Should Rams Fans Expect a Wild Trade for A QB --PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
No one knows what Peyton Manning’s plans are, but what the Rams do know is they need to fix the QB situation. They have the defense and Todd Gurley, but they don’t have a franchise QB. Should fans expect a wild trade? Mike Florio: “They have to do something other than what they currently have…status quo is not an option.”

Watch Rams QB Discussion

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I really don't want to put all the eggs in a rookie QB basket. Sure finding a QB would be helpful, but what if we used those picks to bolster our strengths a but further? Manning used to be a hell of a QB, but he was a shell of himself the last year, that supporting cast was able to get him over the hump though.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Two things I don't get with this whole Manning thing.

1) Where did it come from?
2) Why would we want a QB that was worse than what we already have? I get that he could be an excellent mentor for someone but Fisher doesn't have the luxury of that kind of time.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Two things I don't get with this whole Manning thing.

1) Where did it come from?
2) Why would we want a QB that was worse than what we already have? I get that he could be an excellent mentor for someone but Fisher doesn't have the luxury of that kind of time.
Right. I mean all we would get from the current Peyton Manning is "brains". The arm talent is long gone and is steadily declining. For the $$$ it would take to sign him and the time wasted that could be used for developing a long term solution is not worth it, IMHO.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Imo so long as Fisher is still the HC our QB problem will continue. He needs to get with the program and step into the present day NFL.

A55VA6

Legend
Do. Whatever. It. Takes.

Even if we trade up, grab our guy and it doesn't work out - at least they tried. We gotta fix this damn QB situation otherwise we'll waste our good defense and we'll forever suck.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If you want to stand a chance of a winning 2016 season Rams better go get a good seasoned veteran QB (not Peyton Manning) & also draft a very good one & scrap the thoughts of having Case Keenum & Nick Foles competing for the starting QB position.

The fresh statements coming out from Fisher on going with Case Keenum as our starter & letting Nick Foles compete just puts any hopes of a winning 2016 season in the toilet early for me. In my weak mind Its just pathetic & silly thinking that this Ram team could match the great successes of the 2015 season in 2016 with those two!

Rams were able to hold their own in 2015 (still ended up with a losing season) with Case & Nick because mostly due to the strength of the defense. Are most Thinking :thinking: the same in 2016 is possible?

IMO its just not reasonable or sound:rant:. Rams will be very lucky if they could retain half of the 10 defensive free agents (six of them were starters). That outstanding 2015 defense is history vaults.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm not so sure that we'll even need to trade up for a QB.

More and more pundits are indicating that one of the big 3 QB's will be there for us at #15.

And there seems to be a growing opinion that a good QB from the next tier would also be there in the 2nd round for us as well.

Kinda doubtful that any of the top 6 QB's would do much for us in '16, anyway.

So I'm leaning toward keeping our picks. There will be terrific football players for us at those picks through at least the 3rd round. We need those players. Besides, one of them will be a QB.

I kinda suspect that S&F are gonna find a QB to be our '16 starter via some move in either FA or trade. (Not Manning, of course).

But I also suspect that they want to upgrade themselves at WR, TE, and LDE for opening day. These recent playoffs have revealed just how far behind we are at those positions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The media is wrong IMO. 3 QBs are gonna be gone by 15. But more importantly they cannot afford to sit idly by and let other teams take the QBs.

A franchise QB can change your team outlook for a decade. Team fortunes rise and fall due to whether you have one. It is that important.

The Rams are beyond the "draft one midrounds and hope we hit" stage. They need to move up and get their guy.

Now if their guy is Cook or Prescott, well, I really hope they do their homework. But my answer is quit F'ing around, go get us some real hope in this draft. Change our future for the love of F.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Let me ask this question, do you guys think Keenum is a younger Alex Smith? I do, and we don't know what we have in Mannion. Alex Smith got the Chiefs to the playoffs . I agree with the earlier poster about other needs also. None of the 1st round Qbs are going to start day one. I'm not saying don't draft one but not at the expense of other needs too. 1st and two 2nd rounds can get you 3 day one starters or 1 QB and 2 day one starters, which leaves us with a rookie QB, a 1 year QB and a 4 year QB

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Keenum isn't a Great QB, but Damm it seems like you guys want the world in a basket of flowers. I would take him to start in the Fall if we draft another QB . He did very well to finish the season. Some explain to me that he didn't . What was his win / loss record?

A55VA6

Legend
Keenum isn't a Great QB, but Damm it seems like you guys want the world in a basket of flowers. I would take him to start in the Fall if we draft another QB . He did very well to finish the season. Some explain to me that he didn't . What was his win / loss record?
I thought he did a nice job, but I think we need someone better to put us over the top. I think a big, tall QB like Paxton Lynch would be a nice option for us. Have Keenum 'listed' as the starter, and go from there.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Is he talking "give the entire draft for Aaron Rodgers wild" or just a big trade up into the top 2?

jap

Legend
Should Rams Fans Expect a Wild Trade for A QB?

With Les and The Fisher King running the war room and Kevin manning the financial calculations, who knows? The Horns know what they have in their current QB unit, and they rebuilt the OL over the last two years and added the Gurley Express! last season. They damn well know as long as they keep their defensive core intact they only require a real NFL caliber starting QB to put them over the top. With the move to the Showtime! city, they are gonna need a Showtime! QB who can drive defenses crazy when the TGII/Tavon Thunder & Lightning duet isn't. We also know that Fish & Les can play draft time poker with the best of them. Fan the smoke & mirrors with Peyton, Kap, Brees, and all the rest, but watch for the Horns to pull a shocker acquisition if other pieces (eg, retaining core players) are taken care of.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I thought he did a nice job, but I think we need someone better to put us over the top. I think a big, tall QB like Paxton Lynch would be a nice option for us. Have Keenum 'listed' as the starter, and go from there.
I agree

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
do you guys think Keenum is a younger Alex Smith?

I've wondered if he could be the late bloomer type. Ryan Fitzpatrick just had one of those kind of seasons too, where he looked pretty good.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't mind if the Rams gave Keenum a couple of year contract, with backup type pay but enough that he'd want to sign with the Rams (nobody else is going to give him first crack as a starter, or guarantee any significant money). That way either Mannion or whomever they draft would have time to develop. This is assuming that the Rams don't find a decently better QB in trade.

No matter who they draft, they are going to want a vet QB to be the initial starter.