Should Rams Consider Bringing DX Back After Bills Workout?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
This looks at the idea after DX's workout with the Bills, his past production and why one could understand the Rams taking another look (or not).

ST LOUIS, MO (Shane Gray, Missouri Sports Media)- On Monday, former University of Missouri and St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danario Alexander worked out for the Buffalo Bills. By Monday evening, Rams fans were already asking each other if St. Louis should take another look at the excessively talented but oft-injured wideout, particularly when considering Sunday’s anemic offensive showing in Chicago.

On Sunday, of course, the Rams lost to the Bears on a day when the offense produced just 152 yards passing, 59 yards rushing and six total points. On Monday, St. Louis head coach Jeff Fisher was quick to point out the Rams biggest and most obvious shortcoming in the aforementioned Chicago contest.

“Obviously,” Fisher said in his press conference, “our difficulty was on the offensive side of the ball.”

After the Rams posted 23 and 31 points in the first two weeks of the season, many fans and media members alike were cautiously optimistic that the offense was turning the corner a bit and at least inching towards consistent respectability.

Read more http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=77037

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Should Rams Consider Bringing DX Back After Bills Workou

Nah. Where's the future with him?

There is zero chance this guy becomes a dependable 16 game player. Helluva talent, but ... you know.

bluecoconuts

Legend

No. I'd rather develop someone that can help in the future. Love DX, but the knee injuries are just too much.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim

DX is damaged goods an you never bring back a damaged product.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Used to be a big DX fan and was glad the Rams gave him a chance. Now though, we have other options. Heck, I'd much rather us bring back Salas (he did get waived, right?) and get rid of Gibson.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I think that missile has sailed.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Hell no. Get Quick and Givens more playing time. Seriously, If you just told Quick to run the go route that Gibson ran then it probably would have been caught. If you told Givens to run it he would have been able to catch it in the endzone...behind both Bears...which is where Bradford would have put it had the receiver had some speed.

It's not hard to get them in there more often. I'm willing to bet they know AT LEAST 50%-60% of the playbook. Hell, they probably know all of the plays. I bet they are just having a hard time grasping the NFL level scheme.

It pisses me off to no end.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
Nah. Where's the future with him?

There is zero chance this guy becomes a dependable 16 game player. Helluva talent, but ... you know.

Unfortunately, I think you are probably right, X. The only hope would be if the knee issues are truly behind him (as the hamstring thing should not always be an issue).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Gonna buck the trend here. We have what... 5 receivers not named Danny. Denario is better than at least 3 of them? He can also do what NONE of our receivers can do - win jump balls. I realize he is a huge injury factor but what.... we lose Steve Smith? When DX is on the field, he is good enough IMO to take that chance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RamFan503 said:
Gonna buck the trend here. We have what... 5 receivers not named Danny. Denario is better than at least 3 of them? He can also do what NONE of our receivers can do - win jump balls. I realize he is a huge injury factor but what.... we lose Steve Smith? When DX is on the field, he is good enough IMO to take that chance.
I think Pettis can be a healthy replacement for DX. He's a couple inches shorter, but Pettis has the catching radius of a windmill. Pettis is also someone you can count on to be at every practice and be ready for every game. At some point (and it took me a while) you have to come to the realization that it's not just shitty luck when it comes to DX and his legs. It's either a hammy or a knee, but it's always one or the other week in and week out. I wish it was different, but ... it ain't.

That said, I would be really happy for him if he were to put it together and play for *someone*.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

The potential for injury is just too high. At some point, it outweighs talent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Selassie I said:

Yeah... I agree with everyone for the most part - I'm just not sure it outweighs the talent we have at THIS point in time.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

Yeah... I agree with everyone for the most part - I'm just not sure it outweighs the talent we have at THIS point in time.
As an additional complication, which of our receivers are we going to cut? Recognizing that our 6 on the roster had a full training camp, as opposed to DX's single day.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

Call my crazy, but if I'm signing a FA wideout, it's going to be Plax. He knows the offense, put up what 8 scores last year and can go up and get the ball.
That being said, I wouldn't be in a hurry to add anyone at this point. Shit, just get Quick out there.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

No!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

As an additional complication, which of our receivers are we going to cut? Recognizing that our 6 on the roster had a full training camp, as opposed to DX's single day.

Smith.