Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• Total voters

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's always something to be blamed for failure. I'm sure if a coach comes in next year and takes us to the playoffs, someone that wants to explain it away will just say injuries + QB + the team being undisciplined under Fisher.

I'm just not all in on blaming the coach. Period.

As for the teams you named: Detroit and Jacksonville both have been willing to give their coaches plenty of time of late...except for Mularkey but that had more to do with the ownership change than anything.

They've been firing coaches every 3 years or less. It's not working or them. Jim Caldwell is gonna be the latest victim.

Cleveland, Oakland, and Washington have been led by bad owners. Not a problem we have had.

Stan has been anything but a model owner. But that's a different topic entirely.

Plus, we gave Fisher four years.

So what? At some point you have to stay the course. What happens if new guy doesn't become playoff bound in a couple years, fire him too? Rinse and repeat. It's dumb and I see the Cleveland Browns and the like do the same thing with no results at all. Compare that to a team like the Giants, who even with bad years (before 2007 Super Bowl) stuck with Tom Coughlin. The Bengals have stuck with Marvin Lewis. (and he had some bad, bad years in Cincy).

You're not even giving a good reason to stick with mediocrity. Because other teams haven't turned it around by firing coaches doesn't have any bearing on what we should do. Some teams have had success doing it, some teams haven't. That's how it goes. But sticking with a coach that keeps losing...I can't think of many examples during the salary cap era where that worked out.

I am in favor of staying the course. I want to see Jeff Fisher with a healthy team that can execute for once. Our coaches have never once had that during their time here, and that's simply not fair to them.

I am with you in general on maintaining some sort of consistency in the coaching ranks, but, clearly, something needs to change here. Fish is in the same general boat Vermeil was in prior to the 1999 season. A conservative coach who had a decent defense and special team units who was badly missing some firepower on offense. The administrative brass sat Dickie V down and pointed out he had to! make changes like bringing in a bright, fresh offensive mind (i.e., Mad Mike), bolstering the OL by giving help to young 'Lando Pace (i.e., they signed Adam Timmermann to anchor the starboard side of the OL while Pace ruled the port side), getting a bright QB (Mad Mike's former 'Skins' protege, Trent Green), and more offensive talent to pair with Isaac Bruce (#6 overall draft choice, Torry Holt).

Sure and our guys have done the same thing. Tavon, TG2, Greg Robinson, Rob Havenstein, Jamon Brown, etc. These guys have either been a.) hurt and/or b.) are taking some time to develop. If you want to criticze that, OK. But then we wouldn't have Aaron Donald or Alec Ogletree etc. Then people would complain they passed on those guys.

albeit with ridiculous problems like Sam's back-to-back ACL woes, yearly OL injury woes, etc. In a passing focused league, teams need a competent, robust signal caller who can steer the offense forward. Sam's injuries kept him off the field, while Nick's fundamental flaws are crippling his team.

That's the biggest issue. It's not all on the coach. It's equal value. He's had other uncontrollable factors. But the blanket statement is just "blah, excuses." It just not reality, you can't win when all your players are hurting, then expecting backups with a week or less of practice who've had barely any experience come in and play up to par. And even so, the Jeff Fisher Rams have come prepped to play the majority of the time and are in position to win games. It's one of the biggest reasons why I'm NOT in favor of getting rid of these guys. A truly incompetent coach couldn't hold the team together and would get their ass kicked week in and out.

I wouldn't mind Silent Stan abandoning his silent disposition long enough to verbally get Fish & Snead cracking on shoring up our offense with QB talent and better receivers to complement superstar rookie TGII---that includes WR's and TE's who are actually, actually willing & able to block someone every time the Express! & Co. are attempting to matriculate down the damn field to put meaningful credits on the scoreboard. Having young OL guys going into their second season in 2016 isn't bad, but a robust veteran here or there for leadership & exemplary play isn't a bad proposition either. Fish needs to admit his offensive coaching failings and come to terms with a credible offensive mind, which includes granting near full autonomy on that side if the rock. Dickie V always said the Rams would not have gotten to the Show much less win it in 1999 without Mad Mike. Time for Fish to open up offensively via an OC proxy just like he opens up on defense and special teams.

We have opened it up. There are many plays this season where it's just simple execution. Should there be more consistency there, sure absoluetly. The plays that are there, tho the players have to make. The coach can call it, set em up, etc but they have to execute.

I stand by my opinion on not wanting to get rid of Jeff Fisher.

OJM

UDFA
I never thought he should've been hired in the first place. Jeff has never done anything besides that titans super bowl team in '99. I've felt like our next coach will be the person that moves this team to the next step. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the coach next season. If so, get ready for more of the same.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They've been firing coaches every 3 years or less. It's not working or them. Jim Caldwell is gonna be the latest victim.

That's completely and utterly false. Jack Del Rio was in Jacksonville for 9 years. Before him, Tom Coughlin was there for 8 years. Mike Mularkey is the exception because of the ownership changing hands. The Jaguars have not been firing coaches every 3 years or less.

As for the Lions, they gave their last HC, Jim Schwartz, 5 years before they fired him. Caldwell is going to get fired because he's a shitty HC.

Stan has been anything but a model owner. But that's a different topic entirely.

Stan isn't a meddling owner. There's a large difference.

So what? At some point you have to stay the course. What happens if new guy doesn't become playoff bound in a couple years, fire him too? Rinse and repeat. It's dumb and I see the Cleveland Browns and the like do the same thing with no results at all. Compare that to a team like the Giants, who even with bad years (before 2007 Super Bowl) stuck with Tom Coughlin. The Bengals have stuck with Marvin Lewis. (and he had some bad, bad years in Cincy).

If the new guy can't get this team to the playoffs in the first 3 years, he's not a good coach and should be gone. Sticking with a shitty coach for continuity sake is a terrible idea.

As for Tom Coughlin, the Giants won 11 games during Coughlin's second season and 10 games and the Super Bowl his fourth year. It is Fisher's fourth year and the Rams are on track for four losing seasons and zero playoff appearances. Kind of a big difference. Marvin Lewis led the Bengals to a 11 win season in his 3rd year and the playoffs. And none of his first four years in Cincy were losing seasons. Even then, the Bengals have an owner that's quite out of the ordinary in terms of loyalty.

Kind of hard to justify Fisher if he finishes his fourth season with the team with zero winning seasons.

I am in favor of staying the course. I want to see Jeff Fisher with a healthy team that can execute for once. Our coaches have never once had that during their time here, and that's simply not fair to them.

This is the NFL. You don't get healthy teams. And the team failing to execute falls on the coaching.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets help to clear up one thing that keeps coming up. The question of final roster/draft pick say.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---...jeff-fisher-choosing-rams-over-dolphins-.html

One thing Demoff read was that Ross, the Dolphins' owner, was so hell-bent on getting Fisher that he was prepared to outbid other suitors for the coach's services, no matter the price. In the end, that turned out to be hype – Ross, according to sources familiar with the negotiations, actually came in with a lesser offer than the Rams' five year, $35-million package, though Fisher's focus had already shifted to St. Louis by that point.

Ross' insistence that incumbent general manager Jeff Ireland would retain contractual control of the team's roster makeup was a far more significant factor in Fisher's decision-making process.

"At the end of the day I wanted the ability to have final say, with a general manager I could build something with," Fisher said. "And ultimately, a lot of it came down to Stan and Sam."

From Fishers own mouth in an interview from 2012, he wanted the ability to have final say. I didn't find this article myself I stole it from somebody posting on another site. Should clear up any question on who is in charge.

FRO

Legend
Here's a question.

Are Snead and Fisher tied at the hip? If Fisher goes, does that mean Snead goes, too?
Or is Snead the person to fire Fisher and look for a new head coach?
I would have to know the inner workings on who made the decisions. Was if Snead's fingerprints on the Quick pick, Pead pick, the trade up for Austin, or the Robinson pick? If so he is as culpable and deserves to get fired. Year 4 and the offense is worse than it was in year one and year two and three weren't that great either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What coach has taken over a team and responded with 4 straight losing seasons, and kept his job?
And as for Tom Coughlin, really? He took over a 4-12 team, went 6-10 and then 11-5. He made the playoffs in 4 of his first 5 years.
Marvin Lewis didnt have his first losing season until his 5th season.
I appreciate the job Fisher did cleaning up the mess left behind by Spags. But his best record was in that first year. Each year its gotten worse and we may very well see the worst yet this year.
4 years is definatley enough time.

Angry Ram

That's completely and utterly false. Jack Del Rio was in Jacksonville for 9 years. Before him, Tom Coughlin was there for 8 years. Mike Mularkey is the exception because of the ownership changing hands. The Jaguars have not been firing coaches every 3 years or less.

As for the Lions, they gave their last HC, Jim Schwartz, 5 years before they fired him. Caldwell is going to get fired because he's a crappy HC.

OK, wrong about Jacksonville changing coaches, but thankfully that proves my point.Jack Del Rio still had the oppurtunity to get more time. Besides,I don't see a big difference b/w Jack and Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. Just because other factors and players failing to put up their end of the bargain doesn't mean he

Their current coach has the same damn record as the Rams, is in his 3rd year with that team. Are you favor of him being fired? I don't think he should, but nope I bet the fire mob would still be strong if he had the same situation here. And it would still be wrong to.

As for the Lions? Jim Caldwell doesn't deserve to be fired, either. And no he's not shitty. How the hell can you be a shitty coach and get to the Super Bowl? Oh wait, you need players too and that's what he had in Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, etc. He goes to Baltimore as OC and is apart of a SB team. Yeah, shitty coach, sure. He goes to the Lions and gets the playoffs. Yeah, really fucking shitty. Loses said playoff game b/c of a terrible officiating call. Oh look at that, outside factors. FIRE HIM THE FUCK NOW. In his recent years he's had the benefit of good, healthy players that executed. But no, now the players are either hurt or not executing and he should go. Please. That's so like Detroit. Give me a damn break.

If the new guy can't get this team to the playoffs in the first 3 years, he's not a good coach and should be gone. Sticking with a crappy coach for continuity sake is a terrible idea.

Except, Jeff Fisher is not a "crappy" coach. If he was, the team wouldn't even be in position to be in games and beat teams like Denver or Seattle. That's a fact. A truly bad coach would be winless and have zero control of his players.

As for Tom Coughlin, the Giants won 11 games during Coughlin's second season and 10 games and the Super Bowl his fourth year. It is Fisher's fourth year and the Rams are on track for four losing seasons and zero playoff appearances. Kind of a big difference. Marvin Lewis led the Bengals to a 11 win season in his 3rd year and the playoffs. And none of his first four years in Cincy were losing seasons. Even then, the Bengals have an owner that's quite out of the ordinary in terms of loyalty.

You obviously don't know the circumstances of Tom Coughlin. The Giants have had issues since 2008. They would go on long losing streaks before getting some Ws. He was always a firing candidate b/c of that. Which again, stupid.

Marvin Lewis also had years of futility. Including years of 4 and 5 wins total. Why are you ignoring that? There were years where the Bengals were just a joke. Yet he stayed. Is he crappy? Nope.

Kind of hard to justify Fisher if he finishes his fourth season with the team with zero winning seasons.

I'm justifying him b/c of other factors he can't control. Players failing to do simple football maneuvers. At the pro level they have to do their job. Period.

This is the NFL. You don't get healthy teams. And the team failing to execute falls on the coaching.

Yeah, that's why the Packers were amazing when Aaron Rodgers got hurt this year. That's why Denver was so awesome with a broken Peyton Manning. Yeah, that's why the Rams have started 6 QBs the past 4 years. Jeff Fisher is supposed to magically make them look like all pros with a training camp and practice with the back ups. Also, it's Jeff Fisher's fault for dropping a pass that hits a WR right in the hands. It's Jeff Fisher fault the line keeps getting hurt and causes a fumble. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault the defense can't tackle on a single routine play. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault for bogus officiating. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault. Again: GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK.

What coach has taken over a team and responded with 4 straight losing seasons, and kept his job?
And as for Tom Coughlin, really? He took over a 4-12 team, went 6-10 and then 11-5. He made the playoffs in 4 of his first 5 years.
Marvin Lewis didnt have his first losing season until his 5th season.
I appreciate the job Fisher did cleaning up the mess left behind by Spags. But his best record was in that first year. Each year its gotten worse and we may very well see the worst yet this year.
4 years is definatley enough time.

Again, those guys got to stay despite the mob wanting them to be fired. Things haven't always been rosy for those guys, especially Tom Coughlin. They wanted him gone after every loss. It's ridiculous.

It's gotten worse each year? That's not true. It's stayed the same his first 2 years (FTR that tie in 2012 was and still is a W in my book; Brandon Gibson being called was bullshit) and a whopping 1 game less b/c of going from Sam Bradford to Shaun Hill/Austin Davis in addition to other injuries. You can't tell me that Jeff Fisher won't succeed with at the very least healthy personnel that do their job like catch a freakin football that falls right in their hands?

Also, I'm done with this thread now. I think I made my points pretty clear. I don't think he deserves to go.

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Because the QB play is significantly worse...

That's my point really. He's subtracted career backups and low draft picks for a somewhat average two year starter, and first round draft picks and made them worse.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In all honesty, the only game I can see winning is San Fran last game of the year. And that would be a toss up over who wants the better draft pick (and lets the other team win)

Lol, the winner would be the loser.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Depends on what coaches are available and whether or not they want to work for the Rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've heard Asshole Face is on thin ice. And some think Brees would follow him if he got fired and ended up coaching somewhere else. Brees has 19 mil due him next year. The Saints may not want to pay that. wouldn't mind paying that for a year just to see him under center with Gurley behind him.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
OK, wrong about Jacksonville changing coaches, but thankfully that proves my point.Jack Del Rio still had the oppurtunity to get more time. Besides,I don't see a big difference b/w Jack and Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. Just because other factors and players failing to put up their end of the bargain doesn't mean he

Actually it does the opposite...Jack made the playoffs by year 3, and had a winning record by year 3...

Except, Jeff Fisher is not a "crappy" coach. If he was, the team wouldn't even be in position to be in games and beat teams like Denver or Seattle. That's a fact. A truly bad coach would be winless and have zero control of his players.

Did you actually just say that to be bad coach you have to be winless and zero control of his players???? Since only one team ever went winless then you believe that there has only been one bad coach EVER in the history of the NFL....not to be mean but do read what you write?

I'm justifying him b/c of other factors he can't control. Players failing to do simple football maneuvers. At the pro level they have to do their job. Period.
So JF has no responsibility since he picked the players? This is his team from top to bottom now...

Again, those guys got to stay despite the mob wanting them to be fired. Things haven't always been rosy for those guys, especially Tom Coughlin. They wanted him gone after every loss. It's ridiculous.

Things is every coach you mention won in their first couple of years, in fact most won within 2, and all of them made the playoffs in a four year stretch...All things JF has NOT done here

It's gotten worse each year? That's not true. It's stayed the same his first 2 years (FTR that tie in 2012 was and still is a W in my book; Brandon Gibson being called was bullcrap) and a whopping 1 game less b/c of going from Sam Bradford to Shaun Hill/Austin Davis in addition to other injuries.

Actually it is true, ignoring the actual record just makes your solid points weaker because you ignore actual fact....

You can't tell me that Jeff Fisher won't succeed with at the very least healthy personnel that do their job like catch a freakin football that falls right in their hands?

So you think for him to succeed everything has to go perfect...except that rarely occurs in the NFL, a coach like any leader is judged by how they handle adversity as much as how they handle success...heck look at how Arians dealt with the massive injuries last year (it finally got to much at the end of the year, but most thought the injuries going into the season would ruin that D), look at Bilacheat this year....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Their current coach has the same damn record as the Rams, is in his 3rd year with that team. Are you favor of him being fired? I don't think he should, but nope I bet the fire mob would still be strong if he had the same situation here. And it would still be wrong to.

As for the Lions? Jim Caldwell doesn't deserve to be fired, either. And no he's not crappy. How the hell can you be a crappy coach and get to the Super Bowl? Oh wait, you need players too and that's what he had in Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, etc. He goes to Baltimore as OC and is apart of a SB team. Yeah, crappy coach, sure. He goes to the Lions and gets the playoffs. Yeah, really freaking crappy. Loses said playoff game b/c of a terrible officiating call. Oh look at that, outside factors. FIRE HIM THE freak NOW. In his recent years he's had the benefit of good, healthy players that executed. But no, now the players are either hurt or not executing and he should go. Please. That's so like Detroit. Give me a damn break.

Am I in favor of Bradley being fired? Yes. I don't think he's a guy that will ultimately take the Jaguars to that next level.

How can you be a crappy coach and get to the Super Bowl? 2 words...Peyton Manning. Caldwell and Polian's kid ran that team into the ground. The guy was a running joke.

He goes to the Lions and makes the playoffs because Teryl Austin, who was a HC candidate last year, did an amazing job with the defense. Caldwell's bread and butter, the offense, was a mediocre unit. And this year, they've been even worse on offense due to an incompetent OC who they just fired.

Give me a damn break. Actually evaluate these guys. Caldwell is a crappy coach. It's easy to see when you watch his teams/units. He rode Peyton Manning's coattails in Indy and he's riding Teryl Austin's coattails in Detroit.

Jeff Fisher is a mediocre coach. The Rams need something more.

That's kind of the Head Coach's job. Players failing to execute for 4 years now tells us all exactly why Fisher is a mediocre Head Coach.

Yeah, that's why the Packers were amazing when Aaron Rodgers got hurt this year. That's why Denver was so awesome with a broken Peyton Manning. Yeah, that's why the Rams have started 6 QBs the past 4 years. Jeff Fisher is supposed to magically make them look like all pros with a training camp and practice with the back ups. Also, it's Jeff Fisher's fault for dropping a pass that hits a WR right in the hands. It's Jeff Fisher fault the line keeps getting hurt and causes a fumble. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault the defense can't tackle on a single routine play. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault for bogus officiating. Yeah, it's Jeff Fisher's fault. Again: GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK.

The Packers and Broncos are sitting there at 7-3 and 8-2 on top of their divisions. They aren't healthy. This is football. You don't get healthy teams. You don't get to make excuses for 4 years that injuries are the problem.

And the Rams starting 6 QBs in 4 years falls on Fisher. He chose to stick with Bradford and he chose Nick Foles. Those were choices he made as a HC. They were the wrong choices. How many more times does he get to make the wrong choice?

Jeff Fisher also chose every WR/TE on this roster. So he is at fault for them not being able to catch the ball. He chose the defense. He's at fault for them not being able to tackle.

Every single thing you mentioned is Jeff Fisher's fault.(except injuries...they're random...but they do happen to every team) They are his responsibility. Execution is his responsibility. What do you think a head coach does? Give ME a fucking break.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
No way. He absolutely needs to go after this season concludes, no matter what he will "seem" to do these last few games.
No Fisher = brighter future.

Angry Ram

Actually it does the opposite...Jack made the playoffs by year 3, and had a winning record by year 3...

Did you actually just say that to be bad coach you have to be winless and zero control of his players???? Since only one team ever went winless then you believe that there has only been one bad coach EVER in the history of the NFL....not to be mean but do read what you write?

So JF has no responsibility since he picked the players? This is his team from top to bottom now...

Never said that.

Things is every coach you mention won in their first couple of years, in fact most won within 2, and all of them made the playoffs in a four year stretch...All things JF has NOT done here

Yeah, and what happened after? Why is that being ignored? There were stretches where those teams were TERRIBLE. And in the Bengals case, multiple 4 and 5 win seasons.

Actually it is true, ignoring the actual record just makes your solid points weaker because you ignore actual fact....

I'm not ignoring actual records. They won 7 games in 2012 and 2013 and 6 in 2014. That tie is neither/nor, but IMO the Rams outplayed SF that game and it is a win in *my* personal book. I don't care what you think about that.

So you think for him to succeed everything has to go perfect...except that rarely occurs in the NFL, a coach like any leader is judged by how they handle adversity as much as how they handle success...heck look at how Arians dealt with the massive injuries last year (it finally got to much at the end of the year, but most thought the injuries going into the season would ruin that D), look at Bilacheat this year....

No. The player has to simply do his job. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? And injuries make that much more difficult.

What is it with this board lately and putting words in my mouth? It was an example. Jesus.

Am I in favor of Bradley being fired? Yes. I don't think he's a guy that will ultimately take the Jaguars to that next level.

How can you be a crappy coach and get to the Super Bowl? 2 words...Peyton Manning. Caldwell and Polian's kid ran that team into the ground. The guy was a running joke.

He goes to the Lions and makes the playoffs because Teryl Austin, who was a HC candidate last year, did an amazing job with the defense. Caldwell's bread and butter, the offense, was a mediocre unit. And this year, they've been even worse on offense due to an incompetent OC who they just fired.

Give me a damn break. Actually evaluate these guys. Caldwell is a crappy coach. It's easy to see when you watch his teams/units. He rode Peyton Manning's coattails in Indy and he's riding Teryl Austin's coattails in Detroit.

Bullshit. You don't get to the Super Bowl by being a bad coach. You don't win 11 seasons by doing nothing. And are you saying Jim Caldwell benefitied by having good players doing their jobs? Interesting, I wish our coach had that luxury.

The Packers and Broncos are sitting there at 7-3 and 8-2 on top of their divisions. They aren't healthy. This is football. You don't get healthy teams. You don't get to make excuses for 4 years that injuries are the problem.

And the Rams starting 6 QBs in 4 years falls on Fisher. He chose to stick with Bradford and he chose Nick Foles. Those were choices he made as a HC. They were the wrong choices. How many more times does he get to make the wrong choice?

Jeff Fisher also chose every WR/TE on this roster. So he is at fault for them not being able to catch the ball. He chose the defense. He's at fault for them not being able to tackle.

Every single thing you mentioned is Jeff Fisher's fault.(except injuries...they're random...but they do happen to every team) They are his responsibility. Execution is his responsibility. What do you think a head coach does? Give ME a freaking break.

No, the 6 QBs fall on injury. Period. He signed a veteran to backup him up. Do you expect any backup QB to play like a superstar? It simply just doesn't happen. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

The Packers and Broncos have had their issues. The Broncos are winning primarily on defense and scoring on defense. It's simply a fact. Have the Pack been world beaters this year? Not by a long shot. They finally got their shit together against Minnesota.

Nope not all his fault, and nothing will ever sway me from that line of thought. It's both. He can scream and tell WRs where and how to line up and when to catch the ball all the live long day but it's up to the freakin player to do that. Again, why is that such a difficult concept for you people to grasp?

I'm not swaying from my opinion. If I'm gonna be the lone wolf with this opinion, so be it. I don't care.

There, now I'm officially done with this thread. Deuces.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bullcrap. You don't get to the Super Bowl by being a bad coach. You don't win 11 seasons by doing nothing. And are you saying Jim Caldwell benefitied by having good players doing their jobs? Interesting, I wish our coach had that luxury.

You've clearly never heard of Barry Switzer then.

And pray tell, if Caldwell was such a good coach, why did his team end up with the #1 pick as soon as Manning went down? Why was Caldwell fired? He was riding Manning's coattails.

I wish our coach had prime Peyton Manning too. He'd cover for Fisher's mediocre coaching.

No, the 6 QBs fall on injury. Period. He signed a veteran to backup him up. Do you expect any backup QB to play like a superstar? It simply just doesn't happen. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

He hitched his wagon to Bradford. And then he did nothing after 2013 beyond Shaun Hill to put a plan in place in case Bradford went down again. And then he hitched his wagon to Nick Foles, gave him an extension, and benched him for a journeyman in the same season.

Stop making excuses for Fisher's mistakes.

The Packers and Broncos have had their issues. The Broncos are winning primarily on defense and scoring on defense. It's simply a fact. Have the Pack been world beaters this year? Not by a long shot. They finally got their crap together against Minnesota.

Wait...what was that? They're winning? Exactly. And Kubiak isn't a great HC either.

Nope not all his fault, and nothing will ever sway me from that line of thought. It's both. He can scream and tell WRs where and how to line up and when to catch the ball all the live long day but it's up to the freakin player to do that. Again, why is that such a difficult concept for you people to grasp?

Because he chose the WRs and his staff is responsible for coaching them up. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp? You don't get to bitch and moan about Fisher being blamed for guys he HANDPICKED not executing. That's HIS fault.

I'm not swaying from my opinion. If I'm gonna be the lone wolf with this opinion, so be it. I don't care.

There, now I'm officially done with this thread. Deuces.

You're welcome to be the lone wolf. But I recommend you take a hard look at the team. Look at which guys Fisher brought in. And then ask yourself...should a Head Coach be responsible for players he picked not executing? If your answer is no...it's probably best you leave the thread. Because I don't know what a Head Coach is accountable/responsible for then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm tired of being told to swallow a shit sandwich with a smile. We haven't had a winning season since 2003. I'm not going to be patient. Put in Mannion. Win. And I'll change my mind. Until then, I want him gone. I'm not going to sit here and be content with a coach that has not delivered us a single winning season in four years. Shit or get off the toilet.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Never said that.

Actually you did....or are you saying this was not from your post?

"A truly bad coach would be winless and have zero control of his players."

Starting to think you are not aware of what you type....

Yeah, and what happened after? Why is that being ignored? There were stretches where those teams were TERRIBLE. And in the Bengals case, multiple 4 and 5 win seasons.
mixed with playoff appearances...man you do ignore fact don't you.....

I'm not ignoring actual records. They won 7 games in 2012 and 2013 and 6 in 2014. That tie is neither/nor, but IMO the Rams outplayed SF that game and it is a win in *my* personal book. I don't care what you think about that.

oh is this book published somewhere? The fact is the tie is a tie...do you write your resume based on what you feel should have happened to you or what actually did...does it read 4.0 gpa because you don't count the grade in some class, cuase the teacher was mean?

What is it with this board lately and putting words in my mouth? It was an example. Jesus.

They are your words - choose them better.....

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The head scratcher with Fisher is that when he came on board, he boasted of a dream team of coaches that he was going to assemble to make up his staff. I'm down with Williams, but if Fisher is a defensive minded coach, why can't he get an offensive coordinator that is the dream team member he spoke about? @den-the-coach Ken Whisenhunt would be my choice.

We all knew that with this offensive line, and questions about Foles and Cignetti, that our offense had a potential to be awful, and we were right. That is on Fisher, but do you know what else is on Fisher? Our defense and our special teams is on Fisher as well. We really shouldn't forget about that.

Forget about the rest of this years schedule. I do not believe that Fisher is "coaching for his job" as everyone knows our offense is anemic right now. Get an offensive coordinator, get a QB, and let the line get experience and hopefully pan out. If this happens, we are going to be a force.

Coach isn't going anywhere.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's gotten worse each year? That's not true. It's stayed the same his first 2 years (FTR that tie in 2012 was and still is a W in my book; Brandon Gibson being called was bullcrap) and a whopping 1 game less b/c of going from Sam Bradford to Shaun Hill/Austin Davis in addition to other injuries. You can't tell me that Jeff Fisher won't succeed with at the very least healthy personnel that do their job like catch a freakin football that falls right in their hands?

Also, I'm done with this thread now. I think I made my points pretty clear. I don't think he deserves to go.
The "mob wanting them to be fired" and 4 straight losing seasons being justifable termination are 2 different things.
I dont know of another coach who was given the opportunity to come back after 4 straight losing seasons, particularly when the team record got worse each year.
if there's an example of such, I'd love to see it.

Coach isn't going anywhere.
Well, I sure am interested to see how apt Kroenke is to give Fisher an extension after this year, as protocol would dictate. And if Fisher would in fact accept a 1 year deal or look for longer term. Coaches dont usually coach the final (lame duck) year of contract