"Several Teams" Interested in Nick Foles/Rams have fielded trade offers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Send him to the Eagles, they seem to like collecting expensive QBs

I'm Pretty sure the boat has sailed with regard to Foles and the Eagles getting together again...Of course that was certainly a blue font post ???

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn

LYQzE0Z.gif

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't want the Rams to get nothing for Foles - at least not yet. The Rams need a vet besides Keenum in training camp, or at least it would be better to have one, in case something happens to Case, or there is another injury.

Now, if a team wants to give the Rams something vaguely worthwhile for Foles, that's different.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What about this?

A player for player trade. Foles for a WR that we think just might be able to contribute in '16?

The other team gets an inexpensive vet backup QB and we get a vet second tier WR from a WR deep team that might help us through this season.

I mean, what do we have to lose, anyway?

We're gonna have QB's coming out our ears and a screaming need at WR if we don't do something.

I'll bet Snead has got feelers out as we speak. This could be done before, during, or after the draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is why I doubt most media reports....just used to shock the audience....

Ram210

UDFA
The Rams will accept a six-pack of beer for Foles and it doesn't even have to be cold!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I know it's shocking, but I'm sure that are plenty of teams willing to correlate our current history of quarterback success with an overall inability to manifest a successful offensive game plan.

So there you have it, if it's true that he'd only cost a team 2 million due to the nature of the contract, a coach or coordinator may well be interested in a low cost trade for Foles.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What about this?

A player for player trade. Foles for a WR that we think just might be able to contribute in '16?

The other team gets an inexpensive vet backup QB and we get a vet second tier WR from a WR deep team that might help us through this season.

I mean, what do we have to lose, anyway?

We're gonna have QB's coming out our ears and a screaming need at WR if we don't do something.

I'll bet Snead has got feelers out as we speak. This could be done before, during, or after the draft.

Me likey this idea.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I still think he'd be a good fit in Dallas.
A QB that has starting experiance along with some success.
He can continue to develop behind Romo. Spot start as needed.

I say Foles and a 4th for a Dallas 3rd. Heck, maybe throw in another of our late rnd picks as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't want the Rams to get nothing for Foles - at least not yet. The Rams need a vet besides Keenum in training camp, or at least it would be better to have one, in case something happens to Case, or there is another injury.

Now, if a team wants to give the Rams something vaguely worthwhile for Foles, that's different.
I think you nailed it here, however the longer the Rams keep him, the more likely they will be cutting him thus lowering his trade value

If I was Snead, I'd be on the phone with the Patriots. You're not going to find a less expensive veteran option to have behind Garroplo for the 1st 4 games and they have to know Brady wont get off again.
Heck, swap him for Danny Amendola while we're at it

RAMBUSH

Starter
ME: This smells like a "leak" to Schefter. I doubt the market is that great for Foles and that it will only materialize on the 3rd day of the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/report-several-teams-interested-in-nick-foles/

The Rams are going to add a quarterback on Thursday night with the first pick of the draft.

They may delete one from the roster before the week is out as well. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that “several teams” are interested in acquiring Foles.

Foles was acquired in the trade with the Eagles forSam Bradford last year and signed an extension with the Rams in August before opening the season as the Rams’ starter. Foles did not play well in 11 starts before giving way to Case Keenum, however, and the Rams also have 2015 third-round pick Sean Mannion on the depth chart.

With Keenum running ahead of Foles as a possibility to start if Jared Goff, who looks like he will be the Rams’ choice on Thursday, isn’t ready to go at the start of the season, moving Foles would give the Rams the chance to add a draft pick after sending several to the Titans in the trade for the first pick.

The Broncos and Jets are currently without surefire starters, although the market for Foles may tilt more toward teams looking for backups after he flopped last season.
God, i will never understand why we gave foles so much . He never proved himself .

lockdnram21

Legend
I think you nailed it here, however the longer the Rams keep him, the more likely they will be cutting him thus lowering his trade value

If I was Snead, I'd be on the phone with the Patriots. You're not going to find a less expensive veteran option to have behind Garroplo for the 1st 4 games and they have to know Brady wont get off again.
Heck, swap him for Danny Amendola while we're at it
Not for danny