Senior Bowl/Draft Updates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
I really want the Rams to draft Harrison Smith. He'll provide great safety depth and his stock is rising. Got very quality reviews from the practices. Was a captain at ND and very quality guy. Hope we are still keeping the character thing in mind at Rams park.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
superfan24 said:
I really want the Rams to draft Harrison Smith. He'll provide great safety depth and his stock is rising. Got very quality reviews from the practices. Was a captain at ND and very quality guy. Hope we are still keeping the character thing in mind at Rams park.

But but but... he played at ND. :tooth:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
Alameda Ta'amu has also had a good showing. His bullrush is very, very tough to stop, if not impossible. 3-4 and 4-3 teams alike are going to be very interested in him at the next level.

I wonder if theres a chance that he could sneak into the 1st round. I look at a defense like Houstons and I think that could be a good fit for him. They also need upgrades at #2 CB and #2 WR.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:
Alameda Ta'amu has also had a good showing. His bullrush is very, very tough to stop, if not impossible. 3-4 and 4-3 teams alike are going to be very interested in him at the next level.

I wonder if theres a chance that he could sneak into the 1st round. I look at a defense like Houstons and I think that could be a good fit for him. They also need upgrades at #2 CB and #2 WR.

No, no. He'll be right there at the top of two :lol:. I really like this dude. His only knock IMO were a couple of minor injuries last year. He reminds me of like a young Shaun Rogers alà Detroit Lions days.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Warner4Prez said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:

No, no. He'll be right there at the top of two :lol:. I really like this dude. His only knock IMO were a couple of minor injuries last year. He reminds me of like a young Shaun Rogers alà Detroit Lions days.

I'd agree with the Rogers comparison, but Ta'amu doesn't quit on plays like Rogers does. His motor is non-stop, which is very impressive for a man as large as him.

I absolutely wouldn't mind taking him at the top of round two, but if he continues to have a good Senior Bowl and follows up with an impressive Combine, you might see a team like the Steelers take him in the first round.

To answer Jdash's thoughts about Houston, Wade Phillip's defense relies on nose tackles that are built more like Jay Ratliff; they're normally shorter and lighter than guys like Hampton, Raji, or Wilfork. Phillips found Ratliff as a seventh rounder, if I'm not mistaken, and he used Shaun Cody - a street free agent - as a nose tackle early on, so he might try to find a late round gem again.

Just my thoughts.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
Warner4Prez said:
JdashSTL said:
Memento said:

I'd agree with the Rogers comparison, but Ta'amu doesn't quit on plays like Rogers does. His motor is non-stop, which is very impressive for a man as large as him.

I absolutely wouldn't mind taking him at the top of round two, but if he continues to have a good Senior Bowl and follows up with an impressive Combine, you might see a team like the Steelers take him in the first round.

To answer Jdash's thoughts about Houston, Wade Phillip's defense relies on nose tackles that are built more like Jay Ratliff; they're normally shorter and lighter than guys like Hampton, Raji, or Wilfork. Phillips found Ratliff as a seventh rounder, if I'm not mistaken, and he used Shaun Cody - a street free agent - as a nose tackle early on, so he might try to find a late round gem again.

Just my thoughts.
I really like Thompson out of Clemson, and like Powell out of NC as a later pick. There is some real intriguing prospects that are in that tweener mode like Wolfe of Cinci. Does anyone have a handle on what kinds of guys Gregg Williams will like? Based on his prior roster, looks like he would like a big nose tackle, but some of his other guys fit into that tweener or at least not huge mode. I think the DT position is shaping up to be pretty deep, but it's not real strong at the top. Thoughts?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Initial impressions....Came out of the game liking Thompson and Reyes even more at DT. D. Wolfe flashed a few times. Coples looks a little like Calais Campbell. Vinnie Curry kept flashing, but is DE only. Cam Johnson played well. The two receivers that I liked played well...Adams and Criner. I'm becoming a big fan of Cordy Glenn, especially if he slips out of the 1st round. I think he can play multiple positions. I like Osemele as a Guard only. Even though Mayock hyped Adams, who played OK, he's not my bag of tea, and IMO, he needs a lot of seasoning. Pead was outstanding, and Marting played well also, I like both as change of pace/returners.

I'll study the lines in more detail later.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Initial impressions....Came out of the game liking Thompson and Reyes even more at DT. D. Wolfe flashed a few times. Coples looks a little like Calais Campbell. Vinnie Curry kept flashing, but is DE only. Cam Johnson played well. The two receivers that I liked played well...Adams and Criner. I'm becoming a big fan of Cordy Glenn, especially if he slips out of the 1st round. I think he can play multiple positions. I like Osemele as a Guard only. Even though Mayock hyped Adams, who played OK, he's not my bag of tea, and IMO, he needs a lot of seasoning. Pead was outstanding, and Marting played well also, I like both as change of pace/returners.

I'll study the lines in more detail later.

Didnt get to watch the game, but I have heard Criner has been very impressive. He could very well end up as BPA at the top of the second should we go another direction in the first.

Cordy Glenn sounds solid at the top of the 2nd

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I really like Thompson out of Clemson, and like Powell out of NC as a later pick. There is some real intriguing prospects that are in that tweener mode like Wolfe of Cinci. Does anyone have a handle on what kinds of guys Gregg Williams will like? Based on his prior roster, looks like he would like a big nose tackle, but some of his other guys fit into that tweener or at least not huge mode. I think the DT position is shaping up to be pretty deep, but it's not real strong at the top. Thoughts?

Yeah I agree. My favorite DT is Mike Martin out of Michigan. Hes a high motor player that will be a nice addition for the rotation at DT. Wes Bunting summed him up very well:

Impression: The kind of prospect you don't want to bet against. Is limited and doesn't have the kind of frame to get all that bigger, but I can see him working his way into a rotation as a 43 nose in the NFL and being the kind of guy coaches love.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/col ... layer=9201