Shotty called a good game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He did good today, gotta give him credit where due. We shall see if he can keep it up.

V3

Hall of Fame
I thought it was a solid game by Schotty but I think Davis saved it. The O-line looked bad on many plays and Davis ended up salvaging most of them with his ability to move and also step into the pressure.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
The O-Line should get some credit too. Davis had the time to throw at the end when it counted....

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Good play calling, but obviously, execution is the key. I'm proud of the way this team rallied around a 3rd string QB and never gave up. Other than a few plays on both sides of the ball, this team played well. We will only get better.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I thought it was a solid game by Schotty but I think Davis saved it. The O-line looked bad on many plays and Davis ended up salvaging most of them with his ability to move and also step into the pressure.
Kinda what a qb gets paid to do right?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I guess folks don't mind Tavon running between the tackles when it's a win. I hated Schotty much of last year for his puss coast offense infatuations, but so far I have liked his game 1 and game 2 this season. Fisher's goal is to win 13-10 so I can't blame Schottenheimer for the FG instead of TD mentality. I think despite that Schotty is finally being more aggressive and creative.

V3

Hall of Fame
Kinda what a qb gets paid to do right?
The stepping into the pressure, sure. Not all QB's can be mobile enough to save plays with his feet, though. Most of the time when the O-line messes up like they did today, the play is DOA. Davis saved many plays with his feet and pocket awareness.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know if the play calling was better. Execution certainly was. Some solid run blocking by Saffold. Wells and Joseph continued to struggle at times in pass protection. McDonald certainly gets a game ball.
Austin throws some sucks out there but showed good poise and managed not to turn it over. Happy for him.

fearsomefour

Legend
if it wasnt for a 10 sec run off. People would be alot more pissed off at the last set of downs of going for the FG instead of the TD.
Agreed. Rams got lucky. I understand the approach.
O was better still a ways to go.
Dallas' D isent as bad as suspected and the Rams will need to score to beat Dallas.
Murray just terrifies me for next week.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Schotty is a solid OC, he's no Mike Martz but he can call a good game. What i feel the biggest issue with the coaching staff is they're so agonizingly slow when it comes to making adjustments

jdhommert

Rookie
Id bet Fisher called for those 3 runs to burn the bucs timeouts. Just glad it all ended well for the good guys.
Yep. You had to make sure to burn their timeouts, totally ok with doing what he did.

I always used to be so anti prevent defense where teams just give teams free completions etc etc...but after learning a lot more about football and especially listening to Fisher talk about it.... It works almost all the time. Worked this time too.

jdhommert

Rookie
Also I think Schotty was good today. I thought that throughout the game..using tavon in the swing or whatever that play was..good amount of pass/run etc

tons of games he just has shown the inability to make adjustments and blah blah...

I guess players executed this game so he didn't have to deviate from his original plan, which looked good to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Give it up for Shotty kept em guessing
Agreed. There was only one head scratcher for me today. That early 3rd and short that should have been a run or PA. It was odd.

All in all though he called a good game. He had a feel for the rhythm of the game and stuck with the run. Also liked that he didn't appear to shrink the playbook too much for Davis.

BadCompany

Rookie
I have no problems with the three runs and the field goal either. I mean geez, if you can't rely on your supposedly ace defense to stop a mediocre offense with no timeouts, less than 40 seconds to go, and an entire field to march down then why the heck have a defense??

IF the Bucs had of kicked the winning field goal there the loss would have been on Williams. Not Schotty. Those runs were the right calls, in my opinion. Two incomplete passes and Tampa would have had two more timeouts at the end. And thats assuming the unthinkable doesn't happen and your third string QB doesn't throw a pick in the end zone. There are times to gamble, but I dont think that was one of them.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
if it wasnt for a 10 sec run off. People would be alot more pissed off at the last set of downs of going for the FG instead of the TD.
And had they gone for the touchdown and ggot intercepted you would have ssomethingto say aabout that can we not be happy within this win

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
We really looked soft at LB again. And I can't believe that this Oline isn't better than it is but a win is a win and maybe another week of practice will help?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One thing Schotty wasn't in this game was 'Predictable' and I Loved it!!

LooNaTik83

Whether or not Schotty or his kronies read these boards. I commend them, great game total 180 from last week. But it's only gonna get harder. Keep it interesting.