Semi Finals: 1985 Playoffs or Ricky Proehl's Catch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which was the more stellar moment?

• 1. 1985 Playoffs and blanking the Cowgirls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Ricky Proehl's ridiculous catch to get to the Superbowl

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
1985 Divisional Playoffs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhMreGWvcU[/youtube]
[textarea]Running back Eric Dickerson led the Rams to a victory by scoring two touchdowns and recording a playoff record 248 rushing yards. After the first half ended with a 3-0 Los Angeles lead, Dickerson scored on a 55-yard touchdown run early in the third period. On the ensuing kickoff, Kenny Duckett fumbled, and the ball was recovered by Vince Newsome to set up kicker Mike Lansford's second field goal. In the fourth period, Tony Hunter recovered a fumbled punt to set up Dickerson's 40-yard rushing touchdown. This was Tom Landry's final post-season game as the Cowboys head coach.[/textarea]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-6iZk8dJk[/youtube]
[textarea]With the Rams behind 6-5 in the NFC Championship Game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kurt Warner floated a fade to the left corner of the end zone which Ricky Proehl, the third-best receiver on the roster behind Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, hauled in for the game-winning TD. Ricky had exactly zero touchdown catches the entire regular season to become the most unlikely hero of the St Louis Rams, and the catalyst that propelled them into the SB to finish up as THE Cinderella Story of 1999.[/textarea]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ricky Proehl was the fourth best receiver on our roster; Hakim was our slot guy. The fact that he stepped up to make a play to save the Rams' hopes of winning a Super Bowl gets him the nod over the impressive '85 Rams.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hard for me not to vote for ED2105, but Ricky's catch was more stellar .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I gotta go with Ricky in a tough decision. ED doing that to the girls in a playoff game no less was pretty damn special but Damn! that catch was a shocker AND of course we happened to win our only SB after that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. The Cowboy game is getting blanked (again). 10-0.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Going with Proehl's catch. The catch helped lead the team to the SB.