you have the number on those that actually know what kinda player Dunbar is? I hopes it's higher than 100.... Anyway

I checked your comments on your website and there's like one guy agreeing with you and throwing out the need to cut De'Mard Llorens. Who???

So i'll just gonna go Lumberg on you and "ummm yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that"
Yeah no one comments on our site. Facebook page and other pages are what i mean.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah no one comments on our site. Facebook page and other pages are what i mean.

Wow
Well like you say your fans are ignorant, I guess o_O

I am only sort of agreeing with you cause DeMard Llorens though looks pretty good on this highlight reel - couldn't find much else on him...

Seems like the dude is rather quick and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Don't see why you wouldn't want this competing for a spot

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=baQqNSxibwo

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Dunbar = Earl Campbell
Dunbar is more powerful than Bo Jackson

Sorry had to :rolllaugh:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Wow
Well like you say your fans are ignorant, I guess o_O

I am only sort of agreeing with you cause DeMard Llorens though looks pretty good on this highlight reel - couldn't find much else on him...

Seems like the dude is rather quick and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Don't see why you wouldn't want this competing for a spot

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=baQqNSxibwo

Yeah I have no idea why that dude said to cut him. Like he must have personal beef with Llorens. Otherwise no idea.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
What about 6th round draft pick Sam Rogers? Granted, he is not 6' 2" but he can be a goal line back and is very versatile. Pure running back? No. But a high character, low cost weapon.
I like Rogers. All this was put out there for was as an idea and to start a discussion.

jjab360

Legend

You guys really need to chill lol. 100 people out of the millions of people who play fantasy football and only know Dunbar's name because he was competing for the Cowboys' starting RB spot at one point is not a lot lol. I will say the first time I heard we signed him I didn't know anything about him and my mind defaulted to the image of a generic backup running back, it wasn't until I did some research that I realized he was a smaller scat back. It was obviously a sarcastic question in the first place, why is everybody jumping on the guy's back?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You guys really need to chill lol. 100 people out of the millions of people who play fantasy football and only know Dunbar's name because he was competing for the Cowboys' starting RB spot at one point is not a lot lol. I will say the first time I heard we signed him I didn't know anything about him and my mind defaulted to the image of a generic backup running back, it wasn't until I did some research that I realized he was a smaller scat back. It was obviously a sarcastic question in the first place, why is everybody jumping on the guy's back?

Hm. No

here is Jake's original atatement I was commenting on:

You wouldn't believe how many people think Lance Dunbar is a backup running back that adds size and power ...Ignorance... Ignorance everywhere

Well nobody here is ignorant and I find it rather messed up that someone refers to their readership as "ignorant" or the people they interact with on Facebook in regards to the Rams being ignorant. But whatever - I'll do you the favor and just stop reading or cmmenting on what Jake posts here if it causes you distress

So stratch what I wrote from your brain
Maybe my posts were more pointed but here is Den being far more elegantly:

Now I do realize that happens, it has happened in my years of talking football to different people and a gracious way to always handle someone who is misinformed is to say or communicate something like "At 5-8 187 I'm not sure if he'll add size or power, but I have a good feeling about his ability to catch the football and his speed should be an asset as well."

anyway - i still call bullshit on 100 people that have no idea who Dunbar is when as you say he was a Cowboy and like i mentioned it ain't some guy named DeMard Llorens

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah. "Can't we all just get along?"

I can't speak for Rodney King's entire life but what a great quote from a guy in that situation.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Hm. No

here is Jake's original atatement I was commenting on:

You wouldn't believe how many people think Lance Dunbar is a backup running back that adds size and power ...Ignorance... Ignorance everywhere

Well nobody here is ignorant and I find it rather messed up that someone refers to their readership as "ignorant" or the people they interact with on Facebook in regards to the Rams being ignorant. But whatever - I'll do you the favor and just stop reading or cmmenting on what Jake posts here if it causes you distress

So stratch what I wrote from your brain
Maybe my posts were more pointed but here is Den being far more elegantly:

Now I do realize that happens, it has happened in my years of talking football to different people and a gracious way to always handle someone who is misinformed is to say or communicate something like "At 5-8 187 I'm not sure if he'll add size or power, but I have a good feeling about his ability to catch the football and his speed should be an asset as well."

anyway - i still call bullcrap on 100 people that have no idea who Dunbar is when as you say he was a Cowboy and like i mentioned it ain't some guy named DeMard Llorens
Well, I wasn't calling you ignorant. Or anyone here since no one made that claim. Just the people that post things and don't know anything about the team.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Well, I wasn't calling you ignorant. Or anyone here since no one made that claim. Just the people that post things and don't know anything about the team.

I know you weren't calling me ignorant
I thought this was all good natured

But more to the point I was making: Rodney King is not a power back..... oh wait

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I know you weren't calling me ignorant
I thought this was all good natured

But more to the point I was making: Rodney King is not a power back..... oh wait
I disagree. When old Rodney was jacked up on drugs, he could tote his fair share of defenders in the street. He could hardly be beat down. :sneaky: