Shaun Hill on Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's not my point at all.
Please tell me what is your point?
I simply don't like calling a player that has been in the NFL for over a decade, has made teams and started when necessary, that he sucks. It's flat out insulting.
Shaun Hill has played 8 NFL seasons. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillSh00.htm He's really only played two seasons (2008 & 2009) and the more he played the worse his QB rating became. If you wanna defend him, go ahead. If you don't like my description, my use of the adjective or my tone just address that. Don't defend the player that really doesn't deserve it. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/player/shaun-hill/careerstats/106050?q=shaun-hill & as you can tell, I have no problem calling out players that can't play....Like Shaun Hill, don't know what to tell you. Were you the fan that pulled for Craig Dahl?
And again, it's what he has off the field; knowledge, somewhat coaching, etc. of the game.
Off the field? He doesn't know the offense any better than Gilbert, and he damn sure can't help Sam Bradford. That's what coach Sig is for...The QB coach....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Off the field? He [Shaun Hill] doesn't know the offense any better than Gilbert, and he damn sure can't help Sam Bradford. That's what coach Sig is for...The QB coach....
I strongly disagree with that. He may not know this *particular* offense better than Gilbert, but his knowledge of NFL route trees and NFL defenses is miles ahead of Gilbert's. And he can absolutely help Bradford in many, many ways. Hill's experience in this league is like another set of eyes for Bradford. In the same way Bradford lauded Clemens' ability to point out things in a defense that he otherwise didn't see, Hill's going to be able to offer the same assistance. Gilbert can't do any of that right now.

Now none of that is to say that your opinion of Hill is irrelevant. I'm just addressing that one minor point.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we'd all love Gilbert to get up to speed as fast as possible, and maybe become the #2 next year. Him becoming the #2 this year though, with his utter lack of experience in pro style offenses, would mean that the Rams were in a world of hurt and forced to promote him. But it'd be great if he were pushing Hill by the end of the year, maybe even getting playing time when the Rams are up over the Niners by 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, that sort of thing.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and here we go,,, ROD's version of RamsTalk..... all it takes is to post something about Bradford, and just sit back and watch the "you're not a real Rams fan" BS starts. I guess it doesn't matter where its posted. GEEZ!
I've noticed, somewhat recently, on many posts, lots of crap slinging. Someone will post "The sky is blue" and there's a hater replying saying it's purple and why the other person is wrong (or maybe taken out of context and no harm was meant). It's been a long wait for the Rams to play again, maybe these are just the dog days of summer and we are all a little edgy?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
TE="LACHAMP46, post: 360136, member: 876"]so, you figure taking snaps is, like, a really difficult task to master?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is, given how much players who come up in those systems struggle. He did say something about this in an article that was posted here somewhere.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Shaun Hill is a decent backup QB. He sure as heck knows how to play QB in any situation better than Gilbert.

Many men have been in the game for just as long or even longer, and can't play...if he's so good, why hasn't he ever started? I'd rather have a back-up, at any position that one day hopes to start. And works hard to achieve this goal...Having a career back-up is hardly comforting, nor an ideal situation.....Because I'd prefer to see a hungry & eager Gilbert win the #2 makes me the bad guy, fine. I said the same about Clemens for 2 years. NOW all of a sudden, they get rid of him...Wonder why? Hell, if they wanted a backup, go for someone that really wants to win too...and has proven it.

We don't know whether Gilbert is any more hungry than Hill. And Shaun has PROVEN more than most backup QBs. Which is what just about what everyone on the planet sees Gilbert's career path as being.
Never have understood the whole "falling in love with the camp 3rd stringer" mentality. From everything I've read on this forum from people watching camp, he's nowhere near even being talked about as unseating Hill.

Just for comparison's sake.

Hill
34 games started
6,400 yards
41 TD, 23 int
85.9 QB rating

Colin Kap
32 games
5,046 yrds
31tds
11ints
93.8 rating

I don't see Jeff Fisher thinking much on replacing Hill.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill was given a one year contract - I don't know if that was his choice, thinking he could get one more 2 year contract next year, or the Rams' choice. But they will need to either resign him, promote Gilbert, or sign another #2 next season.

It wouldn't shock me if they were hoping somebody would fall to them earlier in the draft, somebody more likely to be ready next season, hence the short contract to Hill. In any case, a decision will need to be made after the season. But until then Hill is the clear #2 - Gilbert is an intriguing but very raw developmental guy, who is not even guaranteed a roster spot yet.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True, but he was asked a question directly. Look, lets not argue over something this trivial. Football is back!
You don't have to believe it!!!
As Long as Bradford & The Rams believe it, then it is all good.

I'm a old Rams Fan, & I believe all my sisters & me, because We are Family.

--Truth is S. Hill is a good guy for Sam Bradford to have in the film room. He will tell Sammy what is up. I could have put Sam & locker room.What's upppp ;-) Got to love them Rammers. Nothing like bumping horns.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
They'll either resign Hill and have him compete with Gilbert next year for #2, or they'll draft a high round QB next year.

Depends on how much, and how well, Bradford plays.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Having seen the entire interview that has the Bradford is an "unbelievable talent" comment in it I will say I think Shaun Hill is sincere. Feel free to disagree but I don't think he pulled it from his tush. Hill is entitled to an opinion. He wasn't asked if Bradford was talented just his thoughts on Bradford.

You can watch the interview on the Rams app.