Sherman's Mmbq Article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

dfgdg.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think he's full of crap. Maybe he's smart, but I'd wager that it was his athletic ability that got him into Stanford.
That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.
I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
What did Kaepernick have to do with Crabtree shoving him?
It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that.
Then why bring it up? Passive aggressive much?
When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven
Bull and shit.
If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.
Nice insult to every team they've played so far.

Smart, thug, humanitarian, whatever, he's still an asshole.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have a Masters degree. I don't understand the Yank GPA thing but I busted out A's repeatedly. I get on with it.

Smart people can be assholes too.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram living in a closet:
I'm working toward a Master's in Environmental Science, specializing in environmental management. Haven't graduated yet (end of the year), but my cumulative GPA to date is 3.7.

It's not about grades and what letter he gets on a piece of paper.

It's about how he handles himself. The NFL is full of dumb players but I've never seen one that is so damn adamant about screaming to the world how he's the best at his position.
Let me just say this: "I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee."
They got this interview when his whole body was jam packed with adrenaline after having just made the game winning play. It's not what I'd have said but then again none of us will ever make that game saving play to get into the SB so who knows what I'd (or you) would say in those circumstances. The hyperbole surrounding what he said is so overblown that I'm just amazed. Not about the media's reaction because that's to be expected. No, I'm amazed at the comments I hear on a forum that consists of so many intelligent people.
I realize he's a Seahag but what's up with all the denigrating comments about his intelligence? Not only did he get a masters degree at Stanford, he did it while possibly not scoring that well on his SATs. This is taken by some to mean that he must have cheated or been "given" those grades. What it says to me is that the guy put in an incredible amount of work and effort to overcome his short comings (if any). Just the fact that he went for his master's says volumes to me. It's not what got you into Stanford, it's what you did with the opportunity that counts IMO.

Don't you think so?

Last edited by a moderator:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think he is a good cover guy but not that great in run support, it may be their scheme but I still want to see my defensive guys playing run and pass. As far as getting in to Stanford that is an accomplishment in itself, whether or not he had help because of his football abilities who knows. It seems player students get a lot of help because of the money they bring in to the universities. I have heard he does some nice things in the community as we all should to our abilities.

All of those things do not excuse him for what he pulled at the end of that game. I really don't ever remember an opposing player going after a guy like he did trying to "congratulate" the other player before the end of the game. It was not genuine, it was just trying to show Crabtree up. And then his rant when Andrews "interviewed" him, a selfish me first guy that took away from a good team win to promote himself and his 1 play.

Last thing if he thought that was a BS holding call he should have been getting Jenkins treatment all year.

Exactly. He exemplifies everything that I teach my young kids not to be when it comes to sportsmanship. Nobody likes a Loud mouth Braggart. Some believe that he is self promoting but what company is going to want someone that makes most of the country so uncomfortable, representing their Brand? His plan does not seem so smart.

Intelligence is measured in more ways than just grades. I have encountered many people that have good grades because they have good memories, but I am amazed at their inability to reason simple ideas. Also emotional intelligence comes into play. Sherman lasted to round 5 in the draft because of his character. Is he not intelligent enough to realize that character matters and that it cost him a couple million? H really doesn't seem so smart to me. He has a huge chip on his shoulder. That kind of mantra never comes across as intelligent.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
They got this interview when his whole body was jam packed with adrenaline after having just made the game winning play. It's not what I'd have said but then again none of us will ever make that game saving play to get into the SB so who knows what I'd (or you) would say in those circumstances. The hyperbole surrounding what he said is so overblown that I'm just amazed. Not about the media's reaction because that's to be expected. No, I'm amazed at the comments I hear on a forum that consists of so many intelligent people.
I realize he's a Seahag but what's up with all the denigrating comments about his intelligence? Not only did he get a masters degree at Stanford, he did it while possibly not scoring that well on his SATs. This is taken by some to mean that he must have cheated or been "given" those grades. What it says to me is that the guy put in an incredible amount of work and effort to overcome his short comings (if any). Just the fact that he went for his master's says volumes to me. It's not what got you into Stanford, it's what you did with the opportunity that counts IMO.

Don't you think so?

