Senior Bowl/Draft Updates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I thought I would post Twitter accounts that I recommend to follow and draft links.

Twitter:
Evan Silva - @evansilva
Josh Norris - @JoshNorris
Wesley Bunting - @WesBunting
Tony Pauline - @TonyPauline
Eric Galko - @OptimumScouting
Matt Bowen - @MattBowen41
Scott Wright - @DraftCountdown
Dan Kadar - @MockingTheDraft
Thomas Melton - @TMeltonScouting
TheSidelineView - @SidelineFB
Rob Rang - @RobRang
Russell Lande - @RUSSLANDE
DraftAce.com - @Ryan_McCrystal
Matt Miller - @nfldraftscout
Todd McShay - @McShay13
Adam Caplan - @caplannfl
Chad Reuter - @ChadReuter
Sideline Scouting - @sidelinescouts
Draft Breakdown - @draftbreakdown
Aaron Aloysius - @AaronAloysius

Links:
http://nflmocks.com/

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc ... w/13682485

http://draftace.com/blog/

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sco ... tment.html

http://drafttek.com/

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Watching some Senior Bowl practice right now. I like some Dline and Oline prospects. FUN to watch.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I loves me some Senior Bowl coverage! I've been reading on my winners and losers, tracking the practice summaries trying to gleen some knowlege.
Another website for you my ROD bretheren: http://www.draftnasty.com run by former Ram Corey Chavous who travels nation wide in a bus getting his scout on and is at the Senior Bowl right now hanging out with Torry Holt.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Thanks.

Love the hype. But this is the first time some of these players have been under the microscope so it's always interesting to see how they respond.
Few of these guys are facing stronger completion than faced in their collegiate career and it shows.
Dwight Jones for as big as he is sure can't handle press coverage. Fuller went from 3rd to udfa in 2 days. Dennard. anything before the 3rd is a bust.
Adams can't handle speed rushers. Sanders and McCant need a year in the weight room before they can even play productively.

And as someone said a couple months ago Reiff is passing Kalil on draft boards without even suiting up.

I read a couple years ago that 25% of the senior bowl players won't make a NFL roster. Never counted that up but it might be correct counting the underclass men.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
By a couple of reports, this guy is looking like the real deal there at the SR Bowl. Measured in at 6'5" 225.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5X0_c1DZo[/youtube]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Brian Quick caught my attention too. Big, strong, and fast. What's not to like?

I have read reports that he struggles running routes tho. His breaks are sloppy. Im sure Torry Holt could help with that :hehe: Hopefully he'll be back as a special coach/assistant during training camp.

I guess CB Alfonzo Dennard out of NEB has had a putrid Senior Bowl. He went from being considered a 1st round CB to a prospect at safety.

The CB out of Georgia, Boykin(sp?), is a guy Im really pulling for. His draft grade has been hurt because of his size, but all accounts are that he's a stud. I cant remember watching a Georgia game where he didnt make a play either.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
For your viewing pleasure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boy0tkwcv-A[/youtube]

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=WR

Movin Marvin Jones. Was going to be a 5th or 6th but is moving up. He will never be a #1 but would be a great rotational guy as a 4 or 5. Lacks elite burst, might run as fast as a upper 4.4. Good hands, but has to work on beating press coverage.

To be honest now that Lloyd is in FA limbo Danny A. is for sure NFL legit WR. on the Rams. Salas has great upside but is coming off a broken leg and they both play the same slot pos. Even if we go Blackmon or another top rec. we need to cut the deadwood and get some new players in here to fill out the ranks. Jones, Quick, would be a upgrade.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
libertadrocks said:

I have read reports that he struggles running routes tho. His breaks are sloppy. Im sure Torry Holt could help with that :hehe: Hopefully he'll be back as a special coach/assistant during training camp.

I guess CB Alfonzo Dennard out of NEB has had a putrid Senior Bowl. He went from being considered a 1st round CB to a prospect at safety.

The CB out of Georgia, Boykin(sp?), is a guy Im really pulling for. His draft grade has been hurt because of his size, but all accounts are that he's a stud. I cant remember watching a Georgia game where he didnt make a play either.

Dennard= Justin King.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
Thanks.

Love the hype. But this is the first time some of these players have been under the microscope so it's always interesting to see how they respond.
Few of these guys are facing stronger completion than faced in their collegiate career and it shows.
Dwight Jones for as big as he is sure can't handle press coverage. Fuller went from 3rd to udfa in 2 days. Dennard. anything before the 3rd is a bust.
Adams can't handle speed rushers. Sanders and McCant need a year in the weight room before they can even play productively.

And as someone said a couple months ago Reiff is passing Kalil on draft boards without even suiting up.

I read a couple years ago that 25% of the senior bowl players won't make a NFL roster. Never counted that up but it might be correct counting the underclass men.
I like Sanders, he needs some strength, they all do, but he has a chance. Glenn is intriguing, looks like he needs to be coached up, but love his spirit and size. Blake looks like he may have something, need to see more of him.

No other South OL'man impressed me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is LB Lavonte David from Nebraska playing in this game? I would love the Rams to draft this guy. His only knock is he is a little undersized but I think you can fix that with a few dozen T-bone steaks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:

Boykin is great. Bently is feisty and skilled, but holds a lot. I like Rainy too, but not his past. Criner is showing something, and Arkansas' Adams is quick. Dwight Jones has good size and long speed--flat outran Jenkins. Edwards was showing something before he pulled up lame.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
Is LB Lavonte David from Nebraska playing in this game? I would love the Rams to draft this guy. His only knock is he is a little undersized but I think you can fix that with a few dozen T-bone steaks.
He's on the north roster, but I haven't seen him yet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Marvin McNutt is the guy I want if we don't get Sanu in the second. I've always been a fan of his, and he's been having a very strong Senior Bowl.

Brian Quick would be a good late round flyer, but I'm leery of the level of competition he's played against.

I know a lot people have said this, but Alfonso Dennard really screwed up his draft stock with his poor effort. He's small, slow, and he just doesn't look like an NFL cornerback. I wouldn't draft him at this point.

Keep an eye on Michael Egnew. I'm not just saying this because he's a Missouri guy; the tight end depth this year after Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener is awful, and Egnew is easily the top senior in this class. He hasn't helped or hurt his stock much, but he's shown that he's a possibility for some teams in the fourth round with his size, speed, and hands. He's also a much better blocker than he's been given credit for.

Kendall Reyes is another guy to keep an eye on. He just beats everyone inside. He's not a particularly big defensive tackle (300 pounds), but he's got a great first step.

Brandon Thompson also upped his stock. He's been consistent and reliable in both pass-rushing and run-stopping, and that's really all you can ask for out of a defensive tackle.

Alameda Ta'amu has also had a good showing. His bullrush is very, very tough to stop, if not impossible. 3-4 and 4-3 teams alike are going to be very interested in him at the next level.

Chris Rainey is fast, but he doesn't have a position (unless you want a small, slight returner), and the fact that he has a criminal record is not going to help his stock.

Vick Ballard, a running back from Mississippi State, has been the best running back in the Senior Bowl by far. He's one of the few big running backs in this draft, and he could be an option in the fourth round.

Chris Polk, on the other hand, has been very poor. In fact, the only person at the Senior Bowl who's hurt their stock more has been Dennard. Polk's not running as hard as he should, and he seems a step too slow. I'm seeing shades of Shaun Alexander - the Redskins version. I've been very disappointed in his effort. This was his chance to shine, and he's done the exact opposite.

Senior Bowl aside, there was another Missouri player who did good at the East-West Shrine game and in the weeks leading up to it. Dominique Hamilton is a run-stuffing defensive tackle (6'1", 305 lbs) who has been nothing short of solid. He's stopped just about every running play that's gone near him. He's not a pass-rusher in the slightest, and that's what will kill his prospects of being drafted. However, he reminds me of Jamal Williams in his ability to anchor, using his short compact frame as leverage against bigger centers. He'd be an excellent UDFA pickup for a 3-4 team or a 4-3 team in need of a run-stopping nose tackle.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah he's supposed to be playing, but I havent heard anything about him. Good or bad.

Rainy is an interesting prospect. He is getting a lot of comparisons to Percy Harvin, although Rainy is more of a RB. He's also projected to run in the 4.3s. Despite his electricity he is slotted to be taken late day 2/early day 3. He sounds like a good change of pace type guy to SJ39 that could also play a little WR.

Anyway he falls to the 5th Dr?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah he's supposed to be playing, but I havent heard anything about him. Good or bad.

Rainy is an interesting prospect. He is getting a lot of comparisons to Percy Harvin, although Rainy is more of a RB. He's also projected to run in the 4.3s. Despite his electricity he is slotted to be taken late day 2/early day 3. He sounds like a good change of pace type guy to SJ39 that could also play a little WR.

He could, he has a really bad criminal past.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:

I thought it was all real minor stuff. What'd he do?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/chris-rainey-arrested-all_n_716010.html

If you don't want to click on the link, he was charged with aggravated stalking. He apparently sent his former girlfriend a threatening text saying, "Time to die, (censored by the newspaper)" after she told him to leave her house. That's not even mentioning some of the things he said about co-eds and the things he said about his former teammates.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
Ramhusker said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/chris-rainey-arrested-all_n_716010.html

If you don't want to click on the link, he was charged with aggravated stalking. He apparently sent his former girlfriend a threatening text saying, "Time to die, (censored by the newspaper)" after she told him to leave her house. That's not even mentioning some of the things he said about co-eds and the things he said about his former teammates.

Yeah, no thank you.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:

Yeah, no thank you.

Yeah I didnt know about that. Blount's "altercation" was less serious than that and he went undrafted.

Ill pass, although based on history our HC and FO may take a shot on him.