Seven Takeaways from the Rams 31-28 loss @ Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good write up Jake. I've read most of the work you've shared here. This piece is my favorite so far on the quality and content front.

Wondering if Gurley is battling concussion? Another point in the game he ran up to Case asking for play call and hit the wrong hole. Case played it cool and came up with positive yardage.

This truly is a game of inches. I thought Britt had the touchdown. Looked to be at the line. If he didn't the Ball should have been placed with nose of the football one millimeter from the chalk. Not a half yard out. A QB or RB dive with ball extended would have been another good call there.
As always I really appreciate the support! I will say that spot was horrible and if they spotted it correctly the Rams go QB sneak with Keenum because we did that with Bradford back when we played Minnesota in a close game and they folded him like an accordion. Keenum is tough as nails no doubt he QB sneaks that.

On the flip side I was concerned by Gurley but the more tape I watch I'm terrified. A defense that was absolutely mangled with injuries and he couldn't run more than Zack Zenner did against ours? Sorry but Gurley has got to get going or this could be time to play Benny Cunningham. I don't even want to make you guys feel worse but many times in this game he could have cut here or there and just missed holes he would have hit last year. Maybe concussion, maybe the stardom is getting to him, maybe we are overreacting bottom line is that can all go away with one of his games he had last year. If he comes out in London and carries the Rams to a 20 carry 140 yard game with 2 touchdowns and a key win over the gmen to go into the bye that will silence all of us.

However, another thing if Keenum continues to play this well without getting Gurley going that means he might actually be better than he looks. Keep in mind Keenum in preseason looked to have total control of the offense and perhaps he is past that rough patch. No idea, could be wrong but I wouldn't mind it if Keenum ended up being Kitna and Goff ended up being Palmer.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Would be interesting to mix up the RB position. I've been worried this season that I've seen TG try and run through people rather than avoid the contact.
It's worth mentioning he lost 10 pounds to get "faster" as he put it. Maybe he misses those 10 pounds haha

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I like your post and can agree with almost everything! Except when it comes to Williams, his problem is NOT with him being overly aggressive, It's with his "Bend don't Break" attitude at times! JMHO
Thanks DaveFan but like I think the Rams were Bend don't Break at one point and now they run pretty much an attacking 4-3 with tons of nickel looks and even some 3-4. I am worried Williams blitzes are killing our defensive line. I watched McDonald run into Hayes on accident and it caused Hayes to disengage an OLman he had beat. Another time I watched Ogletree blitz up the middle with both Barron and Forrest. You can't blitz every linebacker! I think Williams is doing the opposite of what he needs to. Lets take a step back a little bit and try to scheme so Troy Hill isn't getting picked on. However, another thing! E.J. Gaines under no circumstances should be playing on anyone other than Marvin Jones in that game.