Shaun Hill on Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My son is a Lions fan (I know, I know). If memory serves Hill generally is the ideal backup....in other words he usually says very little and keeps himself out of the news. I believe what he is saying here. He is enough of a pro that if he thought Bradford was in trouble or he was going to get playing time he would keep his mouth shut. Very glad we signed Hill. Very good addition.
I think you are correct,I think the magnitude of his comment was pretty genuine and in this case I take the guy at his word. It occurred to me that he could be just bein' PC about it and the questioner threw a fastball at his head,whoever it was I didn't notice a name attached to the question.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm in the, what was he supposed to say club. Plus Hill sucks....I'm hoping Gilbert can win this #2 position at QB......And I fully expect Sam to play the whole year....JMO

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm in the, what was he supposed to say club. Plus Hill sucks....I'm hoping Gilbert can win this #2 position at QB......And I fully expect Sam to play the whole year....JMO
Hill is a solid NFL QB. Gilbert has zero chance of unseating him.
Signing hill gives the Rams their best QB situation in years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Cmon Coach please dont try and draw any parallels to us and RamsTalk..

Sticky subjects can still be talked about as long as they remain civil.
My guess is there's Nothing 'Ttivial' when Rams Fans start talking about Rams football! :D

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hey man the "sucks word" is kinda unappreciated bout team members round these parts, just sayin'.

Have you seen Gilbert in practice or is that a second hand impression cuz even though I'm pretty sure Davis is history ,he's listed 3 and Gilbert is 4. Aside that ,no way Fisher turns this team over to a rookie instead of a guy with the number of starts Hill has in the unfortunate case Sam can't answer the bell UNTIL we were mathematically eliminated ,OR Hill did suck:ROFLMAO:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey man the "sucks word" is kinda unappreciated bout team members round these parts, just sayin'.

Have you seen Gilbert in practice or is that a second hand impression cuz even though I'm pretty sure Davis is history ,he's listed 3 and Gilbert is 4. Aside that ,no way Fisher turns this team over to a rookie instead of a guy with the number of starts Hill has in the unfortunate case Sam can't answer the bell UNTIL we were mathematically eliminated ,OR Hill did suck:ROFLMAO:
My bad. Doesn't inspire confidence in his play, how's that? I saw Gilbert a couple years ago in a bowl game. McCoy got hurt, and Gilbert came in and did a fine job in a close loss. Think it was to Bama or somebody. The next year he had a lil trouble, then transferred.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"So-called" fans of Bradford or "So-called" fans of the Rams?
If somebody doesn't love Bradford does that mean they're not "real" Rams fans?

Just curious.
photo.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend

Hopefully both Davis and Gilbert get time vs the Saints. I the competition here is whether Gilbert is relegated to the practice squad or not.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Um, the guy has been in the league for 14 seasons. He'll never be a superstar, hell even a starter, but he has great knowledge of the game and is a decent backup. Other young QBs have come and gone. It's a little insulting say someone who's been in the pros that long that he "sucks."

AZRamsFan93

I can't speak for @RFIP but I have never been able to understand how a fan of the team cannot be a fan of the man. JMO...
We all root for our players to succeed.

Players, do however, come and go, but the "Horns Remain The Same".

Once a player leaves the Rams (like SJ39) I could care less what they do. I am a fan of the team, and that goes beyond the player. If I feel the player is not a net positive to the success of the team then I will advocate getting rid of them.

That is NOT the situation with Sam. He is our QB and I want nothing more than for him to have an awesome year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just me... I take everything the coaches and players say in TC with a grain of salt.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Once a player leaves the Rams (like SJ39) I could care less what they do. I am a fan of the team, and that goes beyond the player. If I feel the player is not a net positive to the success of the team then I will advocate getting rid of them.

That is NOT the situation with Sam. He is our QB and I want nothing more than for him to have an awesome year.
I agree with your sentiment here @AZfan93 but, and admittedly not so much here as at other places, I do see posts that don't seem to support your statement. I simply don't understand how a Ram fan can "not like" Bradford or C. Long, or Laurinitis, etc. That just doesn't make sense to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
34 games started
6,400 yards
41 TD, 23 int
85.9 QB rating

Major upgrade over Clemons (who I did like), Boller, Quinn, Davis or anyone else not named Sam who has played QB for the Rams since Bulger went away.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

In most cases I agree on the when they leave, but if it's the team just shipping them out by playing hardball in contract talks or whatever I still admire some of the formers ,I rooted for Kurt in the playoffs ,London Fletcher,Holt, cried every time I saw Ike in red

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Um, the guy has been in the league for 14 seasons. He'll never be a superstar, hell even a starter, but he has great knowledge of the game and is a decent backup. Other young QBs have come and gone. It's a little insulting say someone who's been in the pros that long that he "sucks."
Many men have been in the game for just as long or even longer, and can't play...if he's so good, why hasn't he ever started? I'd rather have a back-up, at any position that one day hopes to start. And works hard to achieve this goal...Having a career back-up is hardly comforting, nor an ideal situation.....Because I'd prefer to see a hungry & eager Gilbert win the #2 makes me the bad guy, fine. I said the same about Clemens for 2 years. NOW all of a sudden, they get rid of him...Wonder why? Hell, if they wanted a backup, go for someone that really wants to win too...and has proven it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Guys just don't throw out the "unbelievable" word willy nilly. People like to keep their own credibility, I'd like to believe.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Many men have been in the game for just as long or even longer, and can't play...if he's so good, why hasn't he ever started? I'd rather have a back-up, at any position that one day hopes to start. And works hard to achieve this goal...Having a career back-up is hardly comforting, nor an ideal situation.....Because I'd prefer to see a hungry & eager Gilbert win the #2 makes me the bad guy, fine. I said the same about Clemens for 2 years. NOW all of a sudden, they get rid of him...Wonder why? Hell, if they wanted a backup, go for someone that really wants to win too...and has proven it.
Actually this will be his 9th season and he has 26 starts - 10 of which cam in the same season - playing for a pretty pathetic Lions team but still - if he was a starter we wouldn't have been able to get him. But he IS one of the better back-ups in the league and a step above what we have had in the past.