Shockwave Flash

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is there an alternative to this piece of crap? My OS is Linux Mint and 100% of the time when the pc freezes it's traced back to Shockwave Flash. On the average this happens three or four times a day.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using a browser called Chromium. Firefox is too slow and bloated for Linux Mint, at least in my case. I'm using an old Dell pc but I also have an AMD that still has Firefox and Windows XP which the wife only uses when she's home on the weekends. They're connected by a router. I plan to change the OS on that one to Linux Mint sooner than later.

I used a very old version of Firefox for awhile but it wouldn't allow the playing of videos and had zero support but it sure was faster than the newer versions.

Linux Mint is an improvement over Windows. There's a bit of a learning curve but it's good not to have to deal with constant updates due to viruses.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Flash crashes occasionally for me, but most of the time I have no issue.

Chromium? Do you mean Google Chrome? If so, that's what I use as well.

Windows 7; I7 processor.

Best bet is to update everything. And stop using XP, I know it was a great OS but the updates have stopped and it's even more prone to viruses.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Flash crashes occasionally for me, but most of the time I have no issue.

Chromium? Do you mean Google Chrome? If so, that's what I use as well.

Windows 7; I7 processor.

Best bet is to update everything. And stop using XP, I know it was a great OS but the updates have stopped and it's even more prone to viruses.

It's called Chromium and is specifically for Linux users. It's source code is the same as Chrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)

Yes, the other pc will be switched over to Linux and soon.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I had that issue forever in Chrome on a PC with window 7. An update of chrome cured it for me.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Basically having the latest flash, browsers, and operating system updates is where I'd start.

I'm a windows whore.