Shady Mccoy apparently lives up to his nickname

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I was a bartender, waiter, barback, etc. for most of my younger years so whenever I eat out, I usually tip around 25-30% when going out. If the service is amazing and the server was awesome, I'll go 40%. Remember once there was a group of us that wanted to do shots of the drink special, and instead of ringing up 6 shots, he rang up 3 drink specials to save us money and brought us the shots..Guy was also on point, never had to wait long, etc. Probably gave him $15 on 35

with all this being said, there has been service i received that was so bad I dam near walked out on the bill... Ironically this is also at the same restaurant which is the best sports bar in the area.. It was sit yourself seating in the bar area, we grabbed a table... She saw us a couple times too - took 10 minutes for her to greet us...we ordered a pitcher of beer...took 15 minutes to get that.. When we ordered the beer my buddy had mentioned ordering food - she didn't return for about 15-20 minutes, when we had finished the pitcher..After waiting that long, we decided to get another pitcher and food would probably take forever (and the place wasn't busy either, i've had better service on packed nights)..When she returned with the 2nd pitcher, I asked for the check, and she kinda copped an attitude..we were so disgusted with her service, and a little bit turned off by her attitude, I think we left a dollar each, or whatever the change would be from a dollar.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
$2.83 per hour, $2.13 per hour. Makes no difference. Servers make their money on tips, not hourly wages.
In an 8 hour shift, the server needs to make $36 in tips to get the owner off the hook. Big frickin deal. So as long as the other customers tip normal, McCoy is justified? Just ridiculous.
I waited on Tom Kelly and his family when I was a kid, and he was manager of the World Series winning Twins. I was nervous as heck and botched it. I dont remember the details, but I was a kid, and he was an adult still left a huge tip.

The server is making minimum wage either ways. That's what justifies it. That was nice of Tom Kelly but you also have to consider people from different backgrounds have different belief systems.

I don't know what the circumstances of McCoy were growing up but if he's from a family that didn't have much, it's very possible that he's going to be more willing to stiff a waiter who he feels performed poorly than someone who grew up in different circumstances. I have friends who were the first in their family to go to college and they tended to be a lot more stingy in terms of tipping than the people I knew who came from families with three or more generations of college graduates.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The server is making minimum wage either ways. That's what justifies it. That was nice of Tom Kelly but you also have to consider people from different backgrounds have different belief systems.

I don't know what the circumstances of McCoy were growing up but if he's from a family that didn't have much, it's very possible that he's going to be more willing to stiff a waiter who he feels performed poorly than someone who grew up in different circumstances. I have friends who were the first in their family to go to college and they tended to be a lot more stingy in terms of tipping than the people I knew who came from families with three or more generations of college graduates.
Bottom line is that servers make their living off of tips, and he didnt contribute. It's lame

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line is that servers make their living off of tips, and he didnt contribute. It's lame

Shouldn't have to if he received poor service and/or attitude. The server is going to get minimum wage if he doesn't make it there off tips. So he's not denying the guy minimum wage or anything.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that I don't know the circumstances and if he did receive poor service, I don't judge him for tipping poorly.

Would anyone be offended if it were a person making $25,000 a year that gave the waiter such a poor tip after poor service?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would anyone be offended if it were a person making $25,000 a year that gave the waiter such a poor tip after poor service?

Absolutely. I never said McCoy could afford to give him a tip because of how much money he made.
I think that the idea of leaving a bad tip or none at all with the reasoning that the server gets minimum wage is pretty lame as well. Servers make their living off of tips, they're not working for minimum wage. Imagine in anyone's profession that their personal income could be less for a day as long as they're getting minimum wage? Yeah, that wouldnt fly
Bottom line for me is that I cant imagine that the kid gave service anywhere near deserved of being stiffed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely. I never said McCoy could afford to give him a tip because of how much money he made.
I think that the idea of leaving a bad tip or none at all with the reasoning that the server gets minimum wage is pretty lame as well. Servers make their living off of tips, they're not working for minimum wage. Imagine in anyone's profession that their personal income could be less for a day as long as they're getting minimum wage? Yeah, that wouldnt fly
Bottom line for me is that I cant imagine that the kid gave service anywhere near deserved of being stiffed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

Servers do make their living off tips. But there are safeguards in place to make sure they receive AT LEAST the minimum wage.