SENIOR BOWL THREAD: Los Angeles Rams met with Tennessee cornerback Cam Sutton.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
If a thread has alreay been created please adjust Señor Mods

By: Bryan Kalbrosky | 4 hours ago

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...n-tennesse-volunteers-senior-bowl-mock-draft/

During the second day of Senior Week, Chase Goodbread from NFL.com reported the Los Angeles Rams met with Tennessee cornerback Cam Sutton.

Sutton has impressed at the Senior Bowl and looked good against Alabama’s OJ Howard, who is regarded as one of the top offensive prospects.

While a Mock Draft from Luke Easterling has Sutton in the fourth round, his stock might elevate during the senior bowl.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/824387385706315776

Another mock draft from Easterling has the Rams drafting CB Jourdan Lewis from Michigan.

As Turf Show Times noted, an NFL.com Mock Draft had Los Angeles selecting Clemson defensive back Cordrea Tankersley in the second round.

So it could be worth wondering whether or not the Rams are considering drafting a CB in the second round of the upcoming NFL Draft.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...ams-eastern-washington-cooper-kupp-nfl-draft/

Eastern Washington Eagles star wide receiver Cooper Kupp has recently elevated his draft stock. But could he sneak into the first round?

If Kupp continues to shine during his time at the Senior Bowl before the game on Saturday, he will continue to rise from earlier projections. For fans of the Los Angeles Rams that want a big playmaker, Kupp could be the best wideout in the draft.

Rams need to focus on wide receiver in second round of 2017 NFL Draft

We wrote earlier about why the Rams should target a wide receiver in the second round.

While the fan favorite pick might be hometown hero JuJu Smith-Schuster out of USC, one sleeper could be Kupp. If Kenny Britt walks in free agency, the Rams will desperately need a No. 1 receiver for the foreseeable future.

Here’s what Matt Miller wrote about Kupp yesterday (via Bleacher Report):

“My pick to be a riser this week, Kupp’s precise routes and strong hands make him the best receiver invited to the Senior Bowl. With his burst up the field and strength as a runner with the ball in his hands, Kupp might sneak into Round 1.”

Kupp was also listed in the Top 50 Draft Prospects by Daniel Jeremiah from NFL.com.

If he continues to show moments like this when he exposed Desmond King yesterday, he may continue to rise even higher.

The question becomes whether or not Kupp will even be available for the Rams in the early second round of the NFL Draft.

Los Angeles obviously doesn’t have a first-round selection due to the Jared Goff trade last season. While the Philadelphia Eagles also need a top target receiver for Carson Wentz, they have a pick in the first round.

Rams should target wide receiver Isaiah Ford in 2nd round of NFL Draft

With that pick, the Eagles can select Mike Williams — who is generally regarded as the best receiver in the draft — even though Kupp seems to want to play in Philly.

Other wide receivers that could go first include John Ross (Washington), Corey Davis (Western Michigan) and Dede Westbrook (Oklahoma).

View: https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/824322069362049028

Ultimately, Miller projected this morning that Kupp will get selected in the second round of the draft.

If the Rams want a fantastic route runner with huge hands that rarely drops passes, Kupp could be the best suitor for the job.

The biggest question, however, is whether or not he will be available for Los Angeles in the second round.

Here’s what Matt Miller wrote about Kupp yesterday (via Bleacher Report):

“My pick to be a riser this week, Kupp’s precise routes and strong hands make him the best receiver invited to the Senior Bowl. With his burst up the field and strength as a runner with the ball in his hands, Kupp might sneak into Round 1.”

Kupp was also listed in the Top 50 Draft Prospects by Daniel Jeremiah from NFL.com.

If he continues to show moments like this when he exposed Desmond King yesterday, he may continue to rise even higher.
***************************************************************************************************
Can we get one of those please?I have no use for
receivers who struggle catching.Give me another
Ike over a TO type anyday.Precision routes and good hands.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They should be focusing on Tanoh Kpassagnon. That kid can play.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I was really excited about Kupp....AND then I saw him and said......OH KNOW
He is white
11016581_10200158161792813_2030611732_n.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
About time we take interest in players coming out of Tenn. They seem to have a good rep for defensive players. Snead really needs to clutch this year or its bye bye...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cupp won't be there now for our first pick. Personally I'd like Taywan Taylor, Artavius Scott or Travis Rudolph in the 4th.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
SeattleRam, a fellow fan on Twitter has been raving about Cupp for a long time since he lives in the region. I've never seen him play before, but in these SR Bowl reps he is roasting dudes! You ever see Quick turn a guy around like that?? I'd be all about him in the 2nd, but he's playing his way into the mid to late 1st IMO. Hopefully he runs a really slow 40 at the combine haha.
I'm still looking for that O line help early and often though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Long way to go tbh. But I do think they will be looking at big value at DE and CB with that round 2 pick. Hopefully wideout as well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They should be focusing on Tanoh Kpassagnon. That kid can play.
We definitely need a good DE, and Tanoh is on my radar!!! And WR-Kupp! I'm also looking at LB Ben Boulware from Clemson!!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If a thread has alreay been created please adjust Señor Mods

By: Bryan Kalbrosky | 4 hours ago

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...n-tennesse-volunteers-senior-bowl-mock-draft/

During the second day of Senior Week, Chase Goodbread from NFL.com reported the Los Angeles Rams met with Tennessee cornerback Cam Sutton.

Sutton has impressed at the Senior Bowl and looked good against Alabama’s OJ Howard, who is regarded as one of the top offensive prospects.

While a Mock Draft from Luke Easterling has Sutton in the fourth round, his stock might elevate during the senior bowl.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/824387385706315776

Another mock draft from Easterling has the Rams drafting CB Jourdan Lewis from Michigan.

As Turf Show Times noted, an NFL.com Mock Draft had Los Angeles selecting Clemson defensive back Cordrea Tankersley in the second round.

So it could be worth wondering whether or not the Rams are considering drafting a CB in the second round of the upcoming NFL Draft.

So do the geniuses in our personnel department even look at player production in their college career? Or do they just look at one work out and how often they go to the weight room?
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kirwan talked up Sutton, btw, pretty hard today. Discussed how the coaches loved his ability to cover, along with his projection to be FS and went on about how he was all over the field. Kid helped himself out a lot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why don't you like Sutton? I haven't seen him yet but he seems to be pretty highly regarded

Soft as a pillow. Doesn't want to hit. Even saw some plays where he purposefully took himself out of the play to avoid contact.

In coverage, he has a lot of talent, but I didn't feel like he did a great job of finding the ball. Did a nice job of getting in position but didn't get his hands on enough passes.

I don't think he's a strong enough player in coverage to make up for the pansy-ass shit he does as a run defender.

I'll post some videos tomorrow to demonstrate.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Why don't you like Sutton? I haven't seen him yet but he seems to be pretty highly regarded

I like Sutton real smooth cover corner, and one the best returners in the SEC, but he was hurt all year. Hoping he would fall to round 3 and be an option, but it looks like he is healthy a could be back in the round 2 range since he has impressed alot of people in the senior bowl

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Soft as a pillow. Doesn't want to hit. Even saw some plays where he purposefully took himself out of the play to avoid contact.

In coverage, he has a lot of talent, but I didn't feel like he did a great job of finding the ball. Did a nice job of getting in position but didn't get his hands on enough passes.

I don't think he's a strong enough player in coverage to make up for the pansy-ass crap he does as a run defender.

I'll post some videos tomorrow to demonstrate.

Ill agree he is not a great run defender, but I won't go as far as you would. Showed the willingness to play safety which is a more physical position. A lot of good corners in this draft. He is one i definitely wouldn't mind drafting.

I disagree though he is a definitely a strong cover corner. He had 13 pass break ups and 3 picks in 2014 then teams didn't throw at him 15. He was healthy all his career and had the unfortunate injury this year.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
With the number of wrs available in free agency I doubt WR is at the top of the list for the draft, but I would love it if they could get Corey Davis in the 2nd. doubt he lasts that long after all these pre draft workouts, but ill keep praying