That^^. I hate the guy, but he is not an idiot, and more importantly, he is an amazing player. If he were on our team, most of us would change our tune quite a bit. I would bet good money that he wrote that piece all by himself also.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Don't you think so?

Who is questioning his intelligence? You don't need to be a genius to be classy.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram protesting that he's wrongly accused:
Who is questioning his intelligence? You don't need to be a genius to be classy.
Sorry Angry, the only part of this that's directed at you is my answer to the bolded part of your post that I quoted. The rest is directed towards this whole thread.

I got a little preachy there didn't I? :oops:

Angry Ram

Sorry Angry, the only part of this that's directed at you is my answer to the bolded part of your post that I quoted. The rest is directed towards this whole thread.

I got a little preachy there didn't I? :oops:

Nah don't worry about it. Countless players make game winning plays in big games. I have not heard a single player do what Richard Sherman did. It just doesn't happen.

Also side note: SAT/ACT tests are so pointless. No standardized test could ever accurately measure intellect.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram continued:
Also side note: SAT/ACT tests are so pointless. No standardized test could ever accurately measure intellect.
I agree with the bolded part. Many colleges no longer require SAT or ACT scores for admission.

I disagree that it's pointless. The SAT test is not an IQ test and thus is not designed to measure intelligence. It is designed to measure general knowledge levels and is designed to save the student from wasting his money and the college from wasting their time. Failure to score high enough on the test is often an indicator that they didn't learn enough in HS to have success in college. A person can, and is often required, to take remedial courses to correct their lack of knowledge. In addition, hard work can overcome these deficiencies but that's usually not successful which is why they invented the SAT in the first place.

I'll add my own side note: I also don't think IQ tests are a good measure of intelligence in that they are frequently jam packed with knowledge questions.

Angry Ram

I agree with the bolded part. Many colleges no longer require SAT or ACT scores for admission.

I wish I knew about these colleges.

I disagree that it's pointless. The SAT test is not an IQ test and thus is not designed to measure intelligence.

Yeah I think I messed up my wording RE intellect. You are right they aren't IQ test. But I disagree with your disagreement of my pointlessness....

It is designed to measure general knowledge levels and is designed to save the student from wasting his money and the college from wasting their time. Failure to score high enough on the test is often an indicator that they didn't learn enough in HS to have success in college. A person can, and is often required, to take remedial courses to correct their lack of knowledge. In addition, hard work can overcome these deficiencies but that's usually not successful which is why they invented the SAT in the first place.

Well I can argue about that. I took the ACT THREE times. No score higher than a 25. That's just an "OK" score in my book. Yet I graduated top 15% in my high school class, had a 3.5ish GPA (it was around there), and was accepted to Sam Bradford's alma mater @ Oklahoma. Some transferring and applying later, here I am 11 months away from a Master's. I don't think the ACT measured my general knowledge. And the science portion isn't even real science...it's a glorified reading comprehension section.

I'll add my own side note: I also don't think IQ tests are a good measure of intelligence in that they are frequently jam packed with knowledge questions.

Agree but now we're getting off a tangent here. Richard Sherman is still an annoying loudmouth.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram mistakenly thinking there's something else to talk about:
I wish I knew about these colleges.

Yeah I think I messed up my wording RE intellect. You are right they aren't IQ test. But I disagree with your disagreement of my pointlessness....

Well I can argue about that. I took the ACT THREE times. No score higher than a 25. That's just an "OK" score in my book. Yet I graduated top 15% in my high school class, had a 3.5ish GPA (it was around there), and was accepted to Sam Bradford's alma mater @ Oklahoma. Some transferring and applying later, here I am 11 months away from a Master's. I don't think the ACT measured my general knowledge. And the science portion isn't even real science...it's a glorified reading comprehension section.

Agree but now we're getting off a tangent here. Richard Sherman is still an annoying loudmouth.

It's a little too late for you but there's a comprehensive list of colleges and universities that don't require the SAT in one of those sites I gave the URLs for in my earlier post.

I can't talk intelligently about the ACT test because I know nothing about it and have never taken it but I'll take your word for it. I have taken the SAT test and I'll stand by my description of it and my opinion of its value in determining your likely outcome in college. Like I said earlier though, hard work can overcome most obstacles.

As for Sherman, I share your opinion of him.

Going off on tangents is what I'm good at. Especially in the evening. :heh: