Shot-gun snaps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Anyone else notice how we've had a lot of miscue's on the shotgun snaps?! Jared's done an awesome job handing the miscue's, especially on the one where he did like a shuffle pass for a TD. That one almost got a way from him but Goff made a very athletic save which resulted in a score!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Goff played his entire college career in the Shotgun. He's very comfortable there.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Goff played his entire college career in the Shotgun. He's very comfortable there.

He's also did an excellent job debunking the misconception that he'll falter when taking snaps under center

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's also did an excellent job debunking the misconception that he'll falter when taking snaps under center
In all fairness that wasn’t a misconception because he definitely did but just like everything else he has gotten better at it. He still struggles at it sometimes like when he tripped over his own foot that caused a sack. McVay has done an excellent job of masking the things he isn’t comfortable with doing to take a lot off his plate so he can just play. We see the result of that week in and week out

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Goff was trying too hard to succeed. Too much pressure. The game has slowed for him it appears to me. I think Coach McVay helped him feel more relaxed. My bigger concerns are how will he play in the cold and wet. I think that will be the test for Jared. However, he's a determined man. I expect he will be just fine.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I can't remember who it was but a QB coach was interviewed about that and essentially said that a QB can learn how to take snaps from under center in 15 minutes. He completely rejected the theory that it takes QB's time and that it's hard to learn.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I can't remember who it was but a QB coach was interviewed about that and essentially said that a QB can learn how to take snaps from under center in 15 minutes. He completely rejected the theory that it takes QB's time and that it's hard to learn.
I think there is something to the getting used to under center. Under center the QB has to take his eyes off the secondary before he turns around and finds his receivers. Shotgun, not so much. So it does take some getting used to. The pre snap read becomes important and the fact that the defensive coverage could change by the time the QB turns around. The act of taking a snap is no big deal after you get used to snuggling up to a dude's big fat ass. It's taking the eyes off of the defense that takes getting used to.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think has looked mostly great under center this year....except for once or twice. ...but he has gotten his fakes down really well....and I think looks fantastic at everything he has done....it will be interesting today..... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

It was a college Spread coach justifying the college game as a producer of passing QB's and dismissing the obvious challenging transition that college passers have as they move to the NFL.

Disagree big time

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I think has looked mostly great under center this year....except for once or twice. ...but he has gotten his fakes down really well....and I think looks fantastic at everything he has done....it will be interesting today..... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

Massive improvement in year 2