Should the Rams Bring Back Kenny Britt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Without question IMO. He was good on the field and a great teammate. I think he and Quick make a very tough combo to defend with their size and speed.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Available receivers I'd rather have than Britt:

1. Dez Bryant
2. Demaryius Thomas
3. Randall Cobb (debated leaving him off the list because I don't know if he'll be used well in this offense)
4. Jeremy Maclin

Unless they plan on signing one of the above (unlikely), I would want Britt back.

This is why I hate low cost 1 year deals, would rather have a low cost 2 year deal. If Quick keeps on coming on and Bailey plays like he should with Bradford (I see him as a more talented and healthy Danny Amendola) I'd rather keep those two. So it depends on both the length and the cost.

T-Hawks

UDFA
This is not a slam dunk. I fear some team is going to give him a huge contract...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This should be a no brainer, pay the man a decent salary with incentives and get it done now. The guy paid good dividends and there is no reason to think he won't continue to do the same over the next few years. He is still young and showed no signs of problems from per-existing injuries.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
This should be a no brainer, pay the man a decent salary with incentives and get it done now. The guy paid good dividends and there is no reason to think he won't continue to do the same over the next few years. He is still young and showed no signs of problems from per-existing injuries.
Right, I really think he's grown as a player and a man. He was clearly upset with things in Tennessee after injuries derailed his career and the FO making an example out of him (which he probably needed). He's got a great working relationship with Fish and he's really dedicated himself to the team and the game. I think he's a great fit.

Plus a healthy Quick and Britt blocking for some Tavon bubble screens is damn intimidating.

FRO

Legend
This is why I hate low cost 1 year deals, would rather have a low cost 2 year deal. If Quick keeps on coming on and Bailey plays like he should with Bradford (I see him as a more talented and healthy Danny Amendola) I'd rather keep those two. So it depends on both the length and the cost.
What player would want a low cost 2 year deal?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we are all in agreeance lol. Britt has to stay. When I went you the skins game I saw him get well past the secondary at least twice. He's easily a 1,000 yard receiver with a good qb I think. And besides, the unit could use the stability.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I would like to see him signed at a solid FA deal. But use our bigger FA money for the Oline to give him more time to get down the field.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
No brainer. He's a vet and a team guy. Good hands too.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

I agree!

I think he's the same age as quick too, only he has 5 years experience.

FRO

Legend
Someone who is considered a bust by every other coach in the league and couldn't find a job anywhere else?
Weren't the Patriots also interested? Britt had options, albeit limited options. I don't think he will get a huge contract elsewhere or even here due to his past.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Imagine if Quick had remained healthy all season, I would feel a lot better about squeezing him for a very reasonable offer.

Weren't the Patriots also interested? Britt had options, albeit limited options. I don't think he will get a huge contract elsewhere or even here due to his past.

I forget, he wasn't highly sort after either way, I'm not saying we were idiots for not giving him a 2 year contract but on these kick the tyres type deals I'd rather give up more guaranteed money for 2 than less for 1, even if it means you end up giving guys like Joeseph too much.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Someone who is considered a bust by every other coach in the league and couldn't find a job anywhere else?
That was last year, I'm sure there will be plenty of suitors in 2015. Hopefully he will remember who brought him in for a second chance and they will get a deal done that will benefit both sides.

FRO

Legend
I forget, he wasn't highly sort after either way, I'm not saying we were idiots for not giving him a 2 year contract but on these kick the tyres type deals I'd rather give up more guaranteed money for 2 than less for 1, even if it means you end up giving guys like Joeseph too much.
I hear ya. I like them because it gives the player extra motivation. The most success Fisher/Snead have had in free agency has come with the one year types in Hayes and Britt. Free agency is such a farce.