Seems like Desperation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
They should have had all three QBs compete for the starters job. My sense was that it was Keenum's job barring a meltdown or Goff blowing them away. Neither happened.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. Mannion. If he had come out 1 year earlier, he would have been picked higher, possibly first round, you can say no way all you want, but he had all the hype and all the Stats. He chose to stay AFTER losing his top 3 targets, one of which was a guy named Brandon Cooks who is pretty damn good, AND like 4 of his 5 starting lineman. His final year was poor, but not all of that can be attributed to his ability. How many times did we make excuses for Bradford because his receivers sucked? I DONT KNIW if Mannion is a player in the NFL or not. I do believe he is held back only because what he does do well is everything Jeff Fisher refuses to put into his offense. They drafted a qb that never had a shot of filling Fishers idea of a qb. Yes he had 1 good preseason game, but he hasn't had a crappy one either. How many times has Keenum been cut? I mean the guy must just be one hell of a person, because teams love him for some reason besides his ability. He excelled in a offense that isn't run in NFL, and dies not have the ability. He's short , and has a low release and weak arm. Dilfer was a game manager, possibly the worst qb ever to win a super bowl, but he could throw down field, and didn't get passes batted down. I have supported Fisher but our qb situation is puZzling. I mean Wentz ran a system eerily familiar to our own, or what we want to do in College. Run dominant, snaps under center, he's huge, he can sling it, and yet we draft a guy who will take a year just to learn how to play a game he's never had to play. I hope Goff succeeds, I do, but Wentz was a better fit, and had more arm talent and better physical attributes. PLUS , it may just be me being jaded against Goff at this point, but his demeanor and general way he carries himself, doesn't scream confident leader. Now granted I'm basing that off TV appearances and those can be manipulated and misunderstood, but I remember when Marriuci had both guys at blackboard before draft and had them answering football questions, even then Goff seemed goofy, nit sure if himself, and Wentz killed it.

Don't take me wrong, I'm rooting for the kid I am. I'm just saying, unless there are a lot of things that the public has not seen or privileged to see, the pick in itself baffles me.

So NO Mannion isn't guaranteed to be good, but I do believe hes better than Keenum, but unless they start calli g some pass plays that are vertical in nature its all moot anyway, because Brett Favre could not have succeeded Monday Night with those plays.

I'm all over the place. In short, Keenum will not be on the field at all by week 10. No way. That my opinion. Fisher as much as I want to love him better get something going , because THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL STAN WILL GO I TO A BRAND NEW STADIUM IN TWO YEARS WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN A CONTENDER. NO WAY AT ALL.

Just mho , don't slam me for saying it.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
If Mannion was the next Brady, he would have shown it by now, to either the viewer or the coaching staff.

Unless the coaching staff is that blind, which, fuck they might be.

Regardless, watching Mannion these first two years hasn't left me blown away. Had some good moments, especially against Dallas this year, but there isn't some grand conspiracy against Mannion. A shadow organization of lizard people isn't what's keeping Sean from being the franchise.

Goff is the guy and Mannion, as far as I can tell, has never been considered the answer to the question. That's for good reason I'm sure. He's back-up quality. It's what he showed as a prospect and what he has shown as a pro so far.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Personally I think Mannion deserves a shot. He's slow , his release isnt as fast...both things they say about Flacco.
That was my analogy too when we drafted him. Flacco and going way back....Drew Bledsoe ish.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't take me wrong, I'm rooting for the kid I am. I'm just saying, unless there are a lot of things that the public has not seen or privileged to see, the pick in itself baffles me.

You and everyone else it seems brother. Fans have been droppin off the Goff bandwagon like rats off a sinking ship since he didn't kill it in preseason. Every Rams board is full of fans saying they should have taken Wentz, why'd they trade up for Goff, Goff is already a bust, etc., etc.

I suggest you just relax and enjoy watching our young QB learn to play at this level, then see where it goes man. None of us know whether Goff will be a great QB. We all got opinions, but why make the negative assumption and ruin the joy of watching it unfold?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of course everyone has the right to be whatever kind of fan they wish to be.
But this forum has certain standards and rules that have been ignored for a week.
What does it mean to "not accept" mediocrity? Unless this is someone's first season as a fan of this team, then they not only accept mediocrity, they accept it over and over again...

I am freaking sick of pages full of negative threads that are crammed full of countless repetitive whining.
We lost. It sucks. But for fucks sake we have 15 games left to play and why everyone seems to have forgotten how quickly things can change is beyond my ability to grasp.

But that's just me... an unsatisfied and disenfranchised fan from the show me state.

So what's the option? Pretend? Ignore the obvious? Just don't talk about the things that ARE wrong and only talk about the positive?

Cuz after last Monday, that woulda been like pickin' corn outta someone's poo.

I dunno that it works to say "to each their own" and then be upset at anything that's not happy talk. And that's what it boils down to because a LOT of these posts aren't baseless bitching and moaning, but on point criticisms that were pointed out BEFORE the season and the organization has either done nothing to improve the situation or made it worse.

That's a far cry from repetitive whining.

But understand we all want the same thing in the end... A winning franchise.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Umm, no. Sean Mannion was a 3rd rounder...I want not only the best guy to play, but the guy with a future as a franchise QB in the league. We would not have drafted Goff if the talent evaluators though Mannion was that guy..Why would they give up what they did for Goff, if they thought Mannion was? For whatever reason, whatever they saw in the development of Sean Mannion, wasn't enough, hence my comment that he can't fight his way onto the field.

Except they never developed him. He spent his entire rookie pre-season being ignored because Fisher had to dither over who was going to backup Nick Foles... Keenum or Austin Davis. Mannion hardly got a sniff...or a rep. And the 3rd stringer during the season barely puts on a uniform. Kickers get more action.

The point about Mannion isn't to argue that he's better than Goff. I wouldn't argue that. I don't know, but it doesn't seem that way. The point is that there's just no way based in the limited contact under the CBA that Mannion got any development which meant the Rams had quite literally NO IDEA what they had in Mannion when they drafted Goff.

All we can do now is hope that a) Goff quickly becomes all they project him to be as a franchise QB and b) he stays healthy because Keenum's gone after this year and Mannion hasn't been developed to win games even as a backup and he'll be gone in a trade after 2017 to recoup picks or after 2018 for nothing.

If Goff doesn't become a super healthy Franchise QB... Well, it's not a pretty picture.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So what's the option? Pretend? Ignore the obvious? Just don't talk about the things that ARE wrong and only talk about the positive?

Cuz after last Monday, that woulda been like pickin' corn outta someone's poo.

I dunno that it works to say "to each their own" and then be upset at anything that's not happy talk. And that's what it boils down to because a LOT of these posts aren't baseless bitching and moaning, but on point criticisms that were pointed out BEFORE the season and the organization has either done nothing to improve the situation or made it worse.

That's a far cry from repetitive whining.

But understand we all want the same thing in the end... A winning franchise.

All I'm saying is keep it reasonable and less redundant piling on.
You're stretching my words to extremes.

Let me ask you, do you want to post negative shit constantly with just a bunch of others saying the same thing?
If your answer is yes, then ROD doesn't need to be your place for that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
No, and I don't think I do that nor do a number of others that are critical.

I think there is a difference between being critical and doing what basically happens in the vent thread all the time. And I can understand why some would not want to make that parse.

There's not much joy in Mudville when the Rams are playing like this.

I can understand not wanting to rehash the negative. I can. But some us have to keep it real. And I'm sure there's room for all of us at ROD.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the record I'm far from a negative poster. I have posted very few threads criticizing. This one , to call it negative , well it's a "soft" negative. Lol. So don't call me a whiner, go back and read my threads, I'm one of the blindest loyal fans in existence. I live 2 hours from LA and am surrounded by Miner and Raider fans, ever since I was a kid, when we were in LA, and by all intents and purposes should be a Ram area. I just think this one thing sucks. I have not nor ever will be someone who this is Keenum is even close to a qb who can manage not to lose a game, much less win. There are qb who excel at nit losing, putting team in position to win. He's not one. He will lose games for us, and I stand by tje fact that he won't be playing by week 8. I mean he'll Wed be better off with Timmy Chang at qb. I also.believe Mannion deserves a shot.

I don't want a fan forum with everyone posting paises. That's dog crap