Semifinals: Tunnel Catch vs Broken Streak

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

And the winner is....... ?

• 1. Flipper's catch

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 2. Getting the monkey off our backs

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
flipper.jpg

[textarea]In the 1989 Divisional Playoffs against the Giants, and in overtime, QB Jim Everett lined in the backfield 30 yards shy of the end zone. The New York defense blitzed, thinking that LA would be running it since they were already in field goal range. Instead, Anderson eluded a Mark Collins bump near the line of scrimmage, and streaked down the right side of the field. Everett found him just feet from the goal line; Flipper caught the ball in stride and sprinted into the end zone, then through the tunnel that led to the locker room.

''Before the game, Aaron Cox and I said if either of us gets the winning touchdown in overtime, we would run straight to the locker room with it," Anderson said.[/textarea]

******* VS *******

81354947.jpg

[textarea]After being defeated by the 49ers for four straight years since the Rams moved to St Louis (and eight years in total), the Rams blow out the 49ers in a 42-20 rout where Kurt Warner went 20-23 for 323 yards and 5 touchdowns. The game is seen as the coming out party for a team that will be eventually become known as "The Greatest Show on Turf."

Isaac Bruce cries after the game, having never defeated the 49ers before.

Unfortunately, Ken Norton was not made available for comment after the game. :box:[/textarea]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I had to go with kicking the Forty-Whiners collective arses. There's nothing quite like looking a hated rival dead in the eye and then knocking them the fuck out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I'd have to believe that the SF game made this team really believe that 3-0 was not a fluke. Keep in mind that SF was 3-1 heading into that game - having just beaten the Titans. Thumping a team that had beaten us that many times in a row after we thumped the three previous teams really gave us a head of steam and a swagger that we rode to the SB.

superfan24

Starter
That is a really awesome picture of Flipper and even Bruce too. Would be sick to get them enlarged and hang 'em up somewhere.
Yup had to go with the demolition of the whiners.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think the catch is going to win the whole thing. That was such a clutch catch and it sent the Rams to the Superbowl. It was awesome...it filled me with awe. Nothing else could describe it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Damn I miss those unis....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Living through the pain of all those years of playoff losses was pretty damn tough, so my vote went for Flipper's game winning TD in NY.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Both are very memorable, but the playoff game against the G-Women is one I will never forget. For some reason, that play when Flipper took it to the tunnel just sticks out in my head. I was only a freshman in high school and it was quite impressionable on me at that time. I absolutely loved it.