Senior Bowl: S Bacarri Rambo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Holy shit that guy talks fast.
And he's fond of cliches apparently.
"The biggest room in the house is the room for improvement."

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
He was a pretty solid player and Rams would not go wrong with him. Very solid in all phases of the defensive game.

F. Mulder

Starter
I'm not a big college football fan and don't know much specifically about him except that he is getting a lot of mixed buzz from the "scouts" and other "insiders". All agree he is a physical specimen but some seem to be arguing that he is more athlete than instinctive football player.

Can anyone comment on this or provide more info (pro or con) on him?

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
F. Mulder said:
I'm not a big college football fan and don't know much specifically about him except that he is getting a lot of mixed buzz from the "scouts" and other "insiders". All agree he is a physical specimen but some seem to be arguing that he is more athlete than instinctive football player.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=FS

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
F. Mulder said:

I'm with you in that I don't watch a lot of college ball, but in that interview he himself says that he takes bad angles. So if *he* recognizes that, then I'm sure there's some legitimacy about his "cons." After a few years of watching bad angles, I'm hoping the Rams target someone who is fundamentally and technically sound.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bacarri Rambo is a lot like OJ Atogwe was in that he produces a lot of big plays and patrols the deep part of the field well but at the same time, he gives up a lot of big plays and is prone to some bad mistakes and bad angles. Also is not a physical in the box safety.

There are a few safeties that I'm more favorable towards.

Although he's not as adept at forcing fumbles as OJ was.

Vault 82

Rookie
So are the Rams looking more for a box safety or a ballhawk? I thought we needed an intercepting machine. :]

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vault 82 said:
So are the Rams looking more for a box safety or a ballhawk? I thought we needed an intercepting machine. :]

I don't want an interception machine if it comes at the cost of big plays and reliability. I want a great safety. It's really as simple as that to me. People get way too simplistic with these things. It's not a question of either or...why not have a guy who can do both?

I'll sacrifice a couple interceptions a year if that guy can do it all at safety and not give up big plays because of his errors.

Vault 82

Rookie
jrry32 said:
Vault 82 said:

I don't want an interception machine if it comes at the cost of big plays and reliability. I want a great safety. It's really as simple as that to me. People get way too simplistic with these things. It's not a question of either or...why not have a guy who can do both?

I'll sacrifice a couple interceptions a year if that guy can do it all at safety and not give up big plays because of his errors.

I know, I was legit asking. I'm assuming Dahl would be the one getting replaced. But doesn't he come up into the box? Or is that Mikell?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vault 82 said:
jrry32 said:
Vault 82 said:

I know, I was legit asking. I'm assuming Dahl would be the one getting replaced. But doesn't he come up into the box? Or is that Mikell?

I am assuming and kind of hoping that both are replaced. We need two guys who are more athletic and more suited for an all around game.

nighttrain

Legend
jrry32 said:
Vault 82 said:

if we cant cut Quinn and resign him cheaper, i think maybe we need two safeties..Even if Mikell comes back, getting two this year wouldnt be a bad idea.
train

F. Mulder

Starter
I guess the little I've read (and know) to me the safeties I am most intrigued by are Vacarro, Elam, and Sweiringer (sp).

I know a lot of fans loved OJ but he wasn't my favorite Ram and I didn't cry when he left. I worry about guys like Rambo and TJ Mcdonald from USC.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
F. Mulder said:
I know a lot of fans loved OJ but he wasn't my favorite Ram and I didn't cry when he left.

Yeah I was there with you. He made some exciting plays but wasn't really much more than a ball hawk. On the PD people crying when we wouldn't pay him top 5 money and lock him up long term. I liked him but... Guess we can ask skins fans how that all worked out for them.

I think Fish/Snead will be looking for that more complete safety. A good cover guy who can hit. Dahl is good for the hit but can't even cover a fullback in pass pro.

I also get the feeling that many of us are going to be in the chat room here batting zeros on what we thought the Rams would do with their picks. I remember last year, and I don't remember a single predictor being right on really anything. It's still fun to conjecture though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was never a big OJ fan either. He played too soft...period. That being said he was 10 times the player Craig Dahl is. I am just happy that this is a safety class that is perceived to be a good one. I hope we do nail one of the top guys.

I haven't picked my guy yet, but I know that McDonald isn't him. I have seen him play a bunch, and I don't rate him as a game changer. Rambo is my namesake, but I'm not sold on him either. I like Vacarro and Elam, but need to do more study. Vaccaro would be my favorite right now, he is an all-around gifted safety with size. He doesn't always take great angles, but has the speed to make up for it in college. A player to watch and on the rise is Phil Thomas from Fresno State. He's creating a buzz at the Senior Bowl.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
DR RAM said:
A player to watch and on the rise is Phil Thomas from Fresno State. He's creating a buzz at the Senior Bowl.

Love this kid and was going to say the same thing!

I can still see him around the bottom of the second round and even into the third with all the other big buzz names in the draft, but this Thomas kid is smooth